Non Gophers in the Portal

In hindsight, Toon should've laid there faking an injury. Yeah I know, that's dirty as hell. Probably wouldn't have gotten to be on the field for the final play, but they would've had a final play.

Living in Wisconsin, it's usually all Packers this time of year. But with Wisconsin just posted and soon hiring an OC position and the transfer portal, Badger talk hasn't stopped.

The basis for this rumor seems to be that Wisconsin is looking to hire Bobby Engram, currently TE coach with the Baltimore Ravens, as their OC. Engram was on Chrysts staff at Pitt. His son, Dean, is on the Badgers roster. Dean played high school ball with Caleb Williams. Williams still not signing with a blue blood has everyone here starting to believe it will come true.

*insert weed smoking gif here*
What about Bostad?

Signed to be Chryst's first OC at Pitt, but then backed out for some reason to be an OL coach in the NFL.

At the least, I assume he'll slide over to be the OL coach.

Last edited:

What about Bostad?

Signed to be Chryst's first OC at Pitt, but then backed out for some reason to be an OL coach in the NFL.
Reading buckyville, it sounds like he's all but guaranteed to take the OL coaching job. This was a position he held previously at UW and in the NFL. However, when I looked it up, he coaches LB's. That seems to be the position that has performed the best for years at UW. Maybe they dont want to take a hit there. Who knows. But back to the whole Caleb Williams thing...why would he want to go to such an unsettled situation? Maybe some Badger posters here have more insight though.

Yeah. They were really good and if they weren’t wisconsin they probably figure out a way to win a national title with that team.
JJ Watt ALMOST returned to school for his SR year too.

Can you imagine that team with JJ Watt?

Clearly then, Bostad is content being a position coach. Not saying he was offered the OC job and turned it down, but that did (essentially) happen when Chryst left for Pitt.

Living in Wisconsin, it's usually all Packers this time of year. But with Wisconsin just posted and soon hiring an OC position and the transfer portal, Badger talk hasn't stopped.

The basis for this rumor seems to be that Wisconsin is looking to hire Bobby Engram, currently TE coach with the Baltimore Ravens, as their OC. Engram was on Chrysts staff at Pitt. His son, Dean, is on the Badgers roster. Dean played high school ball with Caleb Williams. Williams still not signing with a blue blood has everyone here starting to believe it will come true.

*insert weed smoking gif here*
Until the Madison weed dealers are reporting it, this is all just a bunch of he said she said.

Colorado picks up OL transfer from Alabama.

Thirteen out of sixteen Gophers wh entered the Transfer Portal have found a home.

The three remaining are Ty Barron
Micahel Lantz
Saia Mapkaitolo

I'll never understand going to play for Nebraska. It's not the 80's, 90's, or 00's anymore. Unless they're throwing around tons of NIL money it makes no sense. I've lived in Omaha and worked a ton in Lincoln. The minimal positives of the place don't even come close to outweighing the negatives. And I haven't even started talking about the football teams.

Would someone please tell me what the allure is to Nebraska for these kids? Just don't get it.
I'm asking this seriously... But take a look at these 2 Minnesota kids... What other power 5 offers did they have... If ya wanna play at the highest level I'd assume ya jump on an offer if it presents itself..

Which makes sense, as it seems outlandish. These are Wisconsin sites when I googled it, but apparently (supposedly) both the Oklahoma 247 reporter and Wisconsin 247 reporter confirmed mutual interest. I dont pay for 247 so I dont know what the message boards are saying to that point. What also makes no sense is I thought this kid wanted millions in NIL money? He isn't getting that at UW or in Wisconsin.

Seems to be picking up steam. Good luck being turning into poor man’s Scott Tolzien Celeb

Seems to be picking up steam. Good luck being turning into poor man’s Scott Tolzien Celeb
Here's another one. If this happens I'm just going to check out because I can't take it anymore. Why would you walk away from Lincoln Reilly, who's coached two QBs to be #1 picks within the last 4 years? Does Caleb also not like sunny SoCal days with gorgeous co-eds at a historic program?

Here's another one. If this happens I'm just going to check out because I can't take it anymore. Why would you walk away from Lincoln Reilly, who's coached two QBs to be #1 picks within the last 4 years? Does Caleb also not like sunny SoCal days with gorgeous co-eds at a historic program?

He is into dairy fed women

Through the bit I read at Buckyville and through a UW fan I know with 247, he stated it is confirmed that Caleb has met with UW coaches. It also sounds like Russell Wilson talked with Williams about how Paul Chryst and Wisconsin’s pro style offense prepared him for the NFL and made him a top tier starter sooner. For what it's worth, I haven't seen anything from an actual "large news network" reporting this, like ESPN, CBS, etc. Not sure if that matters. In regards to Russell Wilson, when he came to UW, here is who was on the roster with him.

