No charges from Hennepin County

There is no statutory rape and if there was, it would be her.

That's who I was referring to. There is no consent in statutory. Although we all know it won't be charged.

The code of conduct cannot violate the Constitution, other than that, I think we all agree with you.

As far as the burden discussion, the standard for bringing charges is probable cause. It is extremely common (status quo) to bring charges before you have evidence that could prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt. In situations like this, it is how you get people to talk. You arrest them (probable cause) and you file charges (probable cause) and you get people to start talking. I know some people on here are saying things like "the standard is so much higher in criminal cases", that's true. . . to convict. It's simply MUCH lower to arrest and file charges. Neither happened here.

I am going to disagree again here Bob, but my example won't be about this particular case. If Player X suddenly calls a press conference and says "Our coach is an idiot" it wouldn't be surprising if he were suspended even though the Constitution provides for freedom of speech. I agree that a code of conduct cannot supersede the 14th amendment which assures civil rights (which is a reasonable claim by the suspended players in the Minnesota case).

Unfortunately there is still the matter of the involvement of an underage recruit. Don't know how that is going to come out in the wash.

Does the mean the "lady" can charged with rape?

From a page one post. Did not see further discussion first. Lock her up! LOL!

That's who I was referring to. There is no consent in statutory. Although we all know it won't be charged.

I suggest you look into Minnesota statute regarding the age of consent.

because they violated the university's code of contact and made the university the laughingstock of the nation

They may have done the former. The University leadership is responsible for the latter.

They may have done the former. The University leadership is responsible for the latter.

Bulldog....no it was the boycott that brought the nations attention to Minnesota when the players successfully made the front pages of CNN (not the sports section either) and ESPN and who knows where else....which made many, many, many more people read the police report and the EOAA report. While Bob Loblaw and Sparlimb might think that is a great thing showing how much fun she had and that she oughta be charged....most folks found the behavior of the players as revealed through the reports and their tweets absolutely repulsive. While Kaler, Coyle and Claeys showed an incredible lack of leadership and control, it was the players and their teammates who brought the embarrassment to the U.

Does the mean the "lady" can charged with rape?

From a page one post. Did not see further discussion first. Lock her up! LOL!

I'm not talking about the women here. I'm talking about Gopher players that obviously brought this underage recruit into this situation and allowed him to participate. This whole idea of statutory rape is going nowhere. This will come down to the conduct of these players. In my opinion by what we know so far is the players that participated should be off the team permanently.
Just Sayin'

Bulldog....no it was the boycott that brought the nations attention to Minnesota when the players successfully made the front pages of CNN (not the sports section either) and ESPN and who knows where else....which made many, many, many more people read the police report and the EOAA report. While Bob Loblaw and Sparlimb might think that is a great thing showing how much fun she had and that she oughta be charged....most folks found the behavior of the players as revealed through the reports and their tweets absolutely repulsive. While Kaler, Coyle and Claeys showed an incredible lack of leadership and control, it was the players and their teammates who brought the embarrassment to the U.

CoMn, but why, for the first time in history, did this team feel they needed to boycott? Answer that, and you have your culpability.

X1000. Hard to believe some very smart people still don't get it.

ESPN was covering the suspensions before the boycott. Very naive to think CNN wouldn't have as well w/o the boycott.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They got caught and they are going to pay the price for it. There is zero doubt about it.

This situation has exposed how big of pieces of sh!t certain people are. We are still waiting to find out about the players, we now know beyond a doubt that UpNorth is a steaming pile.

This situation has exposed how big of pieces of sh!t certain people are. We are still waiting to find out about the players, we now know beyond a doubt that UpNorth is a steaming pile.

Yikes! Is there an issue here with what UpNorth has said...Seems reasonable to me...Crime and punishment.

Yeah good point. Players are held to a higher standard. Just because no charges does not mean they wont get kicked of team.

If all we were talking about was getting kicked off the team this wouldn't be nearly as big a deal..we are talking expulsion and year long suspensions that will follow these guys forever. Any school they attend in the future and any job that has a background check or requires security clearance...this will show up. It is a huge deal and I would be furious if I was being railroaded by the U.

X1000. Hard to believe some very smart people still don't get it.

Perhaps some very smart people, that routinely disagree with one another, yet somehow all seem to agree now, might be seeing some things that other may not.

Or maybe they're just hard headed fanboys.

Perhaps some very smart people, that routinely disagree with one another, yet somehow all seem to agree now, might be seeing some things that other may not.

Or maybe they're just hard headed fanboys.

Some folks seem to suggest that everyone needs to agree with their view on this whole controversy. They think if they insult other posters then miraculously everyone will agree with them. Bizaare. It's ironic that some charge the EOAA as being authoritarian, but they also suggest only 1 point of view is acceptable, demonstrating the same authoritarian tendencies they claim to despise.

