Nebby pounding Iowa

Reaction score
Not surprised. We softened them up like mashed potatoes. Too bad we cannot beat those guys. Maybe some day.

The problem is iowas gonna need to score 30+ to win this game.

The problem is iowas gonna need to score 30+ to win this game.
IA has scored defensive and ST touchdowns seemingly at will this/last year, and NE is turnover prone. If IA wins, it’ll be because of 2 non-offensive TDs (or sets up the offense already in the red zone).

Hogeyes down 17 and playing Fleckball. Hog eye fans must know how we feel

Hogeyes down 17 and playing Fleckball. Hog eye fans must know how we feel
Every good team in the west does this.
Even Brohm does now.

The only team that doesn’t is Nebraska and that’s the team that always finds ways to lose

Most likely only need one more score to seal it but they are totally abandoning the downfield passing game

And Iowa with a really dumb penalty on the punt...

I think our DL is way worse this year…. but we held them to 13.

Defense wasn’t the problem.
Yeah I don’t get it. Anyone insulting the defense on anything other than the first 2 drives is ridiculous

What would be more embarrassing losing to Nebraska or getting crushed by Ohio St or Mich?

If Iowa were to lose, Purdue were to win the West and we beat Wisky tomorrow, it would for sure take some sting off this season.
Disagree. Failure to take advantage of the opportunity is a killer regardless

I figured Neb would surprise someone, their offense has shown signs of a spark, but it sputtered a lot this year.

Some game I figured it would get going.

I think our DL is way worse this year…. but we held them to 13.

Defense wasn’t the problem.

the point:
Iowa's QB's don't handle pressure. The few times the Gophers blitzed or sent extra rushers, they had success. T-Time with the sack, and BO14 with a shot at a sack that he missed.

If you're not getting pressure rushing four, then send more rushers, and trust your secondary.

I'm not saying the defense was bad. I'm saying they could have been more effective with a different strategy.

the point:
Iowa's QB's don't handle pressure. The few times the Gophers blitzed or sent extra rushers, they had success. T-Time with the sack, and BO14 with a shot at a sack that he missed.

If you're not getting pressure rushing four, then send more rushers, and trust your secondary.

I'm not saying the defense was bad. I'm saying they could have been more effective with a different strategy.
Maybe but blitz when Iowas passing success was to the TE, what should be covered by a LB often… gambling when you’re defense is already doing well.

Top Bottom