Northwestern Players Want a Union

Gawd, you're a miserable prick.

It would seem that this unregistered user's comment is the only miserably prickish thing to surface in this entire thread. Therefore: this miserably prickish comment submitted by this unregistered user is TOTALLY a feeble attempt by this unregistered user to hijack this thread. That is a horrible sin unregistered user...just a HORRIBLE sin.

It would seem that this unregistered user's comment is the only miserably prickish thing to surface in this entire thread. Therefore: this miserably prickish comment submitted by this unregistered user is TOTALLY a feeble attempt by this unregistered user to hijack this thread. That is a horrible sin unregistered user...just a HORRIBLE sin.

It appears that wren has accused unregistered user of "a feeble attempt...to hijack this threads." Since wren has hijacked more threads than anybody I have to assume that it must have been "a feeble attempt".

I am betting that Congress steps in and makes the college athlete an exemption to the several laws governing employment, which would ensure the status quo.

My take,

Personally, selfishly perhaps, I'm worried about what this will do to college football. I don't think it will stop until the players are paid or win the right to be paid. Among the potential casualties:

- title IX benefits to female athletes
- non-revenue sports viability
- small schools survival
- scholarship limits / competitive balance
- helmet schools extending / expanding their advantages

Some of this will depend on how the schools, conferences, and NCAA respond.

I don't agree with others who think the value of the game is based on the players. It is based on the schools, their geography, alumni ties, tradition, community support, etc. A U23 minor league would be a dud everywhere outside of the SEC footprint.

I also strongly disagree with the sentiment that coaches in general are overpaid. It may be true that Kirk Ferentz is overpaid relative to JK because Iowa pays $500,000 per win while we pay $200,000. However it can't be true that coaches are overpaid in general unless you live on Lake Woebegon. The contention that other capable individuals would be willing to do the job for less isn't sufficient on its face to say that they are overpaid. I'd do President Obama's job for $200,000 a year. Does that mean he's overpaid?

Finally, where I yield to 0723. If players are being treated unfairly under the law, it must be addressed regardless of the impact to the game. I may not like the result, but that's not a reason to deny them their rights. It's hard not to think of Brandon Owens here. Ideally, he would have been entitled to a significant insurance payout for his awful injury. If the change that's coming helps address thing like this then it will have done some good.

Most big institutions are corrupt. Not all unions are corrupt, neither are all businesses.

Corruption comes from money and power, which buy influence. To limit or mitigate corruption you need oversight and a check on power. No one oversees the NCAA and no one challenges their power structure. I don't know how you can credibly argue a start up union would be instantaneously corrupt. If anything, a union would be an effective check on the NCAA. The only challenge is to make sure the union doesn't become what the NCAA is.

Unions aren't a problem. Big business isn't a problem. Politicians aren't a problem. The problem is corruption of people through money and power: greed.

If we're going to generalize, we need to know where to place the blame properly.

Post of the year.

Thanks. I needed it pointed out that powerful institutions go down swinging in order to maintain their position.

As they should. Do you fault an entity for trying to protect its interest? Whether you believe the players would benefit from a union or not, it would be naïve to believe the big money in college football will lay down and take it.

I didn't read his questions or even his post. I'd rather just question whether another thread was truly necessary?

I agree Dean S: there may be no easy answers. It is going to be played out in the courts...not on the courts of the Barn or on the ice at Mariucci or on the playing field in TCF Bank Stadium. It will be about the damage that concussions have done to Golden Gopher Players. From twenty five years ago...from yesterday and from tomorrow. As more comes to light...as more is explained in medical terms. There will be more liability: both in terms of financial obligation AND moral obligation. It won't be just at the U of M...it will be at every major college football program, every state school that fields and has fielded a football program.

The NFL is trying to get out in front of it with a billion dollar fund. What is the University of Minnesota doing? What is the B1G doing?

Can the University of Minnesota afford to join in the facilities arms race still again. Where are the B1G championships without the new facilities? Will new facilities insure any B1G championships in the future?

And coaching salaries continue to increase at an impossible rate of inflation. Contracts are extended for very little apparent reason and then are bought out. There is no rhyme or reason.

It would appear that many are upset with the fact that a group of college football players want to have a voice in all this uncertainty and crazy financial wheeling and dealing that administrators at the nation's major college athletic programs partake in. Some fans love the status quo so much, they give no thought to the well-being of the most powerless of the participants in the college revenue sports soap opera.

