Now This Is Flattering Publicity

no where you dwell

Nice response. Continue living in your little fantasy land where you know we have a coach who is a multi-millionaire (even though at last count, he wasn't), Brewster and his support is akin to Mao and Stalin and where "RL" or "real life" as you call it (highly debatable in your case), is some place where everyone agrees with your personal view.

Wow are you lost. Semantics? It's either he's a multi-millionaire because of his contract or he's not. Get some evidence to back up your point or shut it.

Fixating on statement that 5 million dollar contract is a multi million dollar salary (yes perhaps mulit million dollar contract would have been a better use of words) whilst defending a stupid lax in poise by a head coach is semantics. Hinging your argument on parsing every word while unable to be meet the points you don't agree with is juvinile semantics. Statement stands. Evidence in the validity of the "tweet" (or posting or what ever you will) is that no statement to contradict it was offered. Now I will leave this post alone because Brewster's mislead twitter habits wasn't that grave of a faux pas to warrant me getting you all worked up any longer:cool:

Nice response. Continue living in your little fantasy land where you know we have a coach who is a multi-millionaire (even though at last count, he wasn't), Brewster and his support is akin to Mao and Stalin and where "RL" or "real life" as you call it (highly debatable in your case), is some place where everyone agrees with your personal view.

you did walk into it and had me going with the semantical based argument...

stop fanning this flamer ulfr, he is no fan of the program. And "mismanages PR"? He did not post it, and Brewster is the King of Positive PR.

Why would Brewster issue a contradicting statement about the post if he did not write it? Since he did not write it, he should ignore it and move on like he is doing.

You don't get it do you. At the point in time Brewster was hired, there were no fans in RL.

To be a fan in real life.... that is interesting. Sports are generally an escape aren't they. Chasing the ball. We all get excited. I guess the average guy on the bar stool who shows up on Saturdays, reads the paper, water cooler talk etc, but avoids things like this board to me is a fan in "real life". Most gopher fans are not going to be at all interested in spending their day off doing laundry and posting replys to you or me on some silly board, but are sports ever real life? Ah well. I just wish Brewster would choose his words more wisely, and concentrate on not letting little punks from DCE jerk him around. Also, I don't love going to work and having every body rib me because the guy makes clown like gaffs and I am the only in 300 people in the office who cares about the club. Admittedly a twitter posting of the magnitude at hand is hardly front page news though.

stop fanning this flamer ulfr, he is no fan of the program. And "mismanages PR"? He did not post it, and Brewster is the King of Positive PR.

couldn't one argue that you are flaming the original post that simply pointed out the little publicity that Brewster has garnished in the national scene in the last year..

Fixating on statement that 5 million dollar contract is a multi million dollar salary (yes perhaps mulit million dollar contract would have been a better use of words) whilst defending a stupid lax in poise by a head coach is semantics. Hinging your argument on parsing every word while unable to be meet the points you don't agree with is juvinile semantics. Statement stands. Evidence in the validity of the "tweet" (or posting or what ever you will) is that no statement to contradict it was offered. Now I will leave this post alone because Brewster's mislead twitter habits wasn't that grave of a faux pas to warrant me getting you all worked up any longer:cool:

To you maybe, but to those of us who want and expect actual evidence before making a conclusion, that's the way it goes buddy. Your the one lost in semantics here, saying "well, what I meant was a multi-million dollar contract over a certain amount of time, blah blah blah." I responded to exactly what you said. If you can't back it up, then don't say it. It's that simple. My original statement thusly stands.

Parsing every word? How is responding to the implication that Brewster receives support similar to Mao and Stalin parsing every word? Try talking to people in "RL?" What "real world" would that be? Yours? Again, not parsing every word. These are YOUR words and YOUR implications. If you can't back them up, that's your problem, which begs to question why you went on your soap box to begin with.

you did walk into it and had me going with the semantical based argument...

