Nebraska under investigation

humor aside, with NIL aren't scholarship reductions now useless? just like at BYU, a company can now pick up the tuition fees for any athlete, including walk ons.

any chance there's enough here that the big ten Council of Presidents and Chancellors would invite nebraska to join the big 12?
With Texas and OU out of the way, Neb could potentially win the conference!

With all the transfers (whistleblowers) in and out of schools you would think the cheating might be lowered. We will see.

With all the transfers (whistleblowers) in and out of schools you would think the cheating might be lowered. We will see.
You'd think someone would have caught Sandusky earlier ... but nope.

Nassar earlier ... nope.

indeed. I 'm all for Nebraska finding a shallower pool
Give me "P5 schools, for $2000 please".

Question: "These schools are former members of the Big 8, like Nebraska, but are members of the AAU and actually deserve to be in the Big Ten over the Huskers."

"What are .... Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, and Iowa State."

CORRECT!!

Also included in the reporting is that Frost was one of the proponents of trying to get out of playing OU. If I recall correctly, when this story was originally reported in the spring Frost said he wasn't sure where the idea came from and former AD Moos took the heat. The report now is that Frost pushed for the change without Moos' involvement or knowledge, at least initially. My guess is that to the Nebraska fan base being afraid of Oklahoma is a much bigger sin than violating NCAA or school practice and coaching rules.

Also included in the reporting is that Frost was one of the proponents of trying to get out of playing OU. If I recall correctly, when this story was originally reported in the spring Frost said he wasn't sure where the idea came from and former AD Moos took the heat. The report now is that Frost pushed for the change without Moos' involvement or knowledge, at least initially. My guess is that to the Nebraska fan base being afraid of Oklahoma is a much bigger sin than violating NCAA or school practice and coaching rules.
Even before Moos was pushed out word had it among Neb fan that Frost went AROUND Moos to try to get the game rescheduled.

It didn't work when OU was all: LOL WUT LOLOLOL!?!?!

No idea why anyone thought OU would reschedule.

So let's say at Neb someone wants to fire Frost for this and even shaft him for the money.

Who is going to push this?

Nobody at Nebraska seems to be driving the athletics bus.

Moos supposedly had Frost going around him, and Moos supposedly wasn't even around much.

The new AD... it's not clear to me whose hire that guy was. There were rumors the sudden / early AD change this summer was a power move by football boosters & Frost.... would they be ok with Frost getting hired?

It seems like Nebraska school administration is / has been all "fuck whatever you football guys want just go away and do your thing".

Maybe this is seroius enough for the fans to toss Frost already ... it would be the smart choice for sure. But I duno if there is that will to do so / who is going to lead that fight.

So let's say at Neb someone wants to fire Frost for this and even shaft him for the money.

Who is going to push this?

Nobody at Nebraska seems to be driving the athletics bus.

Moos supposedly had Frost going around him, and Moos supposedly wasn't even around much.

The new AD... it's not clear to me whose hire that guy was. There were rumors the sudden / early AD change this summer was a power move by football boosters & Frost.... would they be ok with Frost getting hired?

It seems like Nebraska school administration is / has been all "fuck whatever you football guys want just go away and do your thing".

Maybe this is seroius enough for the fans to toss Frost already ... it would be the smart choice for sure. But I duno if there is that will to do so / who is going to lead that fight.
Personally, although I can't stand the douche, I'd kind of want the guy to stick around. Can't have too many incompetents on the schedule. He does provide some humor as the stereotypical football coach. And he'll never pull Nebraska past the assholes to the east and the assholes to the south, but it's nice to have another conference school to hate.

Feels like he may be a dead man walking. Will this affect his Natty at UCF?

Personally, although I can't stand the douche, I'd kind of want the guy to stick around. Can't have too many incompetents on the schedule. He does provide some humor as the stereotypical football coach. And he'll never pull Nebraska past the assholes to the east and the assholes to the south, but it's nice to have another conference school to hate.
If Frost can't get it done at Nebraska I think lean times are ahead for the Cornhuskers -- one would assume it would scare away the best candidates.
Feels like he may be a dead man walking. Will this affect his Natty at UCF?
I hope the Colley Matrix doesn't let these foibles affect the legitimate national championship for UCF

Saw that Frosty has lawyered up already. Not a good sign for him or Nebraska.
Maybe he is just going to go the Will Wade or Sean Miller route. Lawyer up. Say nothing. Tell NCAA to get bent.

I hope they don't punish Nebraska, I want them to stay exactly where and how they are right now for the next 5-10 years.

This is kind of where I'm at, and this is exactly how I felt about Lovie Smith at Illinois; incompetent all the way around, and a gift to the B1G West for as long as he was at the helm. Brohm is approaching that status as well, especially in the likability category, if he continues to not take the next step.

With no Frost, Trev Alberts could maybe swing for the fences with the next hire and do a lot better than Frost, but I'm not sure how successful he would be in doing that.

If Frost can't get it done at Nebraska I think lean times are ahead for the Cornhuskers -- one would assume it would scare away the best candidates.

I hope the Colley Matrix doesn't let these foibles affect the legitimate national championship for UCF
Naw NEB has $$$ to spend. A few scholarships (oh hey NIL deals just fixed that...) and some bowl eligibility won't stop someone from taking the job.

Naw NEB has $$$ to spend. A few scholarships (oh hey NIL deals just fixed that...) and some bowl eligibility won't stop someone from taking the job.
Someone will take the job, I merely meant I don't think the best candidates will be signing up

This is clearly Moos burning it down. He also threw frost under bus about Oklahoma scheduling story.

there is a chance Nebraska is cooperating to give themselves a cheaper out after the season. Sanctions won’t be too much for that if they want to keep him….but might be enough to lessen the buyout if they don’t

Didn't know the NCAA could investigate a program for underachieving. What will they think of next?

Someone will take the job, I merely meant I don't think the best candidates will be signing up
I think their history of sucking will be the bigger stumbling block... but money fixes ALL that.

Did somebody in Lincoln rat in order to find a fireable offense?

Did somebody in Lincoln rat in order to find a fireable offense?
I think more likely someone heard from someone and they did the required cursory check that ould normally find nothing ..... and Frost or some stupid coach was dumb enough to record it with their school phone.

I think more likely someone heard from someone and they did the required cursory check that ould normally find nothing ..... and Frost or some stupid coach was dumb enough to record it with their school phone.
I'd think it would be more likely that a player recorded it. Or if it was a coach, he wasn't stupidly doing it, he was doing it to reveal it later, like maybe he was worried about Covid but Frost told him to coach this.

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone explain the reason NCAA has the rule regarding analysts in place. From the article it says: "NCAA rules allow analysts to speak to assistants and the head coach, but analysts may not have direct contact with the players. This includes practices, film room hours and during games."

Do the analysts give an unfair advantage?

The real investigation should be if the analysts were sandbagging or something. How do you cheat and get a competitive disadvantage out of it?

Top Bottom