After all the stadiums...practice facilities...luxury suites and boxes have been built, when it is all said and done, will there be anything left to help the now much older former student athletes with the disabilities and damages cause by the concussions suffered on the playing fields and practice fields during their playing days?

The NFL has set up that billion dollar fund...what has the B1G and even more specifically the University of Minnesota done to insure that the moral obligation they have to stand by the young men who played the games the conference sold to provide the huge checks given to each conference school as their proceeds from the games will be provided? Once the games have been won or lost...the bets have been placed and then won or lost...the agents have negotiated big raises for the head coaches, and then great settlements and buyouts when the coaches are fired...the donors have been hit up for contributions and the athletic director gets his bonus: will there be anything left to help those unfortunate former student athletes who were left dealing with the effects of their injuries suffered on the practice fields and Game Day Saturday playing fields?

Perhaps there will be some help

Perhaps there will be NOTHING left of all those millions given to the University during that time to assist those who need assistance because they were the players who were injured playing the games and trying to do what the coaches directed them to do.

And: so it goes...

I didn't read his questions or even his post. I'd rather just question whether another thread was truly necessary?

Of course this post is necessary. The University of Minnesota had BETTER be paying some attention to a problem that IS going to hit them very directly during the next decade. What will they do to assist their student athletes in the revenue sports that are also the "contact" sports in which players are most frequently injured. ESPECIALLY with concussive injuries.

Maybe YOU don't think it will be a problem, but the U of M had best be taking some bold steps to be prepared for what will surely HIT THEM HARD where it will hurt them the most: right smack dab in the middle of their all their liabilities...financial AND moral.

I just watched ESPN and they had a segment on this with Bob Ley and Outside the Lines. Colter is well spoken. He's more than a puppet.
My first reaction when I heard of the news from the NLRB was of disappointment. I'm not a big fan of unions, but I also think that it may be time for a shakeup.
I agree that college football may never be the same, but as OTL stated, Curt Flood changed MLB, and by most accounts, it was for the good.
We're about to play Rutgers and Maryland in Big 10 conference play. Ick. I know that is a separate entity, but it's all intertwined. It's already big business. This is going to be interesting.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Just listened to Dr. Mark Emmert (NCAA president) on Face the Nation. The Northwestern players have forced many issues regarding player welfare to the forefront - injuries, total practice time, stipends, etc. The NCAA is now being forced to acknowledge and address these problems ... and they will be addressed because of the efforts of Colter et al.

Will there be a Teamsters (or some other union) division representing the players. That isn't going to happen. The NCAA will restructure the current big-time athletics environment in such a way that the union movement will go away. The players will have accomplished what they wanted.

Just remember ....The pioneers get the arrows. The settlers get the land.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Just listened to Dr. Mark Emmert (NCAA president) on Face the Nation. The Northwestern players have forced many issues regarding player welfare to the forefront - injuries, total practice time, stipends, etc. The NCAA is now being forced to acknowledge and address these problems ... and they will be addressed because of the efforts of Colter et al.

Will there be a Teamsters (or some other union) division representing the players. That isn't going to happen. The NCAA will restructure the current big-time athletics environment in such a way that the union movement will go away. The players will have accomplished what they wanted.

Just remember ....The pioneers get the arrows. The settlers get the land.

I'll have to remember that one. Anyway, I've been thinking about Colter in the same vein as Curt Flood.

And Emmert's comments pretty much make comments what some of made on here appear legitimate. The NCAA could have gotten ahead of this and chose not to.

50 pound - I gotta ask you about your moniker. Were you a fan of the old AWA wrestler Dave Schultz? He was one of my favorites back in the day. He did awesome interviews with ol' Mean Gene Okerlund. In one that I remember well, he was ranting on Hulk Hogan, stating - "he's got a 50 pound head, a size 18 shoe...the boy ain't normal!" Golden! If I remember right, he finished the interview by exclaiming, "I want woman!". My gosh we had fun watching the AWA back in the dorms at St. Johns. This was before the modern era where the characters were like cartoon characters and truly humorous to watch.

