Next Gopher Head Coach

Y’know, the coach at Iona did a great job with his team this season, getting them into the NCAA tourney. Maybe the Gophers will hire him to replace Pitino.

Just heard Nadine on WCCO. One thing she was asked about was the whole diversity article that whoever da fuq decided to write. (idiot for many reasons)

she said that it's easier for recruits to relate to someone that looks like them and that matters.

sure, it matters, but with that logic. No recruit of color would go play for a white head coach.

Dumbest thing I've heard
So basically her thesis is that all players are racist. Ridiculous.

So Penn State and BC have both made hires now. Were there any other particular schools rumored to have strong interest in Gates?

So Penn State and BC have both made hires now. Were there any other particular schools rumored to have strong interest in Gates?
Depaul.....but seems like that one is Mosers job if he wants it

Depaul and Marquette if they can find the money to buy out Wojo.

Goll I still just don't know about Gates. I know he's responsible for some solid recruiting at Florida St but the MN fan in me just see home run hire there. I'll be excited no matter who the hire is, but I hope if its Gates that he isn't in too far over his head.

I'm concerned that we are going to end up with our 7th choice again and it's just going to be more of the same.

He'd recruit the hell out of this town.
The issue is will he endear himself to the club basketball gate keepers. He risks Faustian bargains doing that but perhaps a necessary risk to take. I don’t think any reasonable person thinks RP didn’t recruit hard locally. He just whiffed. Everything I’ve seen is that he is a class act who will be welcomed into homes by parents. Will club coaches do the same? Their interests may be different.

The issue is will he endear himself to the club basketball gate keepers. He risks Faustian bargains doing that but perhaps a necessary risk to take. I don’t think any reasonable person thinks RP didn’t recruit hard locally. He just whiffed. Everything I’ve seen is that he is a class act who will be welcomed into homes by parents. Will club coaches do the same? Their interests may be different.
It's a breeze compared with me having to get along with county engineers.

Goll I still just don't know about Gates. I know he's responsible for some solid recruiting at Florida St but the MN fan in me just see home run hire there. I'll be excited no matter who the hire is, but I hope if its Gates that he isn't in too far over his head.
Fair analysis. No one is sure fire that we can get or afford. Chances need to be taken. He’s shown he can recruit. I would hope he would follow Juwan Howard’s lead and bring on board an old sage who has been through the battles to help him navigate the inevitable rough seas. Mixed metaphor but I gave it a shot. Not doing that out of the box was a big mistake by Richard.

Be good enough so that the club coaches have to respect you. Either way I'm sure one of them won't be happy within two years as they always seem to have beef.

Top Bottom