New OL commit

Just read this on 247. Nice addition. Hopefully he learns that "Nasty".

Nice add. Looks like only a one year guy, but sounds like next year will be a bit of a transition on the o-line and maybe he can help smooth things out. Apparently has had some trouble in pass pro, but has been above average in the run game. Maybe Callahan can work some magic and bring out his full potential.

Interesting spelling in this story from MGoBlog. Some funny comments at the bottom.

This guy looks like a bit of a reach.
1*4CTdm3f6pJJWqQ9_J3tSgA.png

Welcome to the Bank, Chuck Filiaga!

He is a big-bodied experienced addition to the IOL rotation. Coach Callahan will work his magic on him.

Smiling isn't allowed when he is supposed to maul the guy in front of him. :mad: It's too bad that TE Ko Keith is graduating. He can teach him a thing or two about nastiness.

There is nothing positive about this commitment

Welcome to the Bank, Chuck Filiaga!

He is a big-bodied experienced addition to the IOL rotation. Coach Callahan will work his magic on him.

Smiling isn't allowed when he is supposed to maul the guy in front of him. :mad: It's too bad that TE Ko Keith is graduating. He can teach him a thing or two about nastiness.
Hire Ko as grad assistant nasty coach?

I haven't heard anywhere that he wasn't coming back. Source?
https://247sports.com/college/minne...r-Minnesota-Footballs-2022-offense-180361448/

"I wrote "maybe" next to Axel Ruschmeyer's name, as I haven't heard one way or another if he'll be back for sixth season with the Golden Gophers. The staff would love to have him back as he'd be penciled in as a day one starter at guard, but we'll see what the Holy Family products decides in the next week or so. If he doesn't come back, you'll likely see a competition between Utah State transfer Karter Shaw and Lakeville fifth-year product Nathan Boe. "

Obviously was published before this news of the new transfer.

Lot of classy comments on the MGOBLOG forum about him. Most think he is making a good move for his career, will almost certainly start and has a good chance of getting drafted.

I hope they are right. If nothing else he adds some nice experience and depth to the O-Line with a chance for much more.

Top Bottom