Norwood Teague resigns amind sexual harassment allegations

He was trying to pick up chicks... He is male ... Late night drinking I am guessing lots of men on here have said more than a few naughty things in text messages to women. Unless u are happily married then probably not. I have

Were those women (in this case, two separate women) scared to go home alone because they thought their boss would follow them?

He was trying to pick up chicks... He is male ... Late night drinking I am guessing lots of men on here have said more than a few naughty things in text messages to women. Unless u are happily married then probably not. I have

Then his texting started to cross the line as he suggested skinny dipping, another drink with no touching, his attraction to me, etc. At this point, I responded, "No" and "Stop". He continued to text. I left the room to go to the bar and he followed and sat down next to me. He asked if I was happily married, if I had ever had an affair and if I would be open to cheating on my husband. He said that I couldn't deny the connection between us. I shook my head and looked for others. I motioned for people to come sit down next to me, which they did and I talked to them. Then everyone moved ------ again. I sat down at the table. NT was to my left. ---- was to my right.

Across from me sat ------------ I, among others. I heard texts coming in on my phone. He told me to check them and I said no. He continued to tell me to check my phone but I wouldn't.

He started to pinch my buttocks repeatedly as well as my waist. I tried to ignore him by turning away from him. He continued saying things to me but I ignored him. I felt trapped and frozen.

Seems reasonable /s

Glad it didn't work out that way.

You'd be amazed at how horrible academics can treat each other. There are cases of professors doing horrible things to other professors in order to get them to leave or to be marginalized or they are just being a jerk. In the world of academics sexual harassment and ethnic and racial harassment and just not liking someone happens all the time. At a place like the U these things happen and rarely are people fired and publicly humiliated like this.

I have no sympathy for Norwood, but I am just surprised that this is the way things went down.

It will be very interesting if Kaler does this when professors act horribly toward each other. He can't have separate standards for one class of employees over another.

Was waiting for the "boys will be boys" post.

You better get this new information to Kaler. If he was just a horny dude trying to get laid, then it's cool...

Are you kidding? Please say you are.

Almost seemed rather innocent at first, and then the mega barrage of texts hit.....

Personally, I think the next iOS update for iPhone should have an automatic sensor that can see that if over a dozen dirty texts go unresponded, the operator is sent straight to Tinder's log in screen....

Sounds like these women enjoyed the flirting, but were then appalled when he took it to the next level. They didn't need to give out their numbers and they could've just blocked him instead of responding/encouraging Norwood.

This the exact political correct bs that Trump was talking about in the debate last night.

Minnesota is the home of skinny dipping. He went the Grunseth route. I like it.

Amazing - what was he thinking!!?? Won't miss the architect of huge increases on season ticket holders, the most loyal of fans. He was insensitive and dumb in more than one area of life and work.

When a guy asks for your number you would think a women not interested would not give it out. Did they think he would have them fired if they didn.t give him their contact but the same arguement could be made for him wanting to take it to the next level. Norwood acted badly but to me only if they felt they or their job was threatened by Norwood is their a case for dismal providing these were the only incidents. Treatment for his problems and another chance ten years ago. Today your gone as it is the only way to manage a media, social network feeding freenzy. PC is part of it but if your an AD at a college you can't be a stupid drunken idiot even if you just have one bad night.

When a guy asks for your number you would think a women not interested would not give it out. Did they think he would have them fired if they didn.t give him their contact but the same arguement could be made for him wanting to take it to the next level. Norwood acted badly but to me only if they felt they or their job was threatened by Norwood is their a case for dismal providing these were the only incidents. Treatment for his problems and another chance ten years ago. Today your gone as it is the only way to manage a media, social network feeding freenzy. PC is part of it but if your an AD at a college you can't be a stupid drunken idiot even if you just have one bad night.

Um. She gave him her number so she could send him contact info for her friend she wanted to set him up with ...

4aNuGLI.jpg

Um. She gave him her number so she could send him contact info for her friend she wanted to set him up with ...
Missed that, you are correct. There were two women same story there? Really doesn't matter he's history. I would hope that a few harassing texts which could be blocked don't pave the way for a lawsuit however. Enough punishment to fit the crime or work place regulations I suppose..

nothing would have happened since Norwood didnt have the Sex contract with him so both parties could sign and shoot a selfie

Sounds like these women enjoyed the flirting, but were then appalled when he took it to the next level. They didn't need to give out their numbers and they could've just blocked him instead of responding/encouraging Norwood.

This the exact political correct bs that Trump was talking about in the debate last night.

Minnesota is the home of skinny dipping. He went the Grunseth route. I like it.

Rediculous.

You are a caricature of a misogynist male pig.

Keep reinforcing that stereotype.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Why did I have to click on this link and look at the picture. #Gross Tent Pants. Thank god this AD is gone, and thank you Gopher Lady for helping me lose my lunch appetite.

Is it just me, or does it not seem like the relationship between Teague and whomever the other person(s) are was already pretty flirtatious in nature between the two and that there had to be some reciprocal back and forth "bed talk" going on between them and not just coming unsolicited from Teague exclusively? If so, and it was in fact reciprocal flirting and bed talk going on between them outside of captured text messages, then it seems like a crappy situation for Teague that he gets the boot in all of it. Perhaps that is why there was apparently talk going on around his camp that he should "fight" the harassment accusations in the matter, but in the end just decided to sacrifice himself for the good of the U of M and not dragging the situation out. Just my two cents if I am reading those quotes correctly.

It's just you. HE'S THE BOSS! He did what any executive should do, resign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's just you. HE'S THE BOSS! He did what any executive should do, resign.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Correct. You man up and resign at that level. And you hope the furor dies done, rehab goes well and you get another job somewhere else where this story isn't fresh in anyone's mind. Its the end of Div 1 for Norwood though. I can't see many big time schools giving a second chance.

I thought this was hilarious at the time but I'm guessing it is taking on a slightly different meaning for Kaler.
image.jpg

Talk about an over-reaction!

My reaction would be likely if this would have happened 30 years ago...I think the U is further along than that. A more likely scenario is that women's track just got $15 mil out of the donated money so they can have a facility that does absolutely nothing for the U except make the angry women folk happy (for now).

You would have thought that he would have been reprimanded and forced to take sensitivity classes and apologize to the victims' satisfaction instead of getting fired or asked to resign. Stuff like this happens at the U all the time. There are always cases of harassment based on sex, race, etc at the U at any given time and that is how things are settled. Someone is reprimanded or transferred and the victims get reparations (promotion and or transfer) and an apology and things are settled.

Professors would be covered under the faculty association. Most also make 80-100 K. However, if a prof texted something similar to two TAs or support staff they would be gone pretty quickly.

Teague would be in the executive, make close to 500 000 and have no recourse.

One thing though. He was their boss.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet - but the Teague story is on the Bing bar now.

Top Bottom