50 pound - I gotta ask you about your moniker. Were you a fan of the old AWA wrestler Dave Schultz? He was one of my favorites back in the day. He did awesome interviews with ol' Mean Gene Okerlund. In one that I remember well, he was ranting on Hulk Hogan, stating - "he's got a 50 pound head, a size 18 shoe...the boy ain't normal!" Golden! If I remember right, he finished the interview by exclaiming, "I want woman!". My gosh we had fun watching the AWA back in the dorms at St. Johns. This was before the modern era where the characters were like cartoon characters and truly humorous to watch.

I never knew that. My moniker was given to me in a disparaging way by my wife when we were watching television. I have this velcro mind that captures all kinds of worthless information and I was spouting off a series of worthless bits and she turned to me and said "Wow! You must have a fifty pound head
to keep track of all that crap."

Dave Schultz was pretty great though.

One thing most people don't understand with the union meddling in college sports is the student-athlete issue. My question: Will colleges be able to discipline players who don't make the grade (school wise), break team rules, or are just thugs? Right now schools can do that. Has anyone ever tried to get rid of a lazy or non-performing Union member? It's next to impossible. So, our schools will suddenly have to tolerate thugs and academic failure because they're "employees".

As has been stated earlier, perhaps this will bring about change from the NCAA and schools in their dealing with student-athletes. But God help us if the unions get a foot-hold.

THis is just stupid.. In the end we will be left with maybe 15 college football teams in division 1 for all the schools that will drop there sports programs. The tax payers will not be paying a 3rd string TE 20,000 a year.. There for lots of low income parents will not be able to pay for there education who never have a shot at a free education.. NO COLLEGE is going to keep a program that can't not make it finically..

If the football and basketball teams stop supporting the baseball, golf, track, cross country, softball...... every single program will be dropped. All of these high school athletes with dreams of playing college sports. Yes title 9 will be part of this..

What is there maybe on each college football team out of 85 free scholarships 5-8 guys that will make the pros. 200,000 + each year is pretty damn nice.

I would never go to another college football game again.. I guess we can't call it college I mean minor league game again. I will just be pro supporter which I fine.. Once this happens they need to support themselves then so build your own stadium by by by donors..

In the end I feel there will be 2 different leagues... northwestern who pay players with a few schools and then there will be the NCAA with Minnesota and many many more schools who when u want a scholarship have to sign on your LOI that u are waving your write to be paid but will get a free education.

One thing most people don't understand with the union meddling in college sports is the student-athlete issue. My question: Will colleges be able to discipline players who don't make the grade (school wise), break team rules, or are just thugs? Right now schools can do that. Has anyone ever tried to get rid of a lazy or non-performing Union member? It's next to impossible. So, our schools will suddenly have to tolerate thugs and academic failure because they're "employees".

As has been stated earlier, perhaps this will bring about change from the NCAA and schools in their dealing with student-athletes. But God help us if the unions get a foot-hold.

So you are Jason Lewis. I knew it.

In the end I feel there will be 2 different leagues... northwestern who pay players with a few schools and then there will be the NCAA with Minnesota and many many more schools who when u want a scholarship have to sign on your LOI that u are waving your write to be paid but will get a free education.[/QUOTE]

left with 2 choices - get paid or don't get paid. high schoolers will choose to get paid.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...s_aren_t_unionizing_for_pay-for-play.html?c=r

This article claims that players aren't demanding to be paid, but people are understandably suspicious that once these demands are met, that paying players will be the next demand. Some of the player demands are quite reasonable, others are more problematic. If it got paying players off the table - for good - I'd be willing to agree to at least some of them, if not all.

1. Minimize college athletes' brain trauma risks.

Despite record revenues, the NCAA and conferences have done little to reduce the risks of brain trauma among college athletes. The NCPA Players Council developed the Concussion Awareness and Reduction Emergency (CARE) Plan, which should be adopted immediately. The CARE Plan includes, reduced contact during practices, independent concussion experts on sidelines during games, and using a portion of new football playoff revenues for research and support for current and former players.

7. Establish and enforce uniform safety guidelines in all sports to help prevent serious injuries and avoidable deaths.

Several deaths in the college football off-season have highlighted the need for year round safety requirements that provide an adequate level of protections for college athletes from all sports. College athletes and athletic staff should be given the means to anonymously report breaches in such safety requirements.

