New OL commit

BTChamp

Reaction score
Just read this on 247. Nice addition. Hopefully he learns that "Nasty".

btowngopher

Reaction score
Nice add. Looks like only a one year guy, but sounds like next year will be a bit of a transition on the o-line and maybe he can help smooth things out. Apparently has had some trouble in pass pro, but has been above average in the run game. Maybe Callahan can work some magic and bring out his full potential.

TNGophfan

Reaction score
Interesting spelling in this story from MGoBlog. Some funny comments at the bottom.

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score
This guy looks like a bit of a reach.
1*4CTdm3f6pJJWqQ9_J3tSgA.png

hungan1

Reaction score
Welcome to the Bank, Chuck Filiaga!

He is a big-bodied experienced addition to the IOL rotation. Coach Callahan will work his magic on him.

Smiling isn't allowed when he is supposed to maul the guy in front of him. :mad: It's too bad that TE Ko Keith is graduating. He can teach him a thing or two about nastiness.

noamfromm

Reaction score
There is nothing positive about this commitment

Dakota2

Reaction score
Welcome to the Bank, Chuck Filiaga!

He is a big-bodied experienced addition to the IOL rotation. Coach Callahan will work his magic on him.

Smiling isn't allowed when he is supposed to maul the guy in front of him. :mad: It's too bad that TE Ko Keith is graduating. He can teach him a thing or two about nastiness.
Hire Ko as grad assistant nasty coach?

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
I haven't heard anywhere that he wasn't coming back. Source?
https://247sports.com/college/minne...r-Minnesota-Footballs-2022-offense-180361448/

"I wrote "maybe" next to Axel Ruschmeyer's name, as I haven't heard one way or another if he'll be back for sixth season with the Golden Gophers. The staff would love to have him back as he'd be penciled in as a day one starter at guard, but we'll see what the Holy Family products decides in the next week or so. If he doesn't come back, you'll likely see a competition between Utah State transfer Karter Shaw and Lakeville fifth-year product Nathan Boe. "

Obviously was published before this news of the new transfer.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Lot of classy comments on the MGOBLOG forum about him. Most think he is making a good move for his career, will almost certainly start and has a good chance of getting drafted.

I hope they are right. If nothing else he adds some nice experience and depth to the O-Line with a chance for much more.

Top Bottom