Nick Toon
Melvin Gordon
Jared Abbrederis
James White
Montee Ball
Bradie Ewing
Derek Watt
Chris Borland
Beau Allen
All NFL players

His offensive line options. Everyone of these guys played in the NFL as well.
Ricky Wagner
Tyler Marz
Peter Konz
Josh Ogelsby
Kevin Zeitler
Travis Frederick
Rob Havenstein
Ryan Groy

That ain't the Badgers in 2022. Good luck Caleb.

I'm asking this seriously... But take a look at these 2 Minnesota kids... What other power 5 offers did they have... If ya wanna play at the highest level I'd assume ya jump on an offer if it presents itself..
Brown per 247 was offered by Indiana out of HS

Through the bit I read at Buckyville and through a UW fan I know with 247, he stated it is confirmed that Caleb has met with UW coaches. It also sounds like Russell Wilson talked with Williams about how Paul Chryst and Wisconsin’s pro style offense prepared him for the NFL and made him a top tier starter sooner. For what it's worth, I haven't seen anything from an actual "large news network" reporting this, like ESPN, CBS, etc. Not sure if that matters. In regards to Russell Wilson, when he came to UW, here is who was on the roster with him.

Nick Toon
Melvin Gordon
Jared Abbrederis
James White
Montee Ball
Bradie Ewing
Derek Watt
Chris Borland
Beau Allen
All NFL players

His offensive line options. Everyone of these guys played in the NFL as well.
Ricky Wagner
Tyler Marz
Peter Konz
Josh Ogelsby
Kevin Zeitler
Travis Frederick
Rob Havenstein
Ryan Groy

That ain't the Badgers in 2022. Good luck Caleb.
Lots of playmakers. 😳😳😳

To the Gopher Hole sports fans -

I haven't been keeping up with football recruiting or the transfer portal for the last 6 years because GSU insisted on using the losing GUN OPTION and with the coaches we had it wouldn't matter what players we recruited or picked up!

If you hear of any transfers to Georgia Southern would you, please post me a PM or board letter and the page on this thread where I can find it!! I would be very Grateful. Yes, for the past 6 years I have not been my old self and a piss poor GSU supporter. It's a nw beginning for Southern and I need to be my old self and go back on the offensive, on other boards- not yours,

If Caleb Williams goes to Wisconsin were in trouble. I dont know who they will have returning on defense but Caleb & that RB with a decent line will be nasty. I hope he is just using UW as leverage against USC to get a sweeter deal.

I wouldn't necessarily say "we're in trouble." Sure, it makes things interesting, but you're forgetting we have Rossi and Williams didn't play against very many quality defenses in the Big 12. Also, not sold that he has an amazing supporting cast with what Wisconsin has coming back.

I wouldn't necessarily say "we're in trouble." Sure, it makes things interesting, but you're forgetting we have Rossi and Williams didn't play against very many quality defenses in the Big 12. Also, not sold that he has an amazing supporting cast with what Wisconsin has coming back.
You're right, they do not have any good receivers. I think William's athleticism would be enough to move the needle. An effective scrambling QB paired with a stud RB will fluster any defense.

If Caleb Williams goes to Wisconsin were in trouble. I dont know who they will have returning on defense but Caleb & that RB with a decent line will be nasty. I hope he is just using UW as leverage against USC to get a sweeter deal.
I understand what you're saying here, but technically the school itself does not and cannot make or facilitate any NIL deals/offers.

So I think it would be more like that he's using UW as leverage to get USC boosters and/or LA companies to put more on the table to get him to come to SC. That is fair enough.

I understand what you're saying here, but technically the school itself does not and cannot make or facilitate any NIL deals/offers.

So I think it would be more like that he's using UW as leverage to get USC boosters and/or LA companies to put more on the table to get him to come to SC. That is fair enough.
I wonder whether WI has lined up meaningful NIL money for Williams. If not, and USC already has, this is a very weird deal. Unless WI has promised Williams the starting spot through thick and thin, and Lincoln Riley hasn’t made the same promise …

Wisconsin makes no sense for Williams. This story from 247 references his desire to be prepped for the NFL multiple times. If he was an offensive lineman Wisconsin would be a slam dunk in that case.

The list of Badger QBs staring in the NFL however......yeah not so much. They get credit for Russell Wilson I guess but he was there for one year and it wasn't like he was a bad QB during his time at NC State.

Gotta believe he ends up somewhere that they throw the ball a lot. If prepping to be a QB in the NFL is his number one goal, Wisconsin just doesn't make sense.

Top Bottom