Not liking....( Game thread)

Either we're the dumbest team on the face of the earth or Carmody absolutely schooled Tubby today.

Not that hard to school a coach that has checked out of the season. Team has showed zero improvement and tubby showed his typical laid back attitude. As much as the Ryan and izzo working the refs thing bothers me it would be nice to see tubs at least contest a call or 2 during a game.

Either we're the dumbest team on the face of the earth or Carmody absolutely schooled Tubby today.

Option B- at this point the players are the extension of the coach. This is a game we lost on scheme and our reaction to it. It didn't matter if we had Mbakwe or whatever. Tubby just plain got schooled. Terrible.

Never saw this coming.

Our NCAA tourney lives are on the line, and NW smokes us by double digits.

Shoot me now.

There nothing wrong with losing to a bunch of nerds from NW by double digits when your season absolutely hangs in the balance. After all, this NW team is a powerhouse program

@Pewter -- you're killin' me, man. LMFAO

Pathetic. All I can say is pathetic. Wow. Biggest game of the season and to at that lazy is simply pathetic.

The Gophs were never really in this game.

Thanks to the folks in this thread - except TcGopher - for making the game halfways interesting and enjoyable.

I want to say I really appreciate bga's insights and analysis.

What a disappointing effort from the team.

Somehow I gotta believe John Shurna was not a 5 star recruit out of HS-- or even a 3 or 4. We could use a bunch of guys with his smarts, desire and heart!

rodney made the 'float pass' fashionable for this team.. i'm so glad it has caught on.

Option B- at this point the players are the extension of the coach. This is a game we lost on scheme and our reaction to it. It didn't matter if we had Mbakwe or whatever. Tubby just plain got schooled. Terrible.

Izzo would have blown out a neck vein about 5 minutes into this game if he were the gopher coach.. no heart/fight from this gopher coaching staff.. need to shake things up.

Tubby with Mav in ... He is throwing the towel in

That right there pissed me off more than anything Tubby has done in the 4+ years he's been our coach. Putting Mav in was giving up. Tough for the players to play hard when your coach gives up like that. I'm more pissed about that than the loss right now.

Thanks to the folks in this thread - except TcGopher - for making the game halfways interesting and enjoyable.

And we got gophers, and we got jokers!!!We got fans..who like to wave their hands!!We got tcgophers...he is the biggest fan! but man...i love this forum.

Anyone who has followed this team the last decade should have saw this coming. I am not in the least bit surprised. We have no good ball handlers on this team. And I don't see any coming in until of course until Tyus arrives.

start a poll:

which team has quit playing in order to get the coach fired:

illinois
gophers

Anyone who has followed this team the last decade should have saw this coming. I am not in the least bit surprised. We have no good ball handlers on this team. And I don't see any coming in until of course until Tynus arrives.
It would take an act of God for him to become a Gopher.

Anyone who has followed this team the last decade should have saw this coming. I am not in the least bit surprised. We have no good ball handlers on this team. And I don't see any coming in until of course until Tyus arrives.

The guys running the point weren't the problem, though. Our PG's combined for just 4 turnovers. 13 of our turnovers came from guys playing the three through five positions.

And we got gophers, and we got jokers!!!We got fans..who like to wave their hands!!We got tcgophers...he is the biggest fan! but man...i love this forum.

OK, you've won my heart.

Moderators, please ban TcGopher, or at least take away his meds.

rodney on offense

...or double his meds.

Is it just me or should the best leaper in the big ten be playing above the 3pt line floating passes? Or should he be running the baseline looking for lobs and posting up the guard for Northwestern? Confusing?

Is it just me or should the best leaper in the big ten be playing above the 3pt line floating passes? Or should he be running the baseline looking for lobs and posting up the guard for Northwestern? Confusing?

OK, you've convinced me - I'm doubling MY meds.

Top Bottom