Nebby pounding Iowa

This is the reason if they keep divisions in two years, they must be revamped.

That game was going to mirror our game in many ways. I know there was more scoring but, Nebby misses a. chip shot, as did we. We fumbled around the 5 minute mark, so did Nebby. We had the great chance for the smith pick. Nebby had two great chances for a pick.

Once Iowa lost their best defensive player and their quarterback it was game over—you could tell they weren’t going to recover

Not really, it requires them to take 8 win team over 7 win teams
…….. that still requires them to select Minnesota over the other fanbases.

Bowl games make money from traveling fans. That’s all they care about. The Big Ten doesn’t give a ____ about doing it “fairly”.

Let’s all hope Nubby keeps their replacement coach. He obviously(yes, I know they won) is NOT head coach material. At best, maybe a wide receiver coach. The decisions he made in this game, he just about cost his players the win. Sad

During post game Nebby QB said he didn’t know they played Iowa for a trophy and doesn’t know anything about the B1G as he’s from Oklahoma. How embarrassing. Say what you want about PJ, but I‘m positive his young men have a grasp on their program’s history and the meaningfulness of rivalries.

Not really, it requires them to take 8 win team over 7 win teams
Bumping Penn State up last year resulted in embarrassment for the conference. Hopefully, they’ve learned their lesson. The SEC had to be ecstatic. They were scrounging for bowl wins outside of the CFP.

Bumping Penn State up last year resulted in embarrassment for the conference. Hopefully, they’ve learned their lesson. The SEC had to be ecstatic. They were scrounging for bowl wins outside of the CFP.
Embarrassment?? Lol no

TV ratings and payouts is literally all the conference gives a crap about. And keeping the bowl partners happy, which boils down to getting lots of fans to travel and get good TV ratings.

I was giving Indiana 30% and Northwestern 5% in that calculation.
IU is at home, beat MSU, and this is their best chance to have some kind of success for the season. I really think they have a 50/50 shot.

Wish I could say the same for NW.

During post game Nebby QB said he didn’t know they played Iowa for a trophy and doesn’t know anything about the B1G as he’s from Oklahoma. How embarrassing. Say what you want about PJ, but I‘m positive his young men have a grasp on their program’s history and the meaningfulness of rivalries.
Yeah I wonder what they tell these guys if they didn’t know…

“Hey man game this Friday, don’t forget about it…”

“Oh man thanks for reminding me!”

Embarrassment?? Lol no
We got to hear about how shitty the B1G is all day on every network, seen by the largest college football audience of the year, biggest football day of the year. Because the B1G put a team with a losing conference record in a New Year’s Day bowl game instead of one of the teams that beat them.

The major bowls have no say over who goes to what bowl anymore. All they do is put on a fun parade or whatever.

…….. that still requires them to select Minnesota over the other fanbases.

Bowl games make money from traveling fans. That’s all they care about. The Big Ten doesn’t give a ____ about doing it “fairly”.
Bowls make most money from TV. More than half are set up as nonprofits as well.

They West is so crazy to figure out. But I gotta say it is really great to have so many games with serious implications rather than two totally dominant teams. I wish every conference in football could be this way.
Totally agree - but the B10 may kill the East-West division that has created this fun.

Nebraska played from the outset to win. PH played Iowa as he always does—very conservatively, playing not to lose. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Top Bottom