New Transfer Commit: Luke Loewe from W&M

6'3 Guard that has played mostly the 1 and shoots 43% from the field. Wisconsin is Gold Country!

Under 30% 3pt % in 2020/21. Underwhelming....

Edit: I see he's a PG. I feel better about it. Perhaps a decent holdover until Holloman takes the reigns in 2022.

6'3 Guard that has played mostly the 1 and shoots 43% from the field. Wisconsin is Gold Country!

His 3 pt shooting should fit right in!

Or hopefully he finds the 2019-2020 form

Well, we need guards. He had a really solid year (even though his 3pt shooting dropped off). Very good on free throws and a solid assist to TO ratio.
Seems like a decent enough add (not sure what the expectations are from ppl, we aren't Duke). That being said, he doesn't do anything to help our outside shooting woes. It's absolutely imperative that Coach Johnson adds a few solid perimeter shooters to compliment some of these guys, especially if we lander either Fox or Race.

Well, we need guards. He had a really solid year (even though his 3pt shooting dropped off). Very good on free throws and a solid assist to TO ratio.
Free throws are very important for a point guard. Assists reflect his decision making also... also very important. He appears to be a very solid addition.

His highlights show he has at least instincts for getting to the rim, hopefully his drop off in long range shooting shouldn't matter if he is able to continue being aggressive from that angle.

It's pretty telling how much our local media is pulling for Coach Johnson. I'm supporting him 100% because he is the program, but I still have my doubts. I hope Loewe is amazing for us, but I can't say his stats have me overwhelmed with joy. But some of the reports from people like Doogie are really hyping the kid up. I think a lot of people in this town, especially in the media, are really invested in Johnson succeeding. Maybe that'll be a good thing and help out with local recruiting, but it makes me a little leery about trusting their reporting in the near term future. Results will tell, I suppose.

It's pretty telling how much our local media is pulling for Coach Johnson. I'm supporting him 100% because he is the program, but I still have my doubts. I hope Loewe is amazing for us, but I can't say his stats have me overwhelmed with joy. But some of the reports from people like Doogie are really hyping the kid up. tI think a lot of people in this town, especially in the media, are really invested in Johnson succeeding. Maybe that'll be a good thing and help out with local recruiting, but it makes me a little leery about trusting their reporting in the near term future. Results will tell, I suppose.
Shows what type of guy Coach Johnson is. If even the cynical sports reporters/writers can't find a bad thing to say about him from years of covering him as a HS player/college player/assistant, we at least know we have a good guy at the helm. We'll find out in a few years if he's actually the right guy for the job, but I guess I would rather have this reaction than the cynical take we are used to.

In his 3 seasons of earning a lot of playing time he has shot 22.6%, 43.9% and 29.8% on 3s. Interesting. Hopefully his game translates and he can be solid for the Gophers for a year.
With so many openings he is a solid get.

PER of 19.8 last year and .133 win shares per 40 minutes. Both solid. Not a high assist average but good assist to turnover ratio.

Good job recruiting. Now let's get a back up who will be around for a few years. I'm interested in the freshman from Prior Lake who played at North Dakota this season.

PER of 19.8 last year and .133 win shares per 40 minutes. Both solid. Not a high assist average but good assist to turnover ratio.

Good job recruiting. Now let's get a back up who will be around for a few years. I'm interested in the freshman from Prior Lake who played at North Dakota this season.
Like this idea.

he's at the very least a good third guard and probably a capable starter, good addition for one year transfer at position of need. Hopefully can get his 3pt shot back to 35+%

Top Bottom