New Transfer Commit: Luke Loewe from W&M

Luke put up 24 points against Jamison's former team this past December and Jamison put up 17 points against Luke's former team in the same game. That doesn't tell us much in terms of how both will fare in the B1G, but it is somewhat interesting nonetheless.

I noticed that both Battle and Loewe sucked from the 3 point line in this matchup. ...So much for shooters...

I noticed that both Battle and Loewe sucked from the 3 point line in this matchup. ...So much for shooters...

Well he led his conference in 3pt shooting his junior year. 43%. So....?

It was tongue in cheek. One game does not make a season. I was looking for an emoji to add, but the system was too slow so I just left it.
I got you. We'll see if these mid-major kids are ready for the B1G.

It was tongue in cheek. One game does not make a season. I was looking for an emoji to add, but the system was too slow so I just left it.
I got you. We'll see if these mid-major kids are ready for the B1G.

My bad. I agree, TBD. He at least has had some success before but looks like he can get to the hole and has a bit of a pull up game too. Pretty nice handles.

YOUR truth??? From looking at a YouTube video?? Again, please tell us about your credentials and why we should value your opinion
Take off the homer glasses for once in your life. If you get offended because I said we picked up a slow guard then get off the internet. Caps works wonderfully btw.

Nice kid. Great family. HS teammate of the Vanderplas from Ohio U.

Since much of playing successful defense is attitude and effort, I'll take him and his three point numbers. Improving/changing the team's attitude is a big part of what needs to happen as well, and both commits seem fit that bill as well.

The way he gets to the hoop reminds me of Nate Woelters. Stoked about the two time defensive teams, good size. His shooting reminds me of Gabe

Take off the homer glasses for once in your life. If you get offended because I said we picked up a slow guard then get off the internet. Caps works wonderfully btw.

I'll look forward to seeing how this plays out. You're cynically questioning every single breath Ben takes since he got the job. Seems like a fun existence.

I'll look forward to seeing how this plays out. You're cynically questioning every single breath Ben takes since he got the job. Seems like a fun existence.
haha, my god man. I hope you're in a role where you don't get told no a lot, doesn't seem like you take criticism well.

Let me help you out with your active listening (reading in this case) skills.

1) you assume that because i said he's slow, that he will be a failure. that says more about your feelings.
2) BJ hasn't really done anything. Battle is a solid pick-up, i've said as much. Beyond that it's only been two weeks.
3) To make you feel better since I hurt your feelings. I actually think he's a good shooter and will be a good bench player, which the few articles out there now about this pick say he will get a chance to play, nobody said he will be a starter.
4) compare apples to apples when you're arguing. Watch the tape against Virginia. Like I mentioned about the PGs in the top half of the B1G being faster than him, he struggles against VA, which is fine because he won't be our starting PG here. If he is, I will be surprised.

there, now if you want, I'll send you some postmates and buy you some ice cream with a teddy bear.

All he said was he thought that he was slow and you responded by trying to invalidate his opinion due to his lack of D-1 coaching credentials lol for all we know BJ also thinks he slow but likes his skills/intangibles.

haha, my god man. I hope you're in a role where you don't get told no a lot, doesn't seem like you take criticism well.

Let me help you out with your active listening (reading in this case) skills.

1) you assume that because i said he's slow, that he will be a failure. that says more about your feelings.
2) BJ hasn't really done anything. Battle is a solid pick-up, i've said as much. Beyond that it's only been two weeks.
3) To make you feel better since I hurt your feelings. I actually think he's a good shooter and will be a good bench player, which the few articles out there now about this pick say he will get a chance to play, nobody said he will be a starter.
4) compare apples to apples when you're arguing. Watch the tape against Virginia. Like I mentioned about the PGs in the top half of the B1G being faster than him, he struggles against VA, which is fine because he won't be our starting PG here. If he is, I will be surprised.

there, now if you want, I'll send you some postmates and buy you some ice cream with a teddy bear.

You're a funny guy. Thanks for the breakdown. I'll PM my address for that Postmates.

. . .and we all know that all B1G coaches assessments are always correct, just look at Pitino, he was never wrong in any assessment of players he made as a B1G coach.
Okay, fine. I'll display the correct Gophers attitude.

We're screwed. Horrible pick-up. He'll only ever ride the bench. Wasted scholarship. If he plays we're a last place team. Fire Ben Johnson, etc etc.

There, feel better about it now?

You're a funny guy. Thanks for the breakdown. I'll PM my address for that Postmates.
Just let me know the ice cream flavor, and no sugar cones for you. The teddy bear I'll have them inscribe "You are loved WriterGoph" on its belly.

Just let me know the ice cream flavor, and no sugar cones for you. The teddy bear I'll have them inscribe "You are loved WriterGoph" on its belly.

That's very thoughtful of you.

Kindly send your address for the Singing Telegram I am ordering for you. Song choice....

Okay, fine. I'll display the correct Gophers attitude.

We're screwed. Horrible pick-up. He'll only ever ride the bench. Wasted scholarship. If he plays we're a last place team. Fire Ben Johnson, etc etc.

There, feel better about it now?
Yes.

Well folks, BJ said he wants shooters. He is getting a shooter who can play defense. It sounds like he has a great attitude, and someone you want on your team.

When was the last time that we had a Gophers' squad that played solid defense?

I don't need him to be fast. I need him to be smart and knock down open shots.

We have been enamored with athletes over players for far too long here. Give me a guy that doesn't chuck 20 shots per game and can facilitate an offense. Let's the game come to him. Doesn't wait for the shot clock to run down and take a dumb shot at the buzzer.

Wisconsins guards over the years. Not much athleticm, but they knew how to play the game. Smart, no turnovers, knock down open jumpers.

I don't need him to be fast. I need him to be smart and knock down open shots.

We have been enamored with athletes over players for far too long here. Give me a guy that doesn't chuck 20 shots per game and can facilitate an offense. Let's the game come to him. Doesn't wait for the shot clock to run down and take a dumb shot at the buzzer.

Wisconsins guards over the years. Not much athleticm, but they knew how to play the game. Smart, no turnovers, knock down open jumpers.
I don’t want to emulate Wisconsin other than winning. True we have prioritized athletic over skill in the recent past. Call me greedy but I’d like both.

Top Bottom