Now Who?

Derhey

Reaction score
Now that Claeys is officially fired, who will be our next head coach? How many players will leave? I am sure everyone here feels like I do...my head is spinning and I just want a great football team in addition to our hockey program. Why can't we have some stability and return to the ranks of an elite program!?!

I honestly think it will be Sawvel or someone like Caruso.

Why would Fleck come here? He'll have better options next season.

Maybe the guy who was at NDSU?

Tony Dungy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My money is on a Richard Pitino like situation, where this drags on for weeks and we end up with our 6th-9th choice.

Sawvel = NO

Caruso? A D3 coach? Really? NO NO NO.

Bohl you mean? Just signed his contract extension with $6.5M buyout as of today.

Chip Kelly next coach?

I think gophers should make an offer to Chip Kelly. What ya think?

I assume they already know who they are hiring. They wouldn't pull the plug this close to signing day, unless they had someone to plug right in.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Les Miles. He wants redemption at a Power 5 program and he has won big. Instant credibility.

I assume they already know who they are hiring. They wouldn't pull the plug this close to signing day, unless they had someone to plug right in.

You're correct that no administration who knows what they're doing would let it play out that way.

Soooo....I guess we'll see.

I wouldn't assume that.

My money is on a Richard Pitino like situation, where this drags on for weeks and we end up with our 6th-9th choice.

Richard Pitino's current job security is at an all time high Btw (most of it due to football)

Sawvel = NO

Caruso? A D3 coach? Really? NO NO NO.

Bohl you mean? Just signed his contract extension with $6.5M buyout as of today.

I didn't know about Bohl's buyout. Yeah, he's out.

Caruso, I don't want. I just see this administration caving and not being able to get anyone. I can't imagine anyone of any caliber is interested in this job. I think it will be someone completely unqualified. This is a tough place to hire a good coach under normal circumstances. This doesn't make it any easier.

Because Jerry Kill was a big name
So was Tracy

I think Jerry Kill will be a much bigger name than whoever our new coach is going to be. I could be wrong. I hope we can land someone.

Caruso, I don't want. I just see this administration caving and not being able to get anyone. I can't imagine anyone of any caliber is interested in this job. I think it will be someone completely unqualified. This is a tough place to hire a good coach under normal circumstances. This doesn't make it any easier.

Earlier I said that I support the program, even though I disagree with firing of TC. However, if they hired a D-III coach, that may be the final breaking point for me to say "I'm done!"

Slidell Tullis might be available, but he's got some history.

Rumor has it that Zimmer is going to coach both Minnesota teams. This way the admin can handle the daily duties, and all zimmer has to do is show up and coach on Saturdays. Coyle is just going to send recruits texts every couple weeks, but he will leave it up to the public who he sends the texts to. That way if a recruit is a bust he saves face on it.

Sawvel?![emoji23]

These idiots don't know what they are doing from the top!

Claeys got ripped. Players will leave

Cory sauter out in Marshall. At least a young former gopher
That flecks team looked like crap
Not impressed

let's just start with no recruiting class...likely at all. Then add no defensive backs...likely at all. Then add maybe A quarterback or maybe two for spring football.
This is going to be a very long climb. Only somebody who wants a million dollars bad is coming...anybody with other decent possibilities waits. 1000% anybody hired will be fired, it's a really long fix after today.

I have no idea why any top notch coach would want to work with the administration in place.

These idiots don't know what they are doing from the top!

Claeys got ripped. Players will leave

Cory sauter out in Marshall. At least a young former gopher
That flecks team looked like crap
Not impressed

That sounds perfect for the Gophers. Talk about how a Western Michigan team looked like crap, but go and look at a coach that went 5-6 last year in the NSIC last year. Sign me up

Not all, but many Gopher fans are delusional if they think any coach who is not a fool or desperate will take this job. A lot of hard work went into getting the program to the edge of B1G contention. I'll be watching with great interest to see how the next 6 years compares to the previous six. My guess is the already forlorn Gopher fans are in for some dark, dark days.

Because Jerry Kill was a big name
So was Tracy

They didn't have to overcome a boneheaded firing of a coach that the players loved. We'll be lucky to have 60-65 scholarship players next year. Hope you liked the Wacker years- then again that may have been better than what's coming.

They didn't have to overcome a boneheaded firing of a coach that the players loved. We'll be lucky to have 60-65 scholarship players next year. Hope you liked the Wacker years- then again that may have been better than what's coming.

Loved the Wacker years, loved the Mason years, loved the Brewster years, loved the Kill years, loved the Claeys year and a half.

My head tells me Fleck is a possibility.
My gut tells me Chris Klieman from NDSU

Top Bottom