New Transfer Commit: Luke Loewe from W&M

I don’t want to emulate Wisconsin other than winning. True we have prioritized athletic over skill in the recent past. Call me greedy but I’d like both.
Both end up being top 50 kids. Just hard to get them. Gotta find undervalued dudes and develop them.

I don’t want to emulate Wisconsin other than winning. True we have prioritized athletic over skill in the recent past. Call me greedy but I’d like both.
Jordan Taylor should have stayed home

It's time to play team basketball! We are hanging our hopes on a rookie coach.

This is not the first rodeo where a college rookie coach became successful. Somebody mentioned three or four in a previous thread in the Big Ten.

This from St, Paul Pioneer Press, Charley Waters, April 3, 2021:

"Johnson had no head college coaching experience until hired by the Gophers. But neither did Michigan State’s Tom Izzo, Michigan’s Juwan Howard, Wisconsin’s Greg Gard, Purdue’s Matt Painter, Northwestern’s Chris Collins and Penn State’s Micah Shrewsberry."

We have to get over our disappointments and give Ben Johnson chance. Maybe this unconventional hire may surprise us. IMHO, this is a gutsy hire.

So far, we have some pretty decent transfers in Battle, Stevens, and Loewe that may make us forget Mashburn and others in the portal. At least that is the hope.

Last edited:

Besides Loewe regarded as 3-pt. sniper, a major add is his ability to play solid-D...Selected 2-years in a row All-Conf...Defense has lacked under most of Pitino's recruits, I think Lowe was a positive pickup...

Last edited:

Besides Lowe regarded as 3-pt. sniper, a major add is his ability to play solid-D...Selected 2-years in a row All-Conf...Defense has lacked under most of Pitino's recruits, I think Lowe was a positive pickup...
Seems like a good replacement for Gabe.

Besides Lowe regarded as 3-pt. sniper, a major add is his ability to play solid-D...Selected 2-years in a row All-Conf...Defense has lacked under most of Pitino's recruits, I think Lowe was a positive pickup...
I think he'll start

Both is what plays for blue bloods. We have to choose, at least for now. In the past we chose athletes over shooters. I vote we choose shooting over athleticism. Defense + shooting + smart play = more wins. Guys that can jump but can’t shoot are only good for slam dunk contests. I believe we finally have a coach that also thinks this way.

Can someone clarify how to pronounce this guys name? Thanks!

Ha! I had a feeling that would be asked. You are on your own, my friend.
looking up how to pronounce his last name and came across this:

Personal
Son of Jason and Jeri Loewe … An avid fisherman who often takes teammates out fishing with him … Won a junior national championship in bass fishing in high school.

He will fit right in!

Apparently there is a foreign fashion company with the same name, they pronounce it Low-Ay-Vay, or maybe Luh-Way-Vay

looking up how to pronounce his last name and came across this:

Personal
Son of Jason and Jeri Loewe … An avid fisherman who often takes teammates out fishing with him … Won a junior national championship in bass fishing in high school.

He will fit right in!
But how well does he catch northern??

I actually have no idea.

Are bass like "difficult" to catch, or something? I just never hear about bass fishing in MN, but I don't listen for it much.
Bass and northern pretty easy, walleye and muskie a bit more tough. Bass is pretty big in Minnesota, they now have bass state tournaments for high schools in Minnesota

Top Bottom