New Weights are in!

It's year 3 or 4 in the program for most of these kids. You have to believe they're putting on good weight.

Mass does not necessarily kick ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least Ekpe is up to 290.

You've taken a real pessimistic tone in this thread so my question is what are your overall thoughts of the strength and conditioning staff 4 years in? Are they failing? Falling behind? Doing the wrong things? If so, how much of that falls on the coaching staff and what can they do better?

You've taken a real pessimistic tone in this thread so my question is what are your overall thoughts of the strength and conditioning staff 4 years in? Are they failing? Falling behind? Doing the wrong things? If so, how much of that falls on the coaching staff and what can they do better?
I am somewhat disappointed with some of the O-lineman weighing only 306 or so when as i mentioned before Wisconsin has averages 322 over the years and their lightest guy has usually been only around 313-315. I do think some of weights may be just inaccurate though as Gaelin Elmore stated he weighed in at 258 yet is only listed at 246 and De'Vondre Campbell played at 225 last year and he or Clayes has said that he is up to 235.

I am somewhat disappointed with some of the O-lineman weighing only 306 or so when as i mentioned before Wisconsin has averages 322 over the years and their lightest guy has usually been only around 313-315. I do think some of weights may be just inaccurate though as Gaelin Elmore stated he weighed in at 258 yet is only listed at 246 and De'Vondre Campbell played at 225 last year and he or Clayes has said that he is up to 235.

I think remember from other years, for some reason they don't update the freshmen.

A lot of them are inaccurate

For me, the ultimate question about a player is not "what was his 40 time," or "what does he weigh?"

My ultimate question is "Can he Play?" I just don't buy this notion that a player HAS to be a certain weight at a certain position. Players come in all shapes and sizes. I think most people on this board have a certain level of confidence that Kill and his staff have a system they trust. I trust Kill & Co. are monitoring the players physical condition and working with them to achieve the desired result.

A lot of them are inaccurate
If the difference between 305 and 322 is fat ,I'll take 305.
You can tell a lot going to practice and watching guys leave the field w/o shoulder pads. TC without pads looks like a lot of the weight gain has been in the legs from when he got here. Not as much in the upper body. I think he can still gain 10-20 lbs, but just not quickly.

Alex Mayes' Dad over at GI says Alex must have lost a few pounds because he checked into summer classes at 311lb. He says Alex is putting on "really good weight" though & looks very lean.

If the difference between 305 and 322 is fat ,I'll take 305.
You can tell a lot going to practice and watching guys leave the field w/o shoulder pads. TC without pads looks like a lot of the weight gain has been in the legs from when he got here. Not as much in the upper body. I think he can still gain 10-20 lbs, but just not quickly.
Agree, I don't put a whole lot into the weights. I'd much rather see a guy be quick off the ball and be able to move well at 300 then have a guy be slow off the ball and has trouble pulling that weighs a little more.

Top Bottom