NEW MUSIC

Amanda Shires was on The Tonight Show yesterday with husband Jason Isbell enlisted.

Hawk for the Dove

This song is HOT! Maybe not as good as their pure guitar work, but the mix of genres is great. Thank you, The Current, for airing songs like this.

I don't know why I like this, but I like this.

I've been meaning to add this video to this thread. Some of the hype over Wet Leg is pretty ridiculous but they are a fun, fun band.

I've been meaning to add this video to this thread. Some of the hype over Wet Leg is pretty ridiculous but they are a fun, fun band.
I feel like I'll listen to them a lot over the summer and then in three years I'll forget they ever existed. :)

I know someone who has hailed them as the greatest Indie band to hit the scene in many years. I mean... they are ok I guess.

I know someone who has hailed them as the greatest Indie band to hit the scene in many years. I mean... they are ok I guess.
Ha. Yeah, that's a good example. I'll take that over the minority of jackasses who don't like them because they hit it big right away and aren't serious about it. Frankly that's part of the appeal. They seem like nice people who are sincerely enjoying stumbling into fame.

I've had the album for a year and it's still very enjoyable, not just the catchy lightweight hits. I appreciate some of nasty breakup lyrics as well. Maybe they don't make another good album and so what? Not everything perform has to be an all time great.

End Rant.

Not sure where to put this so I will post it here just because it makes me smile for multiple reasons.

342716630_241482925085314_1019624972322537059_n.jpg

If you listen to the Beatles Channel on SiriusXM, you'll recognize Laura Cantrell's name from the George Harrison-themed show she hosts on weekends, Dark Horse Radio. She sings with Erik Vincent Huey on his new single. Dang, I could listen to her sing all day.

It sounds more like the band, The Raspberries trying to be Paul McCartney.
People complaining about the new AI Beatles tune remind me of this sketch:

This is literally AI-generated Beatles - pulling back Lennon and Harrison from the grave to sing. Come on folks, this is amazing stuff.

Lucinda Williams with help from Mr & Mrs Springsteen.

New York Comeback

Despite being a very big fan of the Foo Fighters, I guess I hadn't known that Dave Grohl's mother (who he was very close with) had passed away only a few months after Taylor Hawkins.....and only about a couple weeks before the Tribute Concerts that they put on. That said.....they released another one of the songs, called 'The Teacher' from the new album 'But Here We Are' that's out on Friday. His mother had been a HS teacher, btw.

Think it's their best song since the album 'Wasting Light' came out over twelve years ago.

Despite being a very big fan of the Foo Fighters, I guess I hadn't known that Dave Grohl's mother (who he was very close with) had passed away only a few months after Taylor Hawkins.....and only about a couple weeks before the Tribute Concerts that they put on. That said.....they released another one of the songs, called 'The Teacher' from the new album 'But Here We Are' that's out on Friday. His mother had been a HS teacher, btw.

Think it's their best song since the album 'Wasting Light' came out over twelve years ago.

Dave and his mother, Virginia, worked on a book together about musicians and their mothers. They did a bunch of interviews from it and I found her to be quite impressive.

Ran across the band 'Teenage Wrist' this past week and have been consumed. Basically 90's alt-rock with a dose of shoegaze tossed in. Right up my alley. First album came out in 2018.

Last edited:

Their new album coming out in a month or so. Only three songs released so far. I like them all.

New tunes on the way from Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit, album titled Weathervanes is due out on June 9th.

The promo trailer voiced by ESPN's Wright Thompson has me completely stoked.

First single, Death Wish

I spent the weekend listening to Weathervanes, a half dozen times.

It's a really special collection of songs for Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit. Time will tell, but I think it's right up there with Southeastern & Something More Than Free. I realize that is high praise, but I think these songs deliver, and I look forward to seeing them live.

Here's a link to a live version from NPR of Cast Iron Skillet. Interesting fashion statement Isbell is wearing with the "shorts."

I spent the weekend listening to Weathervanes, a half dozen times.

It's a really special collection of songs for Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit. Time will tell, but I think it's right up there with Southeastern & Something More Than Free. I realize that is high praise, but I think these songs deliver, and I look forward to seeing them live.

Here's a link to a live version from NPR of Cast Iron Skillet. Interesting fashion statement Isbell is wearing with the "shorts."

Pretty easy to tell from Weathervanes that This Ain't It would quickly be a live anthem for Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit. Here it is from a few days ago joined by a Seattle local and the lead guitar player of Mad Season, Mike McCready.

Metalcore is an interesting new subgenre. I don't really much care for screaming vocals.....but some of this is hitting for me. Bad Omens has gotten quite a bit of attention recently....which is completely warranted, imo. I didn't much care for their first two albums.....but this newest one is very good from start to finish. Their lead singer has unreal vocal range.

Then we have 'Polaris'. Jesus.....the guitar work by this band. The riffs are just awesome. They have a bunch of bangers.

Noah Gundersen's new album 'If This Is The End' was released today. The entire album is excellent. He deserves way more recognition than he gets.

Top Bottom