News On Bryce

Reaction score
I just read on goherillustrated that bryce told a little birdie that he will in fact commit to oregon! Bad news for us!!!!

Exactly what I figured the past few weeks.

No worries, the pain will be subdued when Carter puts on a Gopher hat during the game.

Time will tell, my friends. What happens, happens. Keep in mind, what we need are players who put TEAM ahead of THEM. Teammates respelled says Teamsteam.

will be a college bust

Br"Y"ce is a head case and will be another 4* bust at oregon. If he was a 3* he would get the same attention that fritz rock has gotten and thats NO ATTENTION. There is a reason why he wasnt 1st or 2nd team all-state - he really isnt all of that.

Picks another college and all of the sudden he sucks. What a coincidence. Rivals 100 to trash...

I'd always gotten the impression that he wanted to play out of state - not that he had anything against Minnesota, just that he wanted to go somewhere else.

Can we please move past the McNeal conversation??

The guy was never coming here anyway...let's move on to someone who actually wants to play for the Gophers...McNeal never wanted to come here in the first place and spent lots of time trying to find anything he felt was better...

with that mind, it's time to start the Carter watch...:)

If you check out Oregon's commitment list, there's another 4 star receiver from Cali and a JUCO 3 star that on film look like they could be better than McNeal. The JUCO is only 3 stars, but on film looks like Randy Moss. If McNeal came to MN, he'd be one of the "big deal" players and get quite a bit of attention with people having high expectations for him. In Oregon he could probably walk around town without anyone knowing who he is. He may want to get away from the attention and be somewhere where he just blends in with the rest of the team.

Bryce is the highest ranked player in Minnesota by scouting services that are the best resources we have available to us. It will hurt if we don't get him. It's crazy to suggest that if he doesn't come here he is suddenly not as good. Never the less Brewster has made HUGE strides toward closing the Minnesota border. This is going to be a good class with or without Bryce McNeal, but better if we get him.

If we don't get him I wish him nothing but the best. Unless he goes to Michigan, Wisconsin or Iowa in which case I hope he gets some incurable exotic strain of the clap his first week on campus. Don't write to me, that's a joke.

From all accounts, Bryce is completely full of himself and had a horrible senior year. I wont cry if he doesn't commit here. Ill take Hayo all day over Bryce. All day.

some people just don't want to stay home. I wasn't a recruited athlete or anything, but I know I wanted to get away and go to an out of state school. Stuff like that happens.

I have written about htis before

It is a positive to be in a major metropolitan area.

But it could be a negative for some kids who grew up here. A lot of the college experience is being a long way from home. Living 10-15 miles away just doesn't mean the same.

You always want to keep the state's top ranked recruit in state. That being said, they signed Brandon Green, Broderick Smith, Da'Jon McKnight and Xzavian Brandon last year and this year have signed Hayo Carpenter, Bryant Allen and Victor Keise. Our depth at WR has come a long way, losing McNeal is not the end of the world. Of course, if we're wrong about his choosing Oregon, I'd still love to see him in maroon and gold.

Can't blame it him if he chooses Oregon. Eugene looks like it's the fun place play, kind of like Boulder in the 80's and Madison in the 90's. The Nike resources and a fun college town would be enticing for any 18 year old. Good for Bryce.

Picks another college and all of the sudden he sucks. What a coincidence. Rivals 100 to trash...

What evidence can you cite that McNeal is a great or even decent football player? I do not care at all about losing this guy (beyond the impact on our recruiting rankings.)

What evidence can you cite that McNeal is a great or even decent football player? I do not care at all about losing this guy (beyond the impact on our recruiting rankings.)

Why do you care about recruiting rankings and stars if you think they are wrong? We know you dislike McNeal for whatever reason as you've been bashing him for awhile. So thanks, we got it. Hope this helps.

Minnesota was never a serious option so alot of people have been wasting alot of time the past month talking about this.

If a kid...

doesn't want us, we don't want the kid. Bye bye and good luck.

Top Bottom