NEW Q&A: Andre McDonald Talks About UCLA Visit, Gophers and Vandy

New tweet:

RyanBurnsGI RyanBurnsGI
GI has learned of some new developments regarding 4-Star WR Andre McDonald. Tune into GopherIllustrated.com for more.
2 hours ago

It takes a pretty special non-Texas player to get an offer from Texas, and it takes a pretty special player from outside of the AL/GA/FL area for Alabama to offer.
You have to be pretty special to get an offer from Alabama in general, but they definitely recruit nationally (Texas not so much). That said, whereas SEC schools will frequently hit up Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, etc., Minneapolis isn't a common spot on their trip around the midwest.

New tweet:

RyanBurnsGI RyanBurnsGI
GI has learned of some new developments regarding 4-Star WR Andre McDonald. Tune into GopherIllustrated.com for more.
2 hours ago

When will the "more" come out? Next Wednesday? ;)

Andre McDonald said that Minnesota is coming for an in-home visit tonight bringing 5 Gopher coaches to their house.

Andre McDonald said that Minnesota is coming for an in-home visit tonight bringing 5 Gopher coaches to their house.

I like Kill's dogged determination to keep a blue chipper in state.

Andre, I am pleading that you seriously consider being a Gopher. This is a win-win situation. You can't go wrong by being a homer.

You will go to the pros no matter where you go to school. As a matter of fact, you will probably stand out more with the Gophers.

You have a chance to be part of history in the making here to turn the program around. You have no idea how huge this is for a lot of people here in Minnesota. You've got a great QB in Q & then Nelson.

More importantly, your friends and family are here to watch you make history. You will be up there with all the Gopher Greats for all time.

So, give Minnesota a chance.

I'd like to see the Gophers at the Rose Bowl before I cash it all in.

I like Kill's dogged determination to keep a blue chipper in state.

Andre, I am pleading that you seriously consider being a Gopher. This is a win-win situation. You can't go wrong by being a homer.

You will go to the pros no matter where you go to school. As a matter of fact, you will probably stand out more with the Gophers.

You have a chance to be part of history in the making here to turn the program around. You have no idea how huge this is for a lot of people here in Minnesota. You've got a great QB in Q & then Nelson.

More importantly, your friends and family are here to watch you make history. You will be up there with all the Gopher Greats for all time.

So, give Minnesota a chance.

I'd like to see the Gophers at the Rose Bowl before I cash it all in.

I actually do like the speech, but to say that McDonald is going to the pros no matter what is downright false.

If rankings are any indication:
Rivals: #68 WR (no national rating)
Scout; #75 WR (no national rating)
ESPN: #37 WR, #25 regional player
247: #61 WR, (no national rating)

Stan said:
Trying not to get hopes up but sure hope we get him. Coach Kill is aggressive - like that!

I actually do like the speech, but to say that McDonald is going to the pros no matter what is downright false.

If rankings are any indication:
Rivals: #68 WR (no national rating)
Scout; #75 WR (no national rating)
ESPN: #37 WR, #25 regional player
247: #61 WR, (no national rating)

Don't you think the intent of that statement was more along the line of, if you're good enough to go to the pros you'll get noticed no matter what school you're at.

" All the leaves are brown....leaves are brown" California Dreamin
"I love LA"! Randy Newman
"Well East coast girls are"..... California Girls

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...7503624/predictions-top-uncommitted-prospects

ESPN polled seven of its recruiting "experts" for their predictions on where uncommitted prospects will go. For McDonald, 4 of the 7 predicted Minnesota, 2 predicted Vandy, and 1 predicted Illinois. It's interesting that none selected UCLA. And this has a publishing date of tomorrow (meaning it somehow came back from the future), so I assume these predictions are reasonably current.

And Bleed beat me to it. That's only because I was typing, though. :)

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...7503624/predictions-top-uncommitted-prospects

ESPN polled seven of its recruiting "experts" for their predictions on where uncommitted prospects will go. For McDonald, 4 of the 7 predicted Minnesota, 2 predicted Vandy, and 1 predicted Illinois. It's interesting that none selected UCLA. And this has a publishing date of tomorrow (meaning it somehow came back from the future), so I assume these predictions are reasonably current.

And Bleed beat me to it. That's only because I was typing, though. :)

Yea, but your Insider Access gave your post more beef than my blog link!

Go Gophers!!

Illinois? haha. Just kind of throwing this out there, I think if Andre were to commit to UCLA he would have done so after the visit unless he is holding out for a National Signing Day pick type thing. If it's true he's announcing today, which I doubt he actually is but, I'd say the Gophers have to be the pick.

Wellll well well. I suppose I'll have to check in here around then for the meltdown and/or jubilation.

Wouldn't that mean he is coming to the U if he announcing this on our news?

The Gophers need their OWN Dr. Dre' to help bring this program back to life! This should be good...

"Jerry's Bout to lose his mind. Andre's been going for soooo long. He's running out of time..."

Top Bottom