So now it's my fault you make absolutely ridiculous statements with no basis in fact? Okay, got it. :rolleyes:

To be a fan in real life.... that is interesting. Sports are generally an escape aren't they. Chasing the ball. We all get excited. I guess the average guy on the bar stool who shows up on Saturdays, reads the paper, water cooler talk etc, but avoids things like this board to me is a fan in "real life". Most gopher fans are not going to be at all interested in spending their day off doing laundry and posting replys to you or me on some silly board, but are sports ever real life? Ah well. I just wish Brewster would choose his words more wisely, and concentrate on not letting little punks from DCE jerk him around. Also, I[B] don't love going to work and having every body rib me because the guy makes clown like gaffs and I am the only in 300 people in the office who cares about the club[/B]. Admittedly a twitter posting of the magnitude at hand is hardly front page news though.

Okay, so you're "real" fan while the rest of us are "pretend" fans because we happen to post on a message board? Got it.

This makes sense why you had a meltdown earlier in the board. If everybody at work constantly ribbed me about the Gophers and anything coach Brewster said, I guess I would be bitter too. However, none of my colleagues does this and so, I'm not. I'm simply willing to give him some time without passing too much judgment one way or the other. In a few years, that could change.

ULFR,

All we have is reasonable boubt regarding this twitter message. If you are so (unfairly) willing to accept that it couldn't have been someone who figured out (or was given) his password... then how do you explain the fact that is sounds NOTHING like the dozens of other "tweets" he has "twittered"???

Those who are blaming Brewster here seem all seem to be mis-informed on how things work and what happened.

can we just come to the conclusion that twitter is stupid and should be banned??? Good lord we are fighting over whether someone called someone fatpat on the INTERNET. this sounds like something out of junior high, fatpat should just get over it as should all the brewster bashers grilling him over an accurate adjective combined with someone's name. If brewster wrote it, it is childish but so is fatpat crying about it.

can we just come to the conclusion that twitter is stupid and should be banned??? Good lord we are fighting over whether someone called someone fatpat on the INTERNET. this sounds like something out of junior high, fatpat should just get over it as should all the brewster bashers grilling him over an accurate adjective combined with someone's name. If brewster wrote it, it is childish but so is fatpat crying about it.

Fully agree. This is getting out of hand. The real battle here is between Brewster and Reusse and perhaps it is best if we leave it at that instead of attacking each other. :eek:

semiotic response

e9u0t1.jpg
ng3kuq.jpg

See you at TCF

touche. Rubber and the match to you, and good night and good luck to the rest, I have to go work (with Gilreath's older brother I'll add :( ).

Brewster must have pissed in his cereal or something...I just went back and looked at his posts..there isn;t a single positive post on the football team in the lot. There were some prase for Tubby's squad, but not a single glimmer of positivity for the football team.
Hey I had some positive posts!
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg
2dkb8so.jpg

It never gets old...

:clap: Let me go on the record then and say that this coming season, my tenth as a season ticket holder, has never been more anticipated and hoped for and little else trumps the excitement I feel each time I pass that stadium. <-- (count it)

If you think Brewster wrote that "tweet" your brain does not function logically.

So someone took the time to hack into a tweet account and of all the possible peoples accounts to hack into they chose Coach Brewster versus one of the many celebrities or pro athletes on twitter. If it wasn't a true hacking and someone merely knew his login then it would have to someone within his inner circle which is disturbing as well. The other option is he did it, what sounds the most logical.

I'll take that publicity over the publicity in Iowa City right now.

ULFR,

All we have is reasonable boubt regarding this twitter message. If you are so (unfairly) willing to accept that it couldn't have been someone who figured out (or was given) his password... then how do you explain the fact that is sounds NOTHING like the dozens of other "tweets" he has "twittered"???

Those who are blaming Brewster here seem all seem to be mis-informed on how things work and what happened.

What proof do you have that those that doubt the hacking theory are mis-informed. So your theory is right and all others are wrong yet you have no proof either. I acknowledge that we do not know for sure that the account was not hacked, but logic would tell me that if it was a hacking that twitter could track what computer or device the tweet was made from and Brewster as well as the university would want to do this to clear his name.

