Myron: "Sources close to the team: Royce White practiced

dboy

#2.. i think the 2009 ESPN's class breakdown did mention Wall would be the biggest impact PG and White would be an immediate PF impact player in the b10.. (that is now 'insider only' info on espn.com and i don't have an account.) Doesn't exactly compare the two per se, but it does say they will both provide immediate impact.

dboy, thank you.

Since we are NIT Bound anyway, we may as well redshirt him now.

Why in the world would you redshirt a player that can help you win this season when you know he's not going to play four seasons anyway? There's no need to preserve all four years of his eligibility, since I think it would be highly unexpected to even see him use three of these. Unless he's physically not ready for some reason (out of game shape maybe, skills a little dull from time off), neither player nor team would benefit from Royce taking a redshirt this season. If he can help the team, get him on the floor.

Why are people assuming we cannot make the NCAA tourney? The Big Ten will get 6 teams. If Minnesota finishes 11-7 they will go to the dance. We have played our toughest road games and we are undefeated at home. Why not?

Someone else asked and he said something along the lines that it was personal issues of some sort. He indicated he knew what was going on but couldn't talk about it. Who knows. I thought he was alluding to something naughty. That's just the way I read it though. We'll find out soon enough I guess.

Tubby said, One player still working on academics.

So is it a personal issue or classroom related, I have no idea where this is going. What can you do naughty in the classroom? Cheat?

Not saying I agree but Minnesota coaches believe that with Royce and Trevor, they are an elite 8 potential team this year.

Not saying I agree but Minnesota coaches believe that with Royce and Trevor, they are an elite 8 potential team this year.

That would require Westy to get hot one game too. But I would also say that most fans also agree that we would of had the talent to get to the elite 8 with White, Allen, and Trevor.

That would require Westy to get hot one game too. But I would also say that most fans also agree that we would of had the talent to get to the elite 8 with White, Allen, and Trevor.

Cory or do you really mean Allen?

Why in the world would you redshirt a player that can help you win this season when you know he's not going to play four seasons anyway? There's no need to preserve all four years of his eligibility, since I think it would be highly unexpected to even see him use three of these. Unless he's physically not ready for some reason (out of game shape maybe, skills a little dull from time off), neither player nor team would benefit from Royce taking a redshirt this season. If he can help the team, get him on the floor.

Completely agree. This isn't the Army. College Basketball isn't about the student athlete any more for the most part. Get Royce on the floor.

So is it a personal issue or classroom related, I have no idea where this is going. What can you do naughty in the classroom? Cheat?

Here's what Myron said-

That player is trying to put himself in a position to play. I will say that this is not as simple as a guy not getting his work done. There were some serious off-court issues that I can't discuss. I think that's part of the process. But a couple of sources have told me that they think the player will be allowed to play.

Take it for what it's worth or how you see it.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/82052112.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUUUnciaec8O7EyUr

Cory is a high school senior genius. I meant allen, Allen is a freakishly good athlete that can help our team a lot.

Genius, wow come with the personal attacks. I wasn't sure if you were referring to next season or what you were getting at. No, most fans didn't consider Bryant Allen a factor of an elite 8 run this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew_recruit

Either Myron and Marcus said we might see Royce in uniform this weekend. I'm beginning to wonder if they're right.

You continue to astound me with your "musings". :clap::clap::clap:

Sentence #1 : I tend to agree with.

Sentence #2 : I never heard such a thing. Can you provide a link please?

Sentence #3 : "we would probably be close to unbeaten and be ranked in the top 5."

Respectfully I have to say sentence #3 is one of the most ridiculous opinions I have ever seen on this board. But that is just IMHO.

Section 201 - You say this about everyones postings. Instead of just assaulting people why don't you provide some support as to why you think his opinion is just ridiculous, that is a much better way to debate people and to ultimatley prove your point?

That being said, also how can you say that we would not be in the top 5? I think we would. If Royce is as good as the projections as most on here think, basically add 20-30 points to our totals and how many games would we have lost.

Section 201 - You say this about everyones postings. Instead of just assaulting people why don't you provide some support as to why you think his opinion is just ridiculous, that is a much better way to debate people and to ultimatley prove your point?

That being said, also how can you say that we would not be in the top 5? I think we would. If Royce is as good as the projections as most on here think, basically add 20-30 points to our totals and how many games would we have lost.

EDIT: Realized you must mean 20-30 pts across the entire year. Still think it's unrealistic to expect any player who's not played a minute of college basketball to make a huge difference.

That being said, also how can you say that we would not be in the top 5?
I know this was directed at Section 201 but...

I think there is one glaring problem that keeps us from being Top 5 even with everyone eligible. It's guard play. Nolen and Westbrook, especially together, are just not good enough, IMHO. Nolen is limited offensively and Westbrook is far too inconsistent. Joseph has shown he isn't quite ready yet to step up and lead and Cobbs is just a freshman.

Great teams, Top 5 teams, have very good to excellent guard play. Not average or erratic or mediocre...

I think Royce will help the team a lot. BUT TO THINK HE WILL AVERAGE 20-30 is a joke. John wall isn't even averaging that many points.

I'm not sure if this has been posted (too much to sift through), but this is a Tweet from Marcus. After this, I'm not getting my hopes up to have White playing for at least another 2 weeks.
White's attorney said that his client's case was sent to city attorney. He said a resolution wouldn't likely come for another two weeks. about 6 hours ago from web

Royce

I would be happy with 20-25 minutes a game. 10 pts, 8 reb, a game.

Top Bottom