Reasonable people could disagree about some of these issues. But by all means, have fun and go at it. Ideally people would be civil, but that is probably too much to ask for on a message board where people hide behind keyboards.

Happy New Year!!!

No charges from the police. No charges from the DA. Only charges are from the femninazis EOAA who were only justifying their existence. And since Kaher is hiding under his desk, EOAA sent letters of suspension to 10 players, ruining their lives. You people wonder why TC has trouble recruiting. A player trying to decide between the Gophers and any other Big Ten school. Isn't coming here where the school administrators kowtow to a 10 member committee not interested in athletics.

No charges from the police. No charges from the DA. Only charges are from the femninazis EOAA who were only justifying their existence. And since Kaher is hiding under his desk, EOAA sent letters of suspension to 10 players, ruining their lives. You people wonder why TC has trouble recruiting. A player trying to decide between the Gophers and any other Big Ten school. Isn't coming here where the school administrators kowtow to a 10 member committee interested in destroying athletics.

I fixed it for you

Some folks seem to suggest that everyone needs to agree with their view on this whole controversy. They think if they insult other posters then miraculously everyone will agree with them. Bizaare. It's ironic that some charge the EOAA as being authoritarian, but they also suggest only 1 point of view is acceptable, demonstrating the same authoritarian tendencies they claim to despise.

Reasonable people could disagree about some of these issues. But by all means, have fun and go at it. Ideally people would be civil, but that is probably too much to ask for on a message board where people hide behind keyboards.

Happy New Year!!!

Yup, I'm sure you're correct. I am sure some people think only one view could be correct. Some just do not seem to understand that a proper system could have forced hack investigators into actually creating a case, built from evidence, and backed by logic. Some think the EOAA report is a case. Weird right?

Some think a story is enough. Have fun with it, I guess. Some don't seem to understand that cases can be lost by the poorly constructed investigations.

Happy New Year!!!

You don't understand how this works.

EoAA is a fascist group because it is trying to kick people out of school and call them rapists due to their certain political affiliations.

No one on this board wants UpNorth arrested for being an imbecile, we are just calling a spade a spade. It's not authoritarian AT ALL.

For you to even imply that shows that you cannot understand the issue.

Here is a hint - - It's the "kicking out of school", it's how some people wanting to regulate consensual sexual activity that is authoritarian. It's the forcing your opinions on other people that makes it authoritarian. It's not the disagreeing or thinking a person is an idiot.

Like your post, truly idiotic, but I would never try to stop you from typing it. I hope you type more. It shows how clueless your argument is.

Do you see how it's not the same now? I'm kind of guessing this was a wasted venture, but think hard on it. It's simple.

You don't understand how this works.

EoAA is a fascist group because it is trying to kick people out of school and call them rapists due to their certain political affiliations.

No one on this board wants UpNorth arrested for being an imbecile, we are just calling a spade a spade. It's not authoritarian AT ALL.

For you to even imply that shows that you cannot understand the issue.

Here is a hint - - It's the "kicking out of school", it's how some people wanting to regulate consensual sexual activity that is authoritarian. It's the forcing your opinions on other people that makes it authoritarian. It's not the disagreeing or thinking a person is an idiot.

Like your post, truly idiotic, but I would never try to stop you from typing it. I hope you type more. It shows how clueless your argument is.

Do you see how it's not the same now? I'm kind of guessing this was a wasted venture, but think hard on it. It's simple.

The belittling and condescending tone of your post is a bit much. Maybe a few people are entertained by it, I am sure most see it for what it is- mean spirited and unnecessary. Since I don't agree with you, you insult me. These kind of attacks limit discourse, and produce the echo chamber that some of you seem to desire. Apparently, there should be no disagreement with your views. People who do disagree are creeps, stupid etc. The world is just the way you say it is. No reasonable person could possibly think differently. Good luck with that

The belittling and condescending tone of your post is a bit much. Maybe a few people are entertained by it, I am sure most see it for what it is- mean spirited and unnecessary. Since I don't agree with you, you insult me. These kind of attacks limit discourse, and produce the echo chamber that some of you seem to desire. Apparently, there should be no disagreement with your views. People who do disagree are creeps, stupid etc. The world is just the way you say it is. No reasonable person could possibly think differently. Good luck with that

There is nothing to disagree with, that is the problem. Reason is not being used.

The EOAA told a story, they employed some circular logic, their crap got released, and here we are.

This is more important than your feelings being hurt, you get the difference between disagreeing with someone, even in a condescending way, and forcing your opinion and politics on someone (authoritarian)? I've called a bunch of people dumb and creepy, but I've never tried to stop them from spewing their idiocy. I actually encourage it, it makes the point crystal clear. So, I might be a jerk, but I'm not a fascist. I noticed you avoided the point, so I take it you get it now.

As far as my post being "mean-spirited". . .wow, you are a sensitive fella, didn't mean to trigger you. Your silly side of this argument has been hinting that people are pro-rape, are fighting this issue because of football and are fascists. Could there be more insulting things to say about someone? I didn't cry about it, like you've just done, but grow up. If people are going to come out with those outrageous accusations, expect a little piss and vinegar coming back at you.

How do I limit discourse? I limit it by pointing out absurd points? I limit it by pointing to idiocy when I see it? That's sort of how a debate or conversation goes.

Reasonable people could disagree with me on TONS of things. I called people who want to regulate consensual sexual activity because it I think it's creepy. You're free to want to a football team that adheres to your sexual preferences for a football team, but I don't think it's outlandish to call it creepy.

This is more important than your feelings being hurt, you get the difference between disagreeing with someone, even in a condescending way, and forcing your opinion and politics on someone (authoritarian)? I've called a bunch of people dumb and creepy, but I've never tried to stop them from spewing their idiocy. I actually encourage it, it makes the point crystal clear. So, I might be a jerk, but I'm not a fascist. I noticed you avoided the point, so I take it you get it now.

As far as my post being "mean-spirited". . .wow, you are a sensitive fella, didn't mean to trigger you. Your silly side of this argument has been hinting that people are pro-rape, are fighting this issue because of football and are fascists. Could there be more insulting things to say about someone? I didn't cry about it, like you've just done, but grow up. If people are going to come out with those outrageous accusations, expect a little piss and vinegar coming back at you.

How do I limit discourse? I limit it by pointing out absurd points? I limit it by pointing to idiocy when I see it? That's sort of how a debate or conversation goes.

Reasonable people could disagree with me on TONS of things. I called people who want to regulate consensual sexual activity because it I think it's creepy. You're free to want to a football team that adheres to your sexual preferences for a football team, but I don't think it's outlandish to call it creepy.

I never ever said anyone was pro rape. You can use all the paper tigers you want. Never said you were pro rape.

You limit discourse because people don't want to engage in discussions where they are called names and personally insulted. Making points with analysis is not limiting, calling people names is. It's not about my sensitivity. The irony is thick here, you want me to grow up, but you are the one who resorts to ad hominem attacks.

You and others have tried to set yourselfs up as the definitive authority on these issues and try to shout down and personally attack those who disagree with you. That is an authoritarian tendency. I did not use the word fascist.

These kind of personal attacks do not help you persuade anyone and are the worst manifestation of forums like these. Someone can be incorrect and not be denigrated, that is what happens in civil discourse. I am sure most people that read the previous sentence will agree.

and if I don't respond to your post it doesn't mean you're necessarily right. It might mean I don't have the time or energy to respond. I am not just arguing with you. I want people that log onto the gopherhole to see their is a diversity of opinions on our forum.

Happy New Years!!

I never ever said anyone was pro rape. You can use all the paper tigers you want. Never said you were pro rape.

You limit discourse because people don't want to engage in discussions where they are called names and personally insulted. Making points with analysis is not limiting, calling people names is. It's not about my sensitivity. The irony is thick here, you want me to grow up, but you are the one who resorts to ad hominem attacks.

You and others have tried to set yourselfs up as the definitive authority on these issues and try to shout down and personally attack those who disagree with you. That is an authoritarian tendency. I did not use the word fascist.

These kind of personal attacks do not help you persuade anyone and are the worst manifestation of forums like these. Someone can be incorrect and not be denigrated, that is what happens in civil discourse. I am sure most people that read the previous sentence will agree.

and if I don't respond to your post it doesn't mean you're necessarily right. It might mean I don't have the time or energy to respond. I am not just arguing with you. I want people that log onto the gopherhole to see their is a diversity of opinions on our forum.

Happy New Years!!

He didn't say you called people pro-rape. He said people on your side of the argument have called people like Bob pro-rape. Your reading comprehension isn't strong enough, which is why you're unable to understand the complex arguments made.

This is why people hate the media. They have to dumb things down. Dumbing it down and going for the hot takes over substance and accurate, complex reporting is how bad law and bad decisions are made.

Also, there isn't always more than 1 viewpoint that is acceptable if you want to live in a representative democracy. This is one of those cases. Bob, Truthseeker, Pompous, and others have the only correct view if you want to live in a such a political system. It's what our country is founded on. The EOAA is a bastardization and a cancer of that system. It's a corruption, and it's authoritarian. Anyone who fully understands their argument and disagrees with it proves Franklin's statement correct. You've got a democracy if you can keep it. Everyone against them doesn't want to keep it. However, I won't punish you, or want you punished for having an unacceptable viewpoint.

Top Bottom