Myron: Gopher coaches are confident in their chances of getting Cory Joseph

I'm not why everyone is blasting Myron for this nugget. It's very consistent with the speculation that Cobbs may leave. I even mentioned before that Cobbs transferring may be indicative that Cory Joseph may be coming here. That's the only reason why I see Cobbs transferring.

Here's a couple more. Cobbs expects Nolen to return making him 3rd in line for the PG spot. Devoe is playing ahead of him and doing very well. Maybe he just wants to go back to California.

per his chat today:

"Coaches are confident in their chances of getting Cory Joseph. They think he's more comfortable with the Gophers' staff than any of the other schools' coaches. Plus, if he comes here, he gets immediate playing time. Not necessarily the case at Texas, UConn or Villanova. The past week helps, I think. Devoe Joseph has become a leader, a star in the making. He has to be thinking more and more about joining his brother in the backcourt. It also helps, I think, that UConn didn't make it. But at the end of the day, those big schools still have big resources and big names and when they get into the Big Dance .. .they make runs."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...kD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUycaEacyU

Go Gophers!!

Ok, you had to know this response was coming, but what was Tubby supposed to say? "I''m not confident what-so-ever that we'll land Cory Joseph."

Ok, you had to know this response was coming, but what was Tubby supposed to say? "I''m not confident what-so-ever that we'll land Cory Joseph."

Technically, it is an NCAA violation for any of the coaches to say anything to Myron about Cory Joseph. I'm sure the coaches know the rule, so Myron is likely going on second-hand info. If he's not, then he just threw the coaches under the bus, so to speak.

technically that is the rule but NOBODY follows it and the NCAA doesn't enforce it at all unless you would go on the record about a recruit and even then its only a small minor violation.

College coaches gossip more than high school girls.

+1 for the "CJo" moniker.

Joseph and Joseph. That duo could be an amazing backcourt!

You have to wonder if they both did not grow up thinking about such a possibility.

Go Gophers!!

:clap::clap::clap:

i like CJO but i think CoJo would sound better. both are good and im sure some will like CJo better.

+1 for the "CJo" moniker.

Joseph and Joseph. That duo could be an amazing backcourt!

You have to wonder if they both did not grow up thinking about such a possibility.

Go Gophers!!

:clap::clap::clap:
A bit off topic, but this drummed up an old memory. Many years ago there was this professional bowler ... His first name was Joseph. His last name was Joseph ... and his middle name was Joseph (until he legally changed it). He's in the PBA HOF.

Top Bottom