New Coaches

Someone tell me how I should be feeling??

LOL! Kidding, excited to hear people's breakdown.

Is this the same guy who said Conroy was heading to Utah State?

I know Thorson. I saw the resume of Kemp. Looks good but low level experience. Nice to see a third with some high major experience.

Last edited:

Someone tell me how I should be feeling??

LOL! Kidding, excited to hear people's breakdown.
Good experience all around. My analysis is that Ben is going to be doing a lot of the heavy lifting for recruiting. Thorson should have a large responsibility of installing actions and heavily assisting Ben in the gameplaning.

Curious to learn more about the other two.

McNeilly's bio

Things I like:
* years with Buzz Williams--I've always gotten the impression that Buzz is a strong teacher who gets the most of his talent and really develops that talent into NBA caliber (Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder, as two examples).
* 11 years with Buzz, working his way up through the program as he has leads one to believe that he has a really strong understanding of the entire aspect of program building
* Love the Canadian connection--it's become a really fertile breeding ground for players--hoping this will translate into getting recruits from there.

Final thought:
I hope to the Lord above this is finalized and complete soon-my work productivity has been severely affected these past couple weeks. Now I can concentrate of the transfer portal instead of the assistant coaches thread ;-)

sweet....hope this is final....

Pumped we got Thorson on board.
McNiely seems like a solid get! really like his experience
Kemp i dont know anything about but midwest connections....

Justin Gaard says to pump the brakes on one of the names, so may not be final yet.

Does anyone know if this is a promotion/pay raise for McNeilly or if he has any connections to BJ or Thorson?

Also wonder why there was so much delay getting him finalized as the top assistant.

McNeilly's bio

Things I like:
* years with Buzz Williams--I've always gotten the impression that Buzz is a strong teacher who gets the most of his talent and really develops that talent into NBA caliber (Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder, as two examples).
* 11 years with Buzz, working his way up through the program as he has leads one to believe that he has a really strong understanding of the entire aspect of program building
* Love the Canadian connection--it's become a really fertile breeding ground for players--hoping this will translate into getting recruits from there.

Final thought:
I hope to the Lord above this is finalized and complete soon-my work productivity has been severely affected these past couple weeks. Now I can concentrate of the transfer portal instead of the assistant coaches thread ;-)
definitely cuts down on the threads

lol. . .when I saw the tweet I immediately went and played some She Doesn't Mind and Get Busy.

barney-stinson.gif

Top Bottom