NDSU VS MINN III --- IM BAAAACK!!

No sane, reasonable Bison fan thinks that NDSU's next step is the Rose bowl. Sure, they may be excited about the team and the game with the Gophers - but (deep down) they know that the programs are not anywhere close to the same level.

So long as NDSU keeps playing for "national championships" in football that don't mean anything (any football championship with "NCAA" on it), it will never be a serious college football program. My hope is that within 5-10 years they'll get an invitation from a lower level FBS conferences (that's the only way a school can move up now) and will take that opportunity.

You've opened a whole new can of worms. Way to cut off little brother UMD at the knees. This is the kind of arrogance/ignorance that gives the Maroon and Gold a bad name. NDSU has demonstrated they can play with us and... they shouldnt be able too! Let's build a program that can back this up before we start puffing our chest out. The first step in getting better is recognizing that you need to. I think Kill understands this and I'm excited to watch it happen.

This is a Gophers board. Don't expect people to roll over like a whipped puppy.

You've opened a whole new can of worms. Way to cut off little brother UMD at the knees. This is the kind of arrogance/ignorance that gives the Maroon and Gold a bad name. NDSU has demonstrated they can play with us and... they shouldnt be able too! Let's build a program that can back this up before we start puffing our chest out. The first step in getting better is recognizing that you need to. I think Kill understands this and I'm excited to watch it happen.

The NCAA DII national football title means as much to the UMD players, coaches and fans as I'm sure the NCAA DI FCS national football title would mean to NDSU's players, coaches and fans.

My point was only that the football championship tournaments held by the NCAA (DIII, DII and DI FCS) are moot on the national stage and all get the same amount of marketing and television exposure (next to none). The low level bowl games get more and at least the conferences get a check.

Top Bottom