What proof do you have that those that doubt the hacking theory are mis-informed. So your theory is right and all others are wrong yet you have no proof either. I acknowledge that we do not know for sure that the account was not hacked, but logic would tell me that if it was a hacking that twitter could track what computer or device the tweet was made from and Brewster as well as the university would want to do this to clear his name.

Spot on. Typically when something like this is defaced and bad publicity arises, this is acknowledged by the victim of the attack .

This was a case of twitter being exactly what twitter is supposed to be, a spontaneous sharing of ones ideas. To insinuate that this is some conspiracy against Brewster and his program is laughable.

Brewster has plenty of reasons to not like Reusse. Reusse has made it clear to me that he will never give Brewster a chance. A friend and fellow gopherholer has talked to Reusse and his experience has solidified for me the belief that this dislike transcends accepted bounds professional journalism. This was simply Brewster lashing back, and I won't say that he wasn't provoked.

I wish nobody outside of Brewster's backers would have noticed, but they did. I think Brewster needs to keep such frustration from public venues and be the better man. Further it isn't helped that ESPN radio's AllNight has discussed it two nights running. Not the way I like to see the squad hit the nation's media...

Spot on. Typically when something like this is defaced and bad publicity arises, this is acknowledged by the victim of the attack .

This was a case of twitter being exactly what twitter is supposed to be, a spontaneous sharing of ones ideas. To insinuate that this is some conspiracy against Brewster and his program is laughable.

Brewster has plenty of reasons to not like Reusse. Reusse has made it clear to me that he will never give Brewster a chance. A friend and fellow gopherholer has talked to Reusse and his experience has solidified for me the belief that this dislike transcends accepted bounds professional journalism. This was simply Brewster lashing back, and I won't say that he wasn't provoked.

I wish nobody outside of Brewster's backers would have noticed, but they did. I think Brewster needs to keep such frustration from public venues and be the better man. Further it isn't helped that ESPN radio's AllNight has discussed it two nights running. Not the way I like to see the squad hit the nation's media...

I happen to agree with everything said here. When looking at it objectively, its kind of like two five-year-olds fighting over a sandbox. And from a certain standpoint, it's of hard not to point and laugh at it from a distance.

I guess it's just a matter of perspective. Yeah, it isn't a good thing that Brewster hit the ESPN airwaves for this. But our program was also shown in a very positive light by the recent Sam Maresh story that was on the front page of ESPN College Football on ESPN.com, a story in which Brewster figured prominently. So, it goes both ways.

My main objection to the criticism of Brewster actually doesn't have much to do with Brewster at all but rather with Reusse being the one being called a victim. Reusse's agenda is clear and, as you intimated, it's severely unprofessional. That's why I take anything he says about Brewster or the Gopher football program with a very large grain of salt.

Now, had this been a case where somebody else was flamed and they came forward with evidence? In that case, I would have been more accepting. But the fact that this whole thing comes from Reusse's side of things makes it hard to believe imo.

Hey I had some positive posts!

Allow me to say that I do appreciate the lengths that Brewster goes to connect to the younger generations in his embrace of current internet media, I am not against his twitter usage (though it is certainly not for me), heard he is a facebook guy (not my friend though:rolleyes:) and enjoy his other sites: brewcrewreport.com and play4brew.com

I wonder if any other B10 coaches are "cool" enough to be bloggers much less social networkers. I imagine Paterno staring myopticaly at a laptop as though it were fresh from an area 51 wreck.

ps two positive posts in 12 hours, eek! better go get a nap before the snarkometer bottoms out...

For the sake of those of us who enjoy a ridiculous, pointless debate....use your words, not stupid graphics that blow out the page.

I would like to think Brewster knows the difference between "your" and "you're".

Perhaps you should no longer trust your own logic ... you are so willing to side with the outraged over something written in a self-proclaimed gossip column and a blog written by a man who has publicly announced that he likes the work that he does outside of the newspaper business becuase it does not require him to be factual.

