Nebraska and Illinois.....in two days!

kg21

Reaction score
Normally I'd want Illinois to win all day. Fat Boy is now head coach and I can't stand him.

Nebraska is Nebraska and has the high and mighty Frost.

Who are you cheering for here?

I guess I will go with Illinois, but dang...............

Normally I'd want Illinois to win all day. Fat Boy is now head coach and I can't stand him.

Illinois! Nebraska schadenfreude > Illinois schadenfreude

I married a Lincoln native, UNL alum.

Go Illinois!

(100% sure I would not have married her if Nebraska was a B10 member when I met her)

I've never had any issues with Illinois. Enjoyed the Flying Illini back in '89, enjoyed the '05 Illini, football wise, I even enjoyed watching Juice Williams & Rashad Mendenhall. Even when they beat Minnesota, their fans never seem like they're spouting off about it. Dislike Purdue much more than I ever have Illinois.

After Minnesota, Illinois & Michigan State have always been my favorite other Big Ten schools.....

Martinez makes me nervous. I think he has more upside than any BIG QB. Plus he ran for 7 TD's and 5.7 YD/PC

Stats
CMPATTCMP%YDSAVGTDINTLNGRTG

I've never had any issues with Illinois. Enjoyed the Flying Illini back in '89, enjoyed the '05 Illini, football wise, I even enjoyed watching Juice Williams & Rashad Mendenhall. Even when they beat Minnesota, their fans never seem like they're spouting off about it. Dislike Purdue much more than I ever have Illinois.

After Minnesota, Illinois & Michigan State have always been my favorite other Big Ten schools.....
I agree with you on the Purdue v Illinois assessment. Since Mason arrived we are 14-5 against Illinois and 10-11 against Purdue which seems to gel with your feelings on the teams.

I really hate rooting for B.B.... with that said, let's go ILLINOIS!! I hate Nebby almost as much as I hate wi. The you tube meltdowns are soooo great..

I agree with you on the Purdue v Illinois assessment. Since Mason arrived we are 14-5 against Illinois and 10-11 against Purdue which seems to gel with your feelings on the teams.
Honestly, my dislike for Purdue has been more recent, mostly traced back to when Brohm arrived, along with some of their spouting fans that seem to think they're a lot better than they are, at least in terms of football.

I actually like Matt Painter & enjoy the transformation Joe Tiller brought to the Big Ten.

Honestly, my dislike for Purdue has been more recent, mostly traced back to when Brohm arrived, along with some of their spouting fans that seem to think they're a lot better than they are, at least in terms of football.

I actually like Matt Painter & enjoy the transformation Joe Tiller brought to the Big Ten.
I actually got into it in '19 with a group of Purdue fans leaving Ross-Ade. They wanted to confront me to let me know that Tyler Johnson's PI was bull and that we shouldn't be proud of barely beating Purdue 😂. I guess people probably feel the same about us as you do Purdue in this sense that we think we are better than we actually are.

I am torn as well. Really like the Illini, but their football coach?...not so much. Not a fan of Frost either. I'll cheer for the lightning storm cancellation.

I actually got into it in '19 with a group of Purdue fans leaving Ross-Ade. They wanted to confront me to let me know that Tyler Johnson's PI was bull and that we shouldn't be proud of barely beating Purdue 😂. I guess people probably feel the same about us as you do Purdue in this sense that we think we are better than we actually are.
That game wasn't as close as the final score. Gophers let up. Wouldn't say we barely beat them.

That game wasn't as close as the final score. Gophers let up. Wouldn't say we barely beat them.
From my vantage point -- the game was extremely close. If the PI isn't called, we punt the ball back to Purdue with 3 minutes remaining on ~ their own 35.

I'm happy with whoever loses and sad with whoever wins

but maybe slight edge to wanting Illinois to win

When rival fans within the Big 10 root for another Frost extension Nebraskans believe it's because we all recognize just what a great coach he is.

I'll take Illinois straight up on this game. Bielema far better than one-syllable Scott.

Last edited:

As I wrote before it will be an epic struggle between two teams one coached by BB, a professional barfly and skirt chaser vs Frost, a newbie but on the fast track to expert status in both.

Absolutely want to to the Illini win.The best comedy you could listen to is after a NE loss is on https://1620thezone.com/. Tune in as soon as the game ends, it goes on for hours of fans having a complete melt down.
Concur. Listened in real time driving home from the 2014 win in Lincoln. You knew Pellini totally blew the post-game presser with the fans and he was on the way out.

I was riding with my Husker family and had to keep my smiles in check as folks were jumping off the silos in the back yard.

This could turn into one of the all time great threads if during the game people just keep going back and forth between how shitty Frost is and how stupid and ugly Budgy Smuggler is.

Top Bottom