Nebraska to retain Frost

Option A: do nothing.
Option B: re-write a contract and save $8.5 million.

Are you actually surprised that an organization would choose option B? I believe that every single Fortune 500 company would choose option B if given those two choices.
Yes, if that's the only options available.

I was thinking about option C: get rid of him now. And was not exaggerating when I said $8 million is pocket change. They have a guy by the name of Warren Buffett to fall back on. So unless Warren has finally cut them off they don't need to worry too much about $8 million. They must still think Frost will be the answer or they think they still owe him something.

Also, there is one often overlooked thing that happens when a program struggles for years and years. Bigwig supporters like Warren Buffett die and they are hard to replace. Warren must be in his late 80s by now.

Last edited:

Go Gophers!!

Matt Lubick is a highly creative and seriously good offensive football coach, particularly as pertains to the passing game. Given our own offensive difficulties, it'd be a pretty tantalizing prospect to give him a call after the season if we decided to move on from Sanford or Sanford from us.

Matt Lubick is a highly creative and seriously good offensive football coach, particularly as pertains to the passing game. Given our own offensive difficulties, it'd be a pretty tantalizing prospect to give him a call after the season if we decided to move on from Sanford or Sanford from us.
He is so good he runs the 106th best red zone scoring offense in the country

and just got fired for not being able to win games at Nebraska

I think Frost should change things up by poaching a new OC from a bitter rival.....

There were Kill to Nebraska rumors back in the day...
They could lock up 7-9 win seasons forever with kill.
which they fired previous coaches for but now might take.

I think if he was younger and not having his medical history he would have to be a serious candidate. If he was younger and not having his medical history he might not be available.

Depends. In football, knowing a HC has such a short leash will hinder recruiting for at least two years. Nebraska is struggling in that area, anyway. If you're a high school star, Nebraska is irrelevant right now. Every year away from the "glory days" makes it even harder to return.

I said this in another post, the $20M buyout likely wasn't going to be a lump sum payment.

And with Frost, his personal life is a mess too. That has to play into the results.

B1G teams and fans are probably thrilled by Monday's events.
It is extremely well known that Frost has a short leash whether option A or B is taken. Option B likely saves $8.5 million though or allows $8.5 million to be used elsewhere.

I heard a very brilliant offensive mind OC could be available. I hope Frosty is not going to miss out on him. It is very closed to UNL too. :sneaky:

What if Forsty hires Matt Simons as OC ? I don't think he will though. I think their AD is defiantly looking for a more experienced OC.

Top Bottom