I don't have a problem with this. If uniform rules on such things as contact in practice would reduce brain injuries, it seems like a good thing. No single school wants to put itself at a disadvantage, but there is no disadvantage if all schools follow the same rules.It seemed appropriate to move #7 up here as they are related.

2. Raise the scholarship amount.

The NCAA admits that a "full scholarship" does not cover the basic necessities for a college athlete, but it refuses to change its rules to allow schools to provide more scholarship money. The NCPA's plan is to use a relatively small percentage of new TV revenues to assist universities in providing scholarships that equal each college's cost of attendance.

I'm OK with this, I'd be willing to go as far as a stipend.

3. Prevent players from being stuck paying sports-related medical expenses.

The NCAA does not require schools to cover sports-related injuries - it's optional. College athletes injured during sports-related workouts should not have to pay for medical expenses out of their own pockets.

Sounds fair.

4. Increase graduation rates.

The ultimate goal for a college athlete is not a scholarship, it's a degree. Federal graduation rates for Division I football and men's basketball players hover around 50%. The NCAA and its member colleges should invest a portion of new TV revenue into continuing education to improve graduation rates. In addition, the NCAA should work to reduce games that take place during the week. Although weekday games are in the interest of the TV networks, they hurt college athletes academically.

I'm all for improving graduation rates. How about scholarships being for five years? If you play as a freshman, you get an extra year of scholarship. Or go back to banning freshmen from playing. Make everyone redshirt for a year so that freshmen can get a head start on their education. You could still allow for medical redshirts in addition to a freshman redshirt. But all those extra scholarships have to be paid for somewhere, and eliminating weekday games would reduce revenues. Just how much of an effect do weekday games really have? Then there are the players who really don't care about education. You can't accommodate both improved graduation rates and cater to those who are only there to play sports. I choose to favor those who want an education, the mission of the school is education, after all.

5. Protect educational opportunities for student-athletes in good standing.

If a coach eliminates the scholarship of a student-athlete that abides by academic, athletic, and conduct requirements, the athletic program should replace it with a non-athletic scholarship to allow the student-athletes to continue his/her education.

6. Prohibit universities from using a permanent injury suffered during athletics as a reason to reduce/eliminate a scholarship.

Such actions reduce the chance for such college athletes to graduate. College athletes put their bodies and lives on the line in their pursuit of higher education and the success of their university's athletic program. It is immoral to allow a university to reduce or refuse to renew a college athlete's scholarship after sustaining an injury while playing for the university.

10. Guarantee that college athletes are granted an athletic release from their university if they wish to transfer schools.

Schools should not have the power to refuse to release college athletes that choose to transfer. Under NCAA rules, players that transfer without a release not only have to sit out a year, they cannot receive an athletic scholarship for a year. This contradicts the educational mission and principle of sportsmanship that the NCAA is supposed to uphold.

11. Allow college athletes of all sports the ability to transfer schools one time without punishment.

College athletes that participate in football, basketball, baseball, and ice hockey should not be denied the one-time no-penalty transfer option that is afforded to college athletes of other sports. Such a policy is coercive and discriminatory. All college athletes should have this freedom to ensure that they realize their academic, social, and athletic pursuits.

Guaranteed scholarships and being able to transfer would be quite a concession for the NCAA to make. When you're a paid athlete, you don't get 4 years guaranteed: fumble on Sunday, and you can be gone on Monday. Something would be needed in return: an agreement that players aren't going to get paid, and not just until it is time to negotiate again.

8. Eliminate restrictions on legitimate employment and players ability to directly benefit from commercial opportunities.

College athletes should have the same rights to secure employment and generate commercial revenue as other students and US citizens. Such a measure could be designed to increase graduation rates and allow universities to retain the most talented athletes for the duration of their eligibility.

This one opens up a can of worms. The rule was intended to keep boosters from giving players a "job" of sitting by their pool. I don't know if this could be implemented without opening the door to under the table payments by boosters. Still, if it was between this and players being paid by schools, I might be able to go along with it. I assume it would allow players to sell autographs and make endorsements. It would tip the competitive scale, as attending some schools would allow some players to have more lucrative endorsements, but it would allow other schools to function. If you had to pay players, the SEC would be fine, but the MAC would be crushed. Allowing players to have endorsement deals would advantage the SEC, but the MAC could stay in business, even if the imbalance between the SEC and the MAC grew.

