Mo Ouch! - Injury Watch Thread

alchemy2u

Reaction score
That did not look good. On the replay you could see his calf muscle pop. I bet he is done for the year.

Ya, very different team without Mo. Sad to see. Horrible reward for coming back.

Potts can be good! Wiley should be a linebacker.

We just threw a slant!!

Saw him in a walking boot.

Makes me wonder (???) about the creds for this internet doctor. IIRC walking boots aren't used for a blown achilles.
He could well be right, but declaring it as fact based on watching a video doesn't seem like something most doctors would do.

Saw him in a walking boot.

Makes me wonder (???) about the creds for this internet doctor. IIRC walking boots aren't used for a blown achilles.
We can wish and hope but the video evidence. The Mo reaction all suggest to me his season is over.

We can wish and hope but the video evidence. The Mo reaction all suggest to me his season is over.
Maybe, but my point was they don't put you in a walking boot for a blown Achilles - you can't put weight on it - you're on crutches IIRC.

I think it's silly to speculate on injuries based on a video that an "internet doctor" is commenting on - i'll wait to hear from the University on it.

I popped my calf muscle once, it takes months to heal. It definitely looks like a torn calf muscle. You can still walk, but can’t push off with your toes. The calf muscle just hangs there. You can see that when he tries to push off on that leg after it snapped. The doctor did nothing and just said to take it easy until the calf muscle heals the tear.

Maybe, but my point was they don't put you in a walking boot for a blown Achilles - you can't put weight on it - you're on crutches IIRC.

I think it's silly to speculate on injuries based on a video that an "internet doctor" is commenting on - i'll wait to hear from the University on it.
Ya, no matter what he did. Why is he walking on it unless it’s toast and like an ACL it’s torn so you can walk with it…can’t do any more damage. Dunno…do feel it is serious…how’s that?

It is his ankle, that was clear from the start.
His thinking he could walk off of the field and his body then told him he could not bear weight on that leg suggests an Achilles tear.
It is quite sad.
He was a game changer.
Morgan played well as did his receivers and the OL.
MN's defensive backs were just not fast enough.
That was obvious from the start of the game.
It was targeting. The powers that did not want the tOSU player to miss the first half of the OR game.

If Mo is out for the season —-it’s lights out—the Gophers will have no run game —at least not a very good one

Disagree. We still have a great line. Mo stepped in as a freshman in 2017 when Brooks and Rodney went out. Who's to say the young 4-star backs we just recruited can't do something similar?

I popped my calf muscle once, it takes months to heal. It definitely looks like a torn calf muscle. You can still walk, but can’t push off with your toes. The calf muscle just hangs there. You can see that when he tries to push off on that leg after it snapped. The doctor did nothing and just said to take it easy until the calf muscle heals the tear.
I had same injury and agree with your experience on what you can/can’t do.

Problem is, it almost always IS the worst for Mn sports.
Just in the last two weeks:

Kenta Maeda: "we dont' know if it's Tommy John" it was Tommy John

Irv Smith: It could be only a 2 week injury. Nope Out for the season.

Take it easy guys, next guy up, this offensive scheme still looks good to me. Bell couldn't play at wide out, so they found a couple of other recievers that can run a crossing route and catch the ball in the red zone. oh and they found a third reciever that they have always had, it's called the tight end. I think 3 catches tonight. OSU quarterback has wide open recievers to throw too. IMHO the best QB in the game was Morgan, he had to be more accurate than Shroud

Mo is THE only guy we can’t replace. Nobody else on the team is an elite college game changing talent. Mo is/was.
The season sucked last year WITH Mo, rb talent only helps so much.

