NEW MUSIC

stocker08

Reaction score
:love::love::love::love::love:

Failure put out a new EP, 'Wild Type Droid', over the weekend. Despite really good albums released by Royal Blood, Chevelle, Chvrches, and Wolf Alice.....this is probably my album of the year. Short at 39 minutes and only ten songs.....but great all the way through. 'Half Moon' is absolutely wonderful. 'Water with Hands', 'Headstand', 'Bring Back the Sound', and 'Submarines' are all standouts as well. Not a filler track on the album.

stocker08

Reaction score
Follow up on Failure's 'Wild Type Droid'. After repeated listen throughs....it is absolutely my album of the year.....and is destined to join 'Fantastic Planet' as one of my favorite albums of all time. It's simply one of the best albums to come out in years.

stocker08

Reaction score
For anyone who is a fan of 90's rock....I came across a band name Superbloom recently. Released their debut 'Pollen' this year. The influence of grunge and alt rock superhits.....are obvious. I personally don't see this as a ripoff.....more like a tribute with the direct comparisons I could hear. Sounds like an album that would have crushed 25 years ago. That's a compliment. Very fun album!

Sounds like a more modern....heavier Stone Temple Pilots. Bridge has a riff that is basically straight out of 'Hey Johnny Park' by the Foo Fighters.

Very Green Day, Blink 182, Sum 41ish

Heavy shades of 'Sliver' and 'Polly' - Nirvana

'Whatever' is a ton of Nirvana's 'Nevermind' all rolled together. Even the name suggests a tribute.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Apologies: this is far from new...but it's new to me. Just discovered Waxahatchee and their beautiful 2020 release Saint Cloud recently. Better late than never.

Top Bottom