9. Prohibit the punishment of college athletes that have not committed a violation.

It is an injustice to punish college athletes for actions that they did not commit i.e. suspending a team's post-season eligibility for the inappropriate actions of boosters. Such punishments have significant negative impacts on the short college experience of many college athletes. Alternative forms of punishment are available and should be utilized to allow an adequate policing of the rules.

I think this would only encourage school officials to maintain plausible deniability. Just be determined not to find out what's going on and the school can say "Not our fault!" The idea of institutions only being accountable for positives, but not for negatives is rather peculiar. When I put my money in the bank, I expect to be able to get it out, even if the people who worked at the bank when I deposited my money longer work there.But if there were less rules to break, there would be less need to punish any individuals or institutions.

Before Zach Bohannon of the Wisconsin Badgers suits up for the Final Four tomorrow, he knows arena security will be checking the label on his bottled water.

The graduate student working toward a master’s in business administration knew that the Nestle Pure Life water he took from his hotel to practice conflicted with the National Collegiate Athletic Association’s official sponsor, Coca-Cola Co. (KO)’s Dasani. He still brought it to warmups before last week’s regional semifinal, and security ordered him to remove the label.

While the 6-foot-6 forward removed one label, he attached another -- “ridiculous” -- to an NCAA system in which one shot by a 19-year-old University of Kentucky freshman who isn’t paid and who can’t benefit from his athletic notoriety can result in almost three-quarters of a million dollars in bonus money for his coaches.

http://bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-04/calipari-gets-500-000-as-ncaa-student-must-change-water.html

Before Zach Bohannon of the Wisconsin Badgers suits up for the Final Four tomorrow, he knows arena security will be checking the label on his bottled water.

The graduate student working toward a master’s in business administration knew that the Nestle Pure Life water he took from his hotel to practice conflicted with the National Collegiate Athletic Association’s official sponsor, Coca-Cola Co. (KO)’s Dasani. He still brought it to warmups before last week’s regional semifinal, and security ordered him to remove the label.

While the 6-foot-6 forward removed one label, he attached another -- “ridiculous” -- to an NCAA system in which one shot by a 19-year-old University of Kentucky freshman who isn’t paid and who can’t benefit from his athletic notoriety can result in almost three-quarters of a million dollars in bonus money for his coaches.

http://bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-04/calipari-gets-500-000-as-ncaa-student-must-change-water.html

How dumb. Where does the money from the NCAA tournament come from? Advertising. And if you don't meet the needs of the advertisers, you'll have even less money to spread around. So if the players are looking for a piece of the pie, they best get used to doing whatever the advertisers tell them to do, which included drinking the right labeled water. Some people just don't understand how it all works.

How dumb. Where does the money from the NCAA tournament come from? Advertising. And if you don't meet the needs of the advertisers, you'll have even less money to spread around. So if the players are looking for a piece of the pie, they best get used to doing whatever the advertisers tell them to do, which included drinking the right labeled water. Some people just don't understand how it all works.

The NCAA created its own "student-athlete" defense in order to avoid paying worker's compensation. The NCAA grew over the decades, as did their expansion of "student-athlete." The NCAA uses free labor from its "athletes" and the branding of its universities to sell the public an athletic product. The NCAA pays virtually nothing, and allows the athletes to make nothing by virtually any possible means, while raking in big dollars on television contracts and advertising for itself. The NCAA economic model is solely derived from free labor.

In a few sentences, that's how it works. Time to end that disgrace.

Free labor? As in...slavery?

Scholarship, room, board, professional contacts, vast public exposure leading to a name "brand" and employment opportunities.

Look, I think the coaching salaries and "facilities" thing have gotten absurd and more than a little seedy overall. I wish there were a way to force x percent of the tv revenue towards profit sharing amongst schools to fund scholarships, etc slow down the schism that's developing between the haves and have nots. Keep it about education and the public good. Call me a dreamer.

But you're talking about killing the golden goose. Keep college athletics amateur or a large percentage of us will look at it as a second-rate pro league.

The NCAA created its own "student-athlete" defense in order to avoid paying worker's compensation. The NCAA grew over the decades, as did their expansion of "student-athlete." The NCAA uses free labor from its "athletes" and the branding of its universities to sell the public an athletic product. The NCAA pays virtually nothing, and allows the athletes to make nothing by virtually any possible means, while raking in big dollars on television contracts and advertising for itself. The NCAA economic model is solely derived from free labor.

