NEW Q&A: Andre McDonald Talks About UCLA Visit, Gophers and Vandy

I just hope he doesn't use the "I'm taking my talents to" line.

But he is from Minnesota, so it seems more logical to announce in his home state, other than a news channel for a state he's been to once or so. It would seem like a harsh thing to announce he's headed to Cali on Minnesota TV though...

Good thing we only have 20 minutes to analyze his choice of platform. If he had said this three days ago this thread would be at 20 pages by now.

But he is from Minnesota, so it seems more logical to announce in his home state, other than a news channel for a state he's been to once or so. It would seem like a harsh thing to announce he's headed to Cali on Minnesota TV though...
I'm pretty sure quite a few kids announce on their local TV stations where they are going and it doesn't always end up in state. Trent Richardson (announced on Florida TV to Bama), Joe McKnight (announced on Louisiana TV to USC) and Sam McGuffie (announced on Texas TV to Michigan)

Doogie just tweeted: "Good news coming." Take that for what it's worth.

He just saved a bunch of money on his car insurance by switching to Geico, or, he decided to start counting games against Iowa against Tubby which means he has one more loss on his record this year.

He's coming - Kill recruited well - Gray to McDonald....TOUCHDOWN!

I'm pretty sure quite a few kids announce on their local TV stations where they are going and it doesn't always end up in state. Trent Richardson (announced on Florida TV to Bama), Joe McKnight (announced on Louisiana TV to USC) and Sam McGuffie (announced on Texas TV to Michigan)

That's kinda what I was getting at. He couldn't really announce on local station outside of Minnesota. If he had announced, in say LA, I think everyone would know where he was headed and there wouldn't really be a need to announce it publicly. Still would be harsh if he commits to UCLA (or any other school) tonight

Gopherocious said:
That's kinda what I was getting at. He couldn't really announce on local station outside of Minnesota. If he had announced, in say LA, I think everyone would know where he was headed and there wouldn't really be a need to announce it publicly. Still would be harsh if he commits to UCLA (or any other school) tonight
Come on it's Minnesota nice he wouldn't do that to a program which needs local help.

You really think he'd start as a true freshman?

Not necessarily, but I wouldn't write it off this soon. I guess I mean to say that I don't see why he wouldn't see any snaps next season.

Bottom line: Whether it's Gray, Nelson, Shortell, or whoever else throwing to him, I'll be excited.

"start" as in begin his on-field career. Not starting line-up. Moot point.

Andre McDonald is a Gophers. Congrat to Coach Kill on landing the top state recruit. this is a huge get.

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So happy to hear that! Congrats Coach Kill!!!!!!!!!!

SKI-U-MAH

I can't remember the poster who said it, but I remember a few months back, a poster here said he thought at the end of it all McDonald would end up a Gopher. Props to him

Top Bottom