New thread title

I think they will be okay. Tubby is always delivering mixed messages. He has been talking about being aggressive and taking it to the other team (translation- go to the hole). Then after the game he criticizes Andre for going to the hole and picking up the charge. That will stop your point guard from driving to the bucket in a hurry. When your PG doesn't drive- you can get one dimensional pretty fast. To me there is just not a sense of what Tubby really wants to do other than he wants them to win. There is not much purpose out there. That said- I still think this was one of Tubby's better coached games this year.

There's a time to drive and a time not to. Andre should never have driven to the basket on the play. Driving to the left with 2 Players in front of you, Austin runs into the paint bringing Brust with him then losing the ball and running into Brust is not a heads up play for any point guard.

Vs Nebraska win
Vs Iowa win
At Sparty loss
Vs Illini Win
Vs Becky Win
At Iowa Win
That's I think! Will be 8-5 heading into Columbus and people will forget about our slump, team competed today, Jackson got a nice role on that shot, becky gets a three on that botched possession arrow, Austin misses dunk, I don't blame Tubby for that, I predicted 11-7 in conference and it looks like the schedule is going play out that way

Pretty ambitious to say we beat Becky, Illinois, and @Iowa. We could easily lose two of those.

Tubby should call these guys out! Rodney Austin & Coleman were a combined 2-21 from the field. How are we supposed to win if our starters can't hit a damn shot? Some of you guys sound like you've never played sports in your lives. As pee-wees our coaches would get after us harsher than the things Tubby's says. Rodney specifically needs a kick in the ass. 2pts, 4rebs & he misses the game tying shot at the end? Thanks Sr Captain!

Tubby shoulda slammed his fist on the scorers table about 3 x today ala RMK. Especially When Andre H drove to the hole late with the Gophers up 2. HUGE NO CALL and Tubby just let them get away with it. The Grinch woulda been in their faces.

This game was ugly, but not shocking. Close calls didn't go our way, they never do at Kohl Center. The NW and Michigan games were far more concerning. Beat Nebraska. If this fall continues and we miss the NCAA's, it will be time for Tubby to go.

Tubby was fired at Kentucky for a reason....... He's washed up. Need some young blood in there

Anyone who was watching the game see Tubby punch down a couple chairs or something? I don't get BTN but Spencer was talking about it for a while on the radio broadcast.

I like Tubby...have met him personally and he is a genuine nice guy...HOWEVER...

He has to have some of the most mentally fragile players I have ever seen...leads me to ask one question. The finger pointing we hear after games, the calling out of players...how bad does he go off on players in practice? To the point they are afraid to lose or make a mistake instead of just playing the game?

Tough stretch of games we went through and this loss would have been tolerable with a win at Northwestern the other night. We have shot so poorly the last few games, I keep telling myself it will all come back. Go Gophers!!

Post of the Day!!!

That's what you are when you lose this type of game after losing the previous 3 games. To me, the unanswered question is Nature vs Nurture. Does Tubby recruit losers or does he make them?

I didn't want to come into Gopherhole after this game due to all the negativity and idiots....I took quick look...sure enough first post.

Anyone who was watching the game see Tubby punch down a couple chairs or something? I don't get BTN but Spencer was talking about it for a while on the radio broadcast.

The tv announcers didn't really seem to know what was going on in the game half the time.

Gophers have now lost 19 of last 24 vs Wisconsin. Holy *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# that's bad!

I'm glad the U is funding one expensive mediocre semi-retirement.

I think they will be okay. Tubby is always delivering mixed messages. He has been talking about being aggressive and taking it to the other team (translation- go to the hole). Then after the game he criticizes Andre for going to the hole and picking up the charge. That will stop your point guard from driving to the bucket in a hurry. When your PG doesn't drive- you can get one dimensional pretty fast. To me there is just not a sense of what Tubby really wants to do other than he wants them to win. There is not much purpose out there. That said- I still think this was one of Tubby's better coached games this year.

That sequence where Elliott moved to set the screen Dre was calling for, then Tubby screamed at him to not do that, causing him to freeze and ending up nowhere doing nothing - that said it all.

Top Bottom