I don't have to provide proof. The accusers do. So frankly, all who are outraged (by something with no evidence over something sooo small) look like asses.:p

You are mis-informed mainly because:
1.) You apparently don't realize how often Reusse has pointed to anonymous sources (on-air) saying things about the U that ended up being wrong. Keep in mind, according to Reusse, the NCAA should have given the U the death penalty by now and every Brewster recruit should have failed out of school. At what point does you brand of logic quit taking him seriously? He makes shit up. Then he talks about "sources" to sound credible. That's his MO.
2.) You seem to assume hacking an internet account is difficult and rare. It's not. It's very common. 5% of all passwords are "qwerty." If that doens't work "asdfgh" is a good bet. If I know you, odds are I can figure out your password in 60 seconds or less. Now consider that Brewster has GA's and staff that probably use his accounts and computers. His twitter account is more breachable than most. Which puts the liklihood at about 50/50 that someone would get into his account at some point.

And as for your brilliant idea of deploying Twitter to perform an investigation to figure out exactly who may have called Pat "fat" :cry: .... are you f'n serious?

Now go change your password.

Perhaps you should no longer trust your own logic ... you are so willing to side with the outraged over something written in a self-proclaimed gossip column and a blog written by a man who has publicly announced that he likes the work that he does outside of the newspaper business becuase it does not require him to be factual.

I don't have to provide proof. The accusers do. So frankly, all who are outraged (by something with no evidence over something sooo small) look like asses.:p

You are mis-informed mainly because:
1.) You apparently don't realize how often Reusse has pointed to anonymous sources (on-air) saying things about the U that ended up being wrong. Keep in mind, according to Reusse, the NCAA should have given the U the death penalty by now and every Brewster recruit should have failed out of school. At what point does you brand of logic quit taking him seriously? He makes shit up. Then he talks about "sources" to sound credible. That's his MO.
2.) You seem to assume hacking an internet account is difficult and rare. It's not. It's very common. 5% of all passwords are "qwerty." If that doens't work "asdfgh" is a good bet. If I know you, odds are I can figure out your password in 60 seconds or less. Now consider that Brewster has GA's and staff that probably use his accounts and computers. His twitter account is more breachable than most. Which puts the liklihood at about 50/50 that someone would get into his account at some point.

And as for your brilliant idea of deploying Twitter to perform an investigation to figure out exactly who may have called Pat "fat" :cry: .... are you f'n serious?

Now go change your password.

It really would not be that hard for Twitter to get this info, it would take them about 2 seconds to look up what IP address the tweet came from. If it was a GA or someone on his staff wouldn't Brewster want to know who he couldn't trust so they could be reprimanded, yet another reason if his account was hacked to find out by who. The university would want this as well as they do not want to have to deal with bad publicity, yet you do not hear about an investigation because they likely know who it points back to and that is right back to Brewster. Also, I am not outraged, but don't act like you have inside knowledge and prove otherwise which you clearly do not. I think it is remarkable that you believe that Brewster would never do no wrong and is above a momentary lapse in judgement. Who ever said this was a hard place to coach is crazy, you have fans who will give you a decade before you are held accountable for winning, give you tons of excuses for why your not winning(tough schedule, not my recruits), and the fans get outraged at any sort of "criticism" of the coach, even if that criticism is nothing by major college football standards. I have seen college coaches a lot more accomplished than Brewster get criticized way worse than he has ever received and their fans aren't whining about it as some do here. The pressure of this job is laughable compared to many others because the expectations of many of the fans are so low. When you raise the expectations and expect more then maybe you will get it.

...but don't act like you have inside knowledge and prove otherwise which you clearly do not.

Thus what I've been saying since the moment this nonsense blew onto the board. No one knows anything other than someone wrote a tweet about Reusse on Brewster's Twitter feed and it was "mean". It's also unlikely that we'll ever know more than that. Brewster could have written it, it could have been a mistake from a GA, or the account could have been hacked. Everyone has their own opinion on what happened, but that's as far as it goes here. OPINION.

