New third quarter song

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
We may as well get on this one as fast as possible. And think about the possibilities to tailor it to the Gophers.

10 seconds in I fell a sleep. Best one I've seen for 3rd quarter is Tarzan Boy by Baltimora. You need something for all ages

10 seconds in I fell a sleep. Best one I've seen for 3rd quarter is Tarzan Boy by Baltimora. You need something for all ages

It all starts with the student section. Get them rowdy. I posted Gangnam Style here as a 3rd Q song when it had fewer than 100,000 views, and was widely derided for that. I would be shocked if I don't hear this song in some stadium while watching games this Saturday.

It all starts with the student section. Get them rowdy. I posted Gangnam Style here as a 3rd Q song when it had fewer than 100,000 views, and was widely derided for that. I would be shocked if I don't hear this song in some stadium while watching games this Saturday.

I don't know. Gangnam Style had an infectious beat and made people want to do the obnoxious dance. This song comes off as just a funny song, and not really something to get up and dance. But I could be wrong.

It would be great if it had any bass riff at all and better vocals and better lyrics and better production values. Yikes.

What I should have written is that I could see this being a student favorite between a couple of songs during the 3rd quarter break. Say something like the 0:40 second mark to about 1:10 in the video.

What I should have written is that I could see this being a student favorite between a couple of songs during the 3rd quarter break. Say something like the 0:40 second mark to about 1:10 in the video.

It's stupid, repetitive, has a pounding bass....yeah, I could see that section of it working lol.

I'm going to give this song a big thumbs down. I'd stick with Avicii and maybe switch to Wake Me Up starting around 1 min 10 sec.

I've given up hope that the marketing department will ever get this going. I'm not sure why we need to put together about four songs for that period each game. We actually did get the students going once or twice (the Syracuse game for sure last year), but then they used completely different songs the next game.

And the "do the Gopher" thing ... not working. But if you're going to do that, you almost have to show the gopher from Caddie Shack, don't you? (And if you show the gopher, don't you have to use the song? Not that I'm advocating it.)

At any rate, all you can do is keep trying different things until something works. When it does, stick with it for a while. I just wonder if the brain trust will ever realize when they've hit upon something.

Find a song that will stand the test of time, and I dislike using the Buckheads as an example, but 'Jump Around' isn't going anywhere. They should have done this from the beginning. Coming up with a different song every year, doesn't sound like a tradition.

Except Gangnam Style rules ass, and this song is the musical equivalent of eating an abortion.

I've found that when we're leading after three quarters it doesn't matter what song they play.

"Do the Gopher" really sucks, but at least it's not a retread of another school's "thing." I swear the U is just trying to throw as many things against the wall as possible and hoping one sticks. I hate constantly arguing about this, because it's not why I enjoy going to the games but it is frustrating that everything seems so amateur at the stadium.

I've given up hope that the marketing department will ever get this going. I'm not sure why we need to put together about four songs for that period each game. We actually did get the students going once or twice (the Syracuse game for sure last year), but then they used completely different songs the next game.

And the "do the Gopher" thing ... not working. But if you're going to do that, you almost have to show the gopher from Caddie Shack, don't you? (And if you show the gopher, don't you have to use the song? Not that I'm advocating it.)

At any rate, all you can do is keep trying different things until something works. When it does, stick with it for a while. I just wonder if the brain trust will ever realize when they've hit upon something.

"Do the Gopher" has actually been really popular with the students. They actually do get into it, and it works. It is one of those things that seems so obnoxious that it works. The only reason it may have seemed like it didn't take off was because the student section decreased in size with every Big Ten game. And they did end up settling on basically the same 3 or 4 songs each game. But since Gangnam Style has now been overplayed since last year, they are mixing it up a bit to see if a new song sticks.

Caddyshack references are great, but the Avici song gets students moving. I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of students have never seen Caddyshack and don't get the reference.

I like the break between the third and fourth quarter. I think they do a nice job with it, and the kids get into it. Well done. Go Gophers.

I'm an old man, so my judgment is waning. Thusly, this is more my speed:

I think Let Me Clear My Throat works perfect. Students, alum, and the team all seem to love it. Keep that as the staple (which they have) and sprinkle in some flavor of the week (which they have) and we're set.

Whatever the students want and will get them going, I'm on board with.

Do they use the freshmen orientation night at TCF (when they have 5000 students there) to test out 3 or 4 options and see which gets the best response? If not, they should.

"Do the Gopher" has actually been really popular with the students. They actually do get into it, and it works. It is one of those things that seems so obnoxious that it works. The only reason it may have seemed like it didn't take off was because the student section decreased in size with every Big Ten game. And they did end up settling on basically the same 3 or 4 songs each game. But since Gangnam Style has now been overplayed since last year, they are mixing it up a bit to see if a new song sticks.

Caddyshack references are great, but the Avici song gets students moving. I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of students have never seen Caddyshack and don't get the reference.

+1000

Top Bottom