In a few sentences, that's how it works. Time to end that disgrace.

Now you are just making crap up. The NCAA did not create anything. They came around after the system was already in place. Amateur athletics at the collegiate level pre-existed the NCAA by a long time. I still think the notion of a football player being an employee will get reversed once it hits the court system (the NLRB is hardly a fair organization), but that's for the courts to decide. You responded to my post but ignored the message. Advertising dollars is what drives the NCAA and if the players want to share in that, they will need to go along.

Scholarship, room, board, professional contacts, vast public exposure leading to a name "brand" and employment opportunities.

Look, I think the coaching salaries and "facilities" thing have gotten absurd and more than a little seedy overall. I wish there were a way to force x percent of the tv revenue towards profit sharing amongst schools to fund scholarships, etc slow down the schism that's developing between the haves and have nots. Keep it about education and the public good. Call me a dreamer.

But you're talking about killing the golden goose. Keep college athletics amateur or a large percentage of us will look at it as a second-rate pro league.

Again, you're conflating things. The NCAA does not pay for scholarships, but the universities do. The NCAA enforces these rules, which they made out of thin air for their own benefit not for the benefit of the athletes or the game itself. The NCAA is much worse than the universities, but the universities are still very much at fault.

Now you are just making crap up. The NCAA did not create anything. They came around after the system was already in place. Amateur athletics at the collegiate level pre-existed the NCAA by a long time. I still think the notion of a football player being an employee will get reversed once it hits the court system (the NLRB is hardly a fair organization), but that's for the courts to decide. You responded to my post but ignored the message. Advertising dollars is what drives the NCAA and if the players want to share in that, they will need to go along.

Empirical evidence exists that documents the false pretenses under which the "student-athlete" defense was created and used. It was created to protect the NCAA from incurring medical costs, worker's compensation costs, and others. The NCAA made up the "student-athlete" moniker to prey on people's minds (like yours) to convince the public that the NCAA is altruistic and looking out for the best interests of everyone. It's a fiction that has existed for 60 years. Thankfully, people are becoming educated and the courts do not recognize the "student-athlete" defense because it's not a defense to anything. It's a PR ploy that you and others have bought. Now that it's ingrained people cannot tolerate change or stand their ox being gored, so they're against any kind of meaningful reform even though they know at heart the system is wrong.

I am making nothing up. You just don't want to believe the truth. The "student-athlete" defense was absolutely created by the NCAA in the 1950's. This has been documented many times. I would be glad to provide you with multiple links to multiple stories documenting this if you don't believe me. I doubt it will change your mind at all, as I suspect nothing will. But the truth exists, you simply have to examine it and accept it.

Empirical evidence exists that documents the false pretenses under which the "student-athlete" defense was created and used. It was created to protect the NCAA from incurring medical costs, worker's compensation costs, and others. The NCAA made up the "student-athlete" moniker to prey on people's minds (like yours) to convince the public that the NCAA is altruistic and looking out for the best interests of everyone. It's a fiction that has existed for 60 years. Thankfully, people are becoming educated and the courts do not recognize the "student-athlete" defense because it's not a defense to anything. It's a PR ploy that you and others have bought. Now that it's ingrained people cannot tolerate change or stand their ox being gored, so they're against any kind of meaningful reform even though they know at heart the system is wrong.

I am making nothing up. You just don't want to believe the truth. The "student-athlete" defense was absolutely created by the NCAA in the 1950's. This has been documented many times. I would be glad to provide you with multiple links to multiple stories documenting this if you don't believe me. I doubt it will change your mind at all, as I suspect nothing will. But the truth exists, you simply have to examine it and accept it.

I accept the NCAA created the term Student-Athlete. But not for themselves, but as a defense for their members, since they, not the NCAA, would be the ones liable for the WC costs.

Let's not forget, the management bargaining unit would not be the NCAA, but each school. Much like the UAW negotiates with GM & Ford separately, not together. Also, until people figure out the law with public institutions, it will be a minority of players that can even vote to unionize.

Count me in as well with being a dreamer.

I dread the day when I first see student-athletes having a handshake or gesture to symbolize union solidarity. At that point, I take my discretionary fund dollars elsewhere. I'm an alumnus and 10-year season ticket holder.

Top Bottom