Just catching bad breaks at bad time.
Bad bounces.
We'll get our breaks.
Just gotta make a play.
They made a play.
We didn't make a play.

Didn't make enough plays.

Need to avoid mistakes.

He just says the same things each week, but I don't think he has any idea how to better coach his team to execute and not make mistakes.
You sound like a Nebbie fan...

I cannot double down on this enough. I want an 84-13 game against shitbraska going in our favor this time.

I'm in for it. In the last 4 years the Gophers have won by 33, 27, and with half the team not making the trip to Lincoln. Let's toss one more log on the fire this October

The best part is that if you read the Lincoln Sports page...they (the newspaper and the Shitbraska fans) still refer to their team as the stellar Blackshirts...WTF ...they were wearing white jerseys. Hey dumf 'F' Shitbraska fans...it's 2021.

Ugh Burt getting the win

Nebraska fans have to be melting down
I really dislike Brett, but I get just a little more satisfaction out of the Huskers taking the L.

I did pop into the Husker Online game thread for a min and melting down is an understatement.

Last edited:

That is unreal. And Brewster actually made a bowl game.
At least Brewster had an excuse as he was never a head coach prior to MN, but Frost came in after an undefeated season at UCF.

If y'all haven't watched corn nation's reaction on you tube it's a must.. this guy is why I love nebby losing

Total crap that there weren’t more games today. :mad:

Let me repeat:

Downtrodden Nebraska coaches usually get fired after they lose to the Gophers.

Bo Pellini lost to the Gophers 28-24 on November 22, 2014. He was fired on November 30.

Mike Riley lost to the Gophers 54-21 on November 11, 2017. He was fired on November 22.

Scott Frost is hoping that he wins six games before Nebraska plays the Gophers.
Scott Frost is going to be channeling Jim Mora and hope he can win any games!

As much as I like to see Frost and the Huskers stay down, deep down I was rooting for them. Illinois, with its proximity to three large recruiting markets in Chicago, St. Louis and Indianapolis, could (should?) be more of a sleeping giant than modern Nebraska. I hate Butt Bielema but he's a good proven coach in the BG10.

On a positive note, I was impressed how Artur Sitkowski performed for Illinois at QB after he got into a rhythm. He was mostly bad at Rutgers but he did a fine job yesterday.

On a positive note, I was impressed how Artur Sitkowski performed for Illinois at QB after he got into a rhythm. He was mostly bad at Rutgers but he did a fine job yesterday.
Yep. Lucky for Bertie that he transferred in! Not sure who would've been the backup otherwise.

Even if the two extra points aren't missed and you don't have the dumb safety, 24-28 obviously still doesn't matter. Too many mistakes early (captain obvious). Good for Neb to not give up when they got down 9-30.

Martinez really can beat you with his legs. And he can pass, sometimes. He is who we thought he was.

Playing both at home, and assuming no crazy stuff/injuries, I'd like to think we'll win both.

Last edited:

As much as I like to see Frost and the Huskers stay down, deep down I was rooting for them. Illinois, with its proximity to three large recruiting markets in Chicago, St. Louis and Indianapolis, could (should?) be more of a sleeping giant than modern Nebraska. I hate Butt Bielema but he's a good proven coach in the BG10.

Yes, not only does Illinois have proximity to large recruiting markets, but the state has been one of the better midwestern recruiting markets for our team so a rise in their program could have a negative recruiting effect for our program.

That is unreal. And Brewster actually made a bowl game.

Brewster was 13-13 in years 2 and 3
He was 14-19 in years 2-4 when he got fired.
The 1-6 team finished that year going 2-3 in the final 5.

one of frosts biggest issues is the talent is currently worse at many important positions than when he arrived. Particularly running back and wide receiver. Brewster at least did address some talent gaps from year 1 to year 2-3.

I still think if Trumain Brock doesn’t get booted out of school Brewster probably gets fired at the end of year 4 instead of mid season.

Last edited:

Barry ran the show in Wisconsin and was running it while Bielema was there.

He then went to Arkansas(plenty of talent around there) and fell flat on his face.

I believe he was a product of Barry, and he will fail miserably at Illinois. I will be interested in watching it all play out.

Reality is that was a very close game among two evenly-matched teams. It really all came down to the scoop and score (and missed PATs and a few mistakes). This game shows why teams just take a knee at the end of the half rather than playing desperate when you’re not actually desperate yet.

I just hope our guys are a lot better, and a lot better prepared, than either of them.

Barry ran the show in Wisconsin and was running it while Bielema was there.

He then went to Arkansas(plenty of talent around there) and fell flat on his face.

I believe he was a product of Barry, and he will fail miserably at Illinois. I will be interested in watching it all play out.

Just speculating, but Bielema was able to get massive O-lineman at Wiscy which enabled them to recruit top skill positions especially at RB. I don't know if he ever had the ability to get that level of talent at Arkansas with it being the red-headed stepchild of the SEC. He could potentially get Wiscy level of talent at Illinois if not better, but you're right in that being a program re-building coach is a different talent than coaching an established program. Time will tell.

my "big" question for the game - just what does Bielema weigh now?

I may not be one of those "guess your weight" guys from the county fair, but I'd say he's got to be hitting 325 to 350 easy. If he gets any bigger, he could be a float in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

If y'all haven't watched corn nation's reaction on you tube it's a must.. this guy is why I love nebby losing
That guy is awesome, one of you needs to do that for Gopher Football.

Best quote.
"Maybe things will get better. They won't, give up hope. Fuck everything."
🤣🤣🤣

In the run-up to the game I heard someone quote Bert as saying "The best way to start winning is to stop losing" or similar.

Not quite up there with Yogi Berra's "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" quote but close.

Anywho, the Ilini won so 1 W down and we'll see how many follow. Only crocodile tears from me on Nebbie's loss.

That guy is awesome, one of you needs to do that for Gopher Football.

Best quote.
"Maybe things will get better. They won't, give up hope. Fuck everything."
🤣🤣🤣
And the guy lives in Minnesota too!

In the run-up to the game I heard someone quote Bert as saying "The best way to start winning is to stop losing" or similar.

Not quite up there with Yogi Berra's "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" quote but close.

Anywho, the Ilini won so 1 W down and we'll see how many follow. Only crocodile tears from me on Nebbie's loss.

I actually love the quote! It's almost a Fleckism. Minimizing penalties, turnovers and stupid mistakes goes a long ways.

Top Bottom