I think what PO's the folks who believe that Brewster didn't do this is that the accusation that he did is being treated as fact by the local papers, ESPN radio, etc. I hate he said she said journalism when one of the people is demonstratibly lying. That kind of story is irresponsible. But in this case anything other than he said/she said style report would be irresponsible. Why? B/c the facts are in dispute, there are two very different stories being told, and we don't know who (if anyone) is telling the truth.

I bet if you could prove that Brewster did this that most of the "kool-aid" drinkers like me would flip our positions. But we don't know what happened do we? That's why I'm getting real tired of getting ragged on for defending Brewster against this kind of BS. Until we know more this is just a nonsense story.

I know I would have a completely different stance on this if it was proven that Brew wrote the tweet. If he did it then I think it is a terrible public blunder of the stupid "I'm a man! I'm 40!" variety. I wouldn't have trouble admitting my flip in the face of (still completely nonexistent) evidence because for me this isn't a case of "he can do no wrong"...It's a case of no one has proven he's done wrong. Saying that those who support Brew think he can do no wrong is a straw man. I believe anyone can do anything. But I also reserve the right to believe better about someone until proven otherwise based on my own personal experiences and observations. You've said before that your own experiences lead you to believe that Brewster is not a good man or good coach. Bully for you and I respect your right to that opinion. But believing the opposite doesn't make my position (or that of the others pushing back against you here) wrong. Because at the end of this rant only one truth remains. There is ONLY OPINION AND ASSUMPTION available to us right now. Not proof or facts. PERIOD.

Thus what I've been saying since the moment this nonsense blew onto the board. No one knows anything other than someone wrote a tweet about Reusse on Brewster's Twitter feed and it was "mean". It's also unlikely that we'll ever know more than that. Brewster could have written it, it could have been a mistake from a GA, or the account could have been hacked. Everyone has their own opinion on what happened, but that's as far as it goes here. OPINION.

I think what PO's the folks who believe that Brewster didn't do this is that the accusation that he did is being treated as fact by the local papers, ESPN radio, etc. I hate he said she said journalism when one of the people is demonstratibly lying. That kind of story is irresponsible. But in this case anything other than he said/she said style report would be irresponsible. Why? B/c the facts are in dispute, there are two very different stories being told, and we don't know who (if anyone) is telling the truth.

I bet if you could prove that Brewster did this that most of the "kool-aid" drinkers like me would flip our positions. But we don't know what happened do we? That's why I'm getting real tired of getting ragged on for defending Brewster against this kind of BS. Until we know more this is just a nonsense story.

I know I would have a completely different stance on this if it was proven that Brew wrote the tweet. If he did it then I think it is a terrible public blunder of the stupid "I'm a man! I'm 40!" variety. I wouldn't have trouble admitting my flip in the face of (still completely nonexistent) evidence because for me this isn't a case of "he can do no wrong"...It's a case of no one has proven he's done wrong. Saying that those who support Brew think he can do no wrong is a straw man. I believe anyone can do anything. But I also reserve the right to believe better about someone until proven otherwise based on my own personal experiences and observations. You've said before that your own experiences lead you to believe that Brewster is not a good man or good coach. Bully for you and I respect your right to that opinion. But believing the opposite doesn't make my position (or that of the others pushing back against you here) wrong. Because at the end of this rant only one truth remains. There is ONLY OPINION AND ASSUMPTION available to us right now. Not proof or facts. PERIOD.

Whether he did it or not I don't get why people are so upset that it was reported on by the news. It isn't that big of a deal and people that get that worked up over how it was reported need to grow thicker skin. If this is what they consider unfair reporting or scrutiny they need to see the scrutiny that occurs from the media at the bigger programs and they will then realize that the criticism or scrutiny that Brewster receives from the local media here is nothing.

Top Bottom