Nebraska under investigation

Yeah they got a rough schedule, not a good time to be desperate to show progress...
Former NebTech AD Bill Moos was shown the door when he said in an interview that 8 to 9 wins was a “realistic expectation” for Scott Frost in year 4 (coming 2021 season). NebTech has a pretty difficult schedule, indeed. Wonder where Moos thought the 8 or 9 wins would come from? Or was he just setting up Frost for failure and firing?

Former NebTech AD Bill Moos was shown the door when he said in an interview that 8 to 9 wins was a “realistic expectation” for Scott Frost in year 4 (coming 2021 season). NebTech has a pretty difficult schedule, indeed. Wonder where Moos thought the 8 or 9 wins would come from? Or was he just setting up Frost for failure and firing?
Maybe he meant 8 or 9 wins in Scunt Frost's tenure................. Nebraska math says that's "realistic".

Maybe Moos is on the loose because anyone with a brain knows Shitbraska cannot win more than 6 games in a legitimate conference with rules that need to be followed.

Maybe he meant 8 or 9 wins in Scunt Frost's tenure................. Nebraska math says that's "realistic".

Maybe Moos is on the loose because anyone with a brain knows Shitbraska cannot win more than 6 games in a legitimate conference with rules that need to be followed.
No need to sugar coat your opinion. Feel free to tell us how you really feel about Frosty and NebTech.😏

At least two different articles are speculating that this may be an effort by someone connected with the Neb program to force Frost out. One article claimed that information is getting leaked to the media - that just happens to paint Frost in a bad light - including the tidbit that Frost was the one pushing Neb to get out of the Oklahoma game.

Gawd help me - I may actually be forced to root for Bulimia when Neb faces Ill in the season opener. Is there any chance that a meteor can hit the stadium and take both of them out at the same time?

Is new Nebraska AD laying ground works to fire Frosty if things goes horribly bad this season?
They are planning on serving roasted goose with marmalade. Frosty is standing next to the butcher in the press conference.

Trev Alberts looked spit-shined sharpening the proverbial knife. Frosty looked like a goose dragged out of the cornfield. What symbolism!

The oven is warming up. His goose will cook in a slow roast. 🍗

"We want you to know that his goose will be cooked." "Unfortunately, we are not at liberty to tell you when that will happen."

Last edited:

@NikkiSixx of the Husker Board posted this yesterday:

"I wonder if this isn't already a done deal.

My thinking goes back to last year, with all the B1G drama and proverbial middle fingers given to the conference by Scott.

I think our current president and the BOR made it very clear with the Trev hire, that they are doubling down on the B1G. The messaging after the announcement was very much Pro B1G, without even being prompted about it.

I am starting to think it doesn't matter what Scott's record is this year.. it's possible he's been targeted for removal just because of what happened last year.

This might not be at all about winning football games, but rather not wanting to jeopardize the B1G grant money."

Interesting take. What exactly did Frosty say or do to piss off the Big Ten Commissioner? An internal leak might be intentional. It sounds like his goose is really cooked.

There's more from @HuskerFan66:

"Maybe I'm interpreting things wrong but an article I read said " the school that reported the violations has a lot of video evidence". This leads me to believe it's not an individual or it could just be sloppy writing OR I read it wrong.

For the conspiracy theorists that also doesn't rule out NU self reporting. One thing I find odd is Frost personally lawyering up. AND you keep getting the headlines that Coach Frost is under investigation rather than Nebraska. Seems a little odd to me. You would think that university lawyers would be there to represent their personel. Seems to be a disassociation going on here."

Commissioner Warren might be asking, "What have you done for us lately?"

Last edited:

That was kinda a weird statement by Moos... not wrong, but that's a rough measuring stick to put out with a difficult schedule.

My thinking goes back to last year, with all the B1G drama and proverbial middle fingers given to the conference by Scott.

I think our current president and the BOR made it very clear with the Trev hire, that they are doubling down on the B1G. The messaging after the announcement was very much Pro B1G, without even being prompted about it.

I am starting to think it doesn't matter what Scott's record is this year.. it's possible he's been targeted for removal just because of what happened last year.

This might not be at all about winning football games, but rather not wanting to jeopardize the B1G grant money."

Interesting take. What exactly did Frosty say or do to piss off the Big Ten Commissioner? An internal leak might be intentional. It sounds like his goose is really cooked.

Commissioner Warren might be asking, "What have you done for us lately?"
Ehhhhhh that's silly.

There's a lot of "OMG B1G is out to get us" conspiracy theory type stuff out there.

I don't think think the Big 10 commissioner is getting anyone fired.... that's just not how the whole thing works.

I'm sure they'll be all "SEE THEY DID IT" when he gets fired but it will because his teams were bad at football...

When the BIG Commish listened to the BIG ADs he announced that because of the pandemic there would be no BIG football.
In retrospect that was a wise decision.
NE and tOSU protested. The latter because they had a shot at the national championship and the former because, well, because they are delusional.
NE puffed out their chests and said they were so prepared because of how the team practiced, illegaly, all summer that they were going to ignore what the Commish said and play anybody.
The BIG squelched that and when the revised schedule for that bastard of a season came out and NE drew t0SU as their first game they whined and cried at the unfairness of it.
In short NE was just being NE.

Ehhhhhh that's silly.

There's a lot of "OMG B1G is out to get us" conspiracy theory type stuff out there.

I don't think think the Big 10 commissioner is getting anyone fired.... that's just not how the whole thing works.

I'm sure they'll be all "SEE THEY DID IT" when he gets fired but it will because his teams were bad at football...
Without a doubt, they wanted to get rid of the wunderkind in an efficacious way. He is bad at coaching and running a football program.

Nebraska wants to have a place at the Big Ten dinner table. They will exorcise whatever they think is a detriment to that end.

Wow. I agree with a Boomtime post.
I knew there was hope for you!;)

Frost hiring an attorney after this recent report suggests things are going to get messy.

I think there's a very good chance there is some behind the scenes negotiating going on and Scotty too Hotty might not be the HC by the end of the season. And all this dysfunction certainly can't help preparation for the season.

Last edited:

Frost hiring an attorney after this recent report suggests things are going to get messy.

I think there's a very good chance there is some behind the scenes negotiating going on and Scotty too Hotty might not be the HC by the end of the season. And all this dysfunction certainly can't help preparation for the season.
It will save NE by 20 million if they can fire for cause. No brainer.

Last edited:

It will save Me by 20 million if they can fire for cause. No brainer.
The distraction for the football program a week before the season starts will just be another excuse Husker fans will use to explain another losing season.

While the practice thing/analyst might seem like a minor infraction, by rules, it's still an infraction.

Most teams would use the chaos to "circle the wagons", so to speak. Unfortunately for Husker fans, I don't think there's enough talent on the team to do that.

Fleck better stomp these fools.

The distraction for the football program a week before the season starts will just be another excuse Husker fans will use to explain another losing season. ... While the practice thing/analyst might seem like a minor infraction, by rules, it's still an infraction.

Most teams would use the chaos to "circle the wagons", so to speak. Unfortunately for Husker fans, I don't think there's enough talent on the team to do that.

Fleck better stomp these fools.
I would think the Gophers have the right shoe sizes dialed in.

Last edited:

Without a doubt, they wanted to get rid of the wunderkind in an efficacious way. He is bad at coaching and running a football program.

Nebraska wants to have a place at the Big Ten dinner table. They will exorcise whatever they think is a detriment to that end.
Frost is lawyering up because the difference between firing him for being a crappy coach (without cause) and firing him for repeated, secretive NCAA violations (with cause) is Frost’s $20 Million buyout clause. I suspect Frost sleepwalks through this season, maybe hits six wins maybe doesn’t, and then, whether he is fired or resigns, he will end up with a negotiated severance deal that is way less than $20 M and way, way more than zero. The chess match, with the new AD on the other side, is already underway.

Frost is lawyering up because the difference between firing him for being a crappy coach (without cause) and firing him for repeated, secretive NCAA violations (with cause) is Frost’s $20 Million buyout clause. I suspect Frost sleepwalks through this season, maybe hits six wins maybe doesn’t, and then, whether he is fired or resigns, he will end up with a negotiated severance deal that is way less than $20 M and way, way more than zero. The chess match, with the new AD on the other side, is already underway.
I suppose his comments about the admin knowing is his only tool for fighting back at all, and the lawyer is just there to bring that point home while negotiating the buyout.

No need to sugar coat your opinion. Feel free to tell us how you really feel about Frosty and NebTech.😏
Apologies. I went overboard a little bit. I had a couple (too many) adult beverages and probably shouldn't have written some of that. That's why I don't allow myself farcebook like membership. All in fun though.

Apologies. I went overboard a little bit. I had a couple (too many) adult beverages and probably shouldn't have written some of that. That's why I don't allow myself farcebook like membership. All in fun though.
I understand …. been there. It was fun, too. Frost dislike is near epidemic proportions. I was just having a little fun myself.

Last edited:

I suppose his comments about the admin knowing is his only tool for fighting back at all, and the lawyer is just there to bring that point home while negotiating the buyout.
Yup … but two wrongs don’t make a right. Should be an interesting soap opera this year as NebTech tries to separate from Frost … unless he wins 9-10 games, in which case he becomes the bee AD.

This is pretty much the only box Frost had left unchecked among the list things dragging the program down. He is thorough. Have to hand that to him.
saw frost and the Nebraska AD on television interview regarding the investigation...Frost looked like a little boy standing there with nothing to say...what a joke. Nebraska has to be embarrassed by his actions AND appearance. Send them packing...get rid of them once and for all. Nebraska is not worthy of being in the BIG TEN.

saw frost and the Nebraska AD on television interview regarding the investigation...Frost looked like a little boy standing there with nothing to say...what a joke. Nebraska has to be embarrassed by his actions AND appearance. Send them packing...get rid of them once and for all. Nebraska is not worthy of being in the BIG TEN.
Give him a break.

He probably saw someone wearing a hoodie and was shaken up.

Yup … but two wrongs don’t make a right. Should be an interesting soap opera this year as NebTech tries to separate from Frost … unless he wins 9-10 games, in which case he becomes the bee AD.
Gee Whiz Louise! I am missing Bo Pellini, his cat, and Faux Pellini more already! I guess we are going to entertain ourselves with Frosty'd goosey-loosey foibles.

I think the behind-the-scenes negotiation is going well like this, except for a considerably smaller amount called the Frosty Special. WARNING: Foul Language

Last edited:

Frost said the administration okayed it.
He's trying to blame it all on Moos.

A lot of Nebraska fans like to credit Frost as being no-nonsense and stoic and hard-nosed.

But I don't think he's really stoic or no-nonsense. He's just too dumb to deal with anything deeper than "Play football. Be tough. Lift weights!"

I think the Nebraska vs Illinois game will tell us an awful lot about how Nebby's season shakes out. Lose to Illinois and Frost is probably not sniffing six wins... meaning no bowl.

The football coach is usually the AD's signature hire. Albert's will have plenty of ammo to get rid of him.

Its time to rally for Scott Frost, he is good for one win a year.

Save Scott!!!

Its time to rally for Scott Frost, he is good for one win a year.

Save Scott!!!

Scott Frost might be the Christian Ponder of Nebraska football.

Someone people believe in just enough to keep around too long.

i will be very sad to see frost go
Have a bad feeling they're finally going to get it right and hire an up-and-coming coach from Mountain West or MAC. Campbell at Iowa State, Fleck at Minnesota, etc.

Have a bad feeling they're finally going to get it right and hire an up-and-coming coach from Mountain West or MAC. Campbell at Iowa State, Fleck at Minnesota, etc.
No offense, but I have never wanted anyone to be more wrong. But I agree. After watching this fiasco against Illannoys, the wheels are moving faster than before. Dead man walking. I wonder if this is his first time in life experienceing complete and absolute failure. I hope PJ doesn't hire him and start doing the Saban model of taking failed coaches and giving them a second life. I know he would never work "under" PJ. His arrogance is too much.

Top Bottom