New Sheriff In Town----Pitino Releases S&C Coach Steve Felde

UofMdad

Reaction score
Per Darren Wolfson, Steve has been released from his position as the Gophers' bb S&C Coach. I believe some players are seeing the beginning of the end for their careers at the 'U'. The new mantra for coach Pitino; 'In shape you play, out of shape you might want to look elsewhere to play basketball.'

Per Darren Wolfson, Steve has been released from his position as the Gophers' bb S&C Coach. I believe some players are seeing the beginning of the end for their careers at the 'U'. The new mantra for coach Pitino; 'In shape you play, out of shape you might want to look elsewhere to play basketball.'

So, is Doogie suggesting that Big Mo "shape up or ship out"?

Every time I hear 'new sheriff in town' I think of Dennis Green. Can we please use a different term?

Every time I hear 'new sheriff in town' I think of Dennis Green. Can we please use a different term?

I was gonna say something about that too, station, because I agree with you. How about "New GopherHole supporter in town"?

Question is, did you hear it or did your read it?

True, but Deputy Doogie is the one who passed the message on.

BTW, Doogie is doing a good to great job of passing things on to us, and I appreciate that.

The question of why Mo has taken do long to recover and even look like a shadow of his old capability has to be asked. But any time you see something like that, it's usually a team effort between the player and the staff. It's not going to far out on a limb to say that Mo hasn't been doing his part. I think he'll get a chance to make amends and turn it around, but if he does not - that's not the kind of guy you want on your team.

The question of why Mo has taken do long to recover and even look like a shadow of his old capability has to be asked. But any time you see something like that, it's usually a team effort between the player and the staff. It's not going to far out on a limb to say that Mo hasn't been doing his part. I think he'll get a chance to make amends and turn it around, but if he does not - that's not the kind of guy you want on your team.

Let's have a repeat of Nix at Michigan State. He was a blob for two years and Izzo was mocked for giving him a scholarship and he went to work and became a good ball player. We need Mo to do that, because he is the only beef on the roster right now. That having been said, Mo may have been the biggest disappointment on this year's team to me. He showed promise as a freshman and rarely looked like he belonged this year. At his best, however, he may not have what it takes to function in an up and down game. Elliot is much more capable of that.

Let's have a repeat of Nix at Michigan State. He was a blob for two years and Izzo was mocked for giving him a scholarship and he went to work and became a good ball player. We need Mo to do that, because he is the only beef on the roster right now. That having been said, Mo may have been the biggest disappointment on this year's team to me. He showed promise as a freshman and rarely looked like he belonged this year. At his best, however, he may not have what it takes to function in an up and down game. Elliot is much more capable of that.

I think Nix is a good comparison for Mo. Both Rivals top 150 players (Nix higher though). Nix listed at 6-9, 275 and Mo at 6-10, 270. I think Mo has a lot of potential and if he can get in good shape, it'd be extremely exciting!

I will say this - IMO Mo could be one of the most important pieces to the frontcourt next year. I think he has the ability (at least showed flases pre-injury) to be a difference making big. Not many of those on the roster. I hope e can get in better shape, I think he could be the difference in competing for a NCAA bid vs a NIT bid next year.

Mo, dancing to a nice romantic slow song with a chick: "Honey, say something sexy to me."

Chick says: "For a fat guy, you don't sweat much."

Mo: "Well, I am still recuperating from a serious knee injury."

Chick: "Listen to your Coach, Mo. Shape up or ship out."

End of dance.

I don't think just Mo is at risk...not being fat is not the same as being in shape...pressing after every make and running as often as possible will mean everyone is going to have to make improvements to stay on this team.

Ricco needs to hit on 2 or 3 forward recruits that can run with our guards so he can make his system work here next year.

All mo has to do is eat healthy and get used to running. Healthy foods will give him more energy.

This is nothing new. Most coaches have their own strength and conditioning guy. It's an extension of the coaching staff.

Pitino isn't doing anything that hasn't been done before. Expecting players to be in shape? Egad!

Before we put all the blame on Walker, let's consider that the knee injury may have been more severe than we realize. For all we know, what we saw this year is all he has left. I hope I'm wrong, but I remember hearing or reading a comment that Walker's injury was "one of the worst the doctors had seen."

I definitely remember him appearing much more athletic as a Freshman, when he was as heavy or heavier. Again, I hope I'm wrong, and that Walker can become a contributor next year.

Before we put all the blame on Walker, let's consider that the knee injury may have been more severe than we realize. For all we know, what we saw this year is all he has left. I hope I'm wrong, but I remember hearing or reading a comment that Walker's injury was "one of the worst the doctors had seen."

I definitely remember him appearing much more athletic as a Freshman, when he was as heavy or heavier. Again, I hope I'm wrong, and that Walker can become a contributor next year.

+1 That doesn't mean we still can't blame it on Tubby.

Heavier? He weighs at least 20lbs more than he did as a Freshmen.

[U said:
GopherSteak;[/U]703086]All mo has to do is eat healthy and get used to running. Healthy foods will give him more energy.

Man, nothing better in the whole world, than a nice 16oz Gopherhouse Steak! So much better than a Porterhouse. Hmmmmm

+1,000

I was gonna say something about that too, station, because I agree with you. How about "New GopherHole supporter in town"?

You know what they say Doc. If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.

I like Mo, well enough. He flashed some ability early on and seems affable. Unfortunately, for this next season...i just don't think Mo is going to be in good enough shape (once again) to be able to contribute much. A guy who's been 300lbs and relatively inactive is not likely to work any miracles over one summer - he would have to really take his conditioning to heart and i just don't see that discipline in him, to this point.

I like Mo, well enough. He flashed some ability early on and seems affable. Unfortunately, for this next season...i just don't think Mo is going to be in good enough shape (once again) to be able to contribute much. A guy who's been 300lbs and relatively inactive is not likely to work any miracles over one summer - he would have to really take his conditioning to heart and i just don't see that discipline in him, to this point.
It has the potential to add decades to his life as well.

Top Bottom