Next Gopher Head Coach

Boynton was on Underwoods staff at Oklahoma St when Lamont Evans was there, and he was on Underwoods staff that also had issues at Stephen F Austin.

His recruiting has been Pitino like outside of Cunningham, and his record was not good coming into this season which is his 4th.

Pitino even beat him by 20 just last season. Take Cunningham off this team and he'd likely be on the hot seat. He has zero commits for next season.
I’m not at all advocating for Boynton for us, but he did just two weeks ago beat West Virginia at their place without Cunningham

Porter Mosner a no go? He looks 2nd best option behind Muss. What's the latest on Mosner?

Yes, probably. I don't see where he is a better candidate than many of the others. I'm on this thread hating on Dutcher (my lowest of the lowest on my poll) and to be honest, I don't understand all of the love for Gates. I'd like to see a few more years instead of a couple of adequate years. That's just me. I'm good with Smith, Mussleman. Niko is lower on my list, but I don't think that would be a bad hire, just not a preferred one for me.
Probably? Muss and Dutcher are 1-2 for me and the rest talked about on GH (Zags coach is not coming here) are pretty separated from those two. Chance of getting Muss is pretty low, and chance of getting Dutcher is pretty high, IHMO.

Probably? Muss and Dutcher are 1-2 for me and the rest talked about on GH (Zags coach is not coming here) are pretty separated from those two. Chance of getting Muss is pretty low, and chance of getting Dutcher is pretty high, IHMO.

Same. Muss and Dutch are 1,2 for me also. Getting Muss would be a steal IMHO. I loved that comeback today against a solid Colgate team. Down 14 to kicking their arss

Why is Bobby Jackson not considered a viable coaching candidate for the Gophers?
Does Bobby Jackson have a college degree? I remember when Trent Tucker was pushing for a shot at the coaching job years ago that he was going to have to go back and finish up his degree...

JG talked about a mystery candidate today....any thoughts on who that might be? Could it be the top assistant in a top program? Watching North Carolina I thought about Hubert Davis....

JG talked about a mystery candidate today....any thoughts on who that might be? Could it be the top assistant in a top program? Watching North Carolina I thought about Hubert Davis....
I really, really don't want a coach with "potential" or a "high ceiling." This is an opening at a B1G school... should never have to "settle" for coach.

Mrs. Pitino - I hope you're not serious with this question. How would you go about doing something like that? WHY would you do something like that?

Just because you didn't want Richard to get what was coming, doesn't mean there isn't a viable candidate out there right now, or very soon!

Not Mrs. pitino unfortunately. Lobos reach final 4 next year. Interim label allows Danville Gopher to organize a statewide petition drive to bring back pitino. Pitino returns and Golf, due to his unwavering loyalty, is allowed to sit on the team bench during home games.
Book it.

I didn’t watch a lot of this game as I was busy working, but I’m not impressed with his sets. When I coached for Westmont college we ran a modified Princeton. And I want a team that cuts back door. Cutting and moving with purpose. Moving the ball and my God able to shoot. We shot 42% from three on the season and we shot a bunch of threes! We weren’t super athletic compared to those we faced in the naia National tournament, but we were well coached. Ran our system very well. We forced teams to play our style of basketball. Much like Wisconsin does. I want a coach who instills a system that has meaning. And a coach who can recruit to that system and make in game adjustments.

Watching SDSU. Ok I am all in on Dutcher he wants to be here as a career ending which allows us an exit. He is the guy

I didn’t watch a lot of this game as I was busy working, but I’m not impressed with his sets. When I coached for Westmont college we ran a modified Princeton. And I want a team that cuts back door. Cutting and moving with purpose. Moving the ball and my God able to shoot. We shot 42% from three on the season and we shot a bunch of threes! We weren’t super athletic compared to those we faced in the naia National tournament, but we were well coached. Ran our system very well. We forced teams to play our style of basketball. Much like Wisconsin does. I want a coach who instills a system that has meaning. And a coach who can recruit to that system and make in game adjustments.
How about the ability to coach up and develop a bench? Or does that go without saying

Ok based on my expert opinion, having studied the rumored candidates for approximately 15 minutes each, Smith is my pick.

Lol at the idea of Muss coming here.

I agree. But I still think Muss is a possibility. Based on what I’m seeing from SDSU not sure about Dutcher.

Thad Matta.

If Muss beats TT, they are going to the Elite 8 at least, which decreases whatever odds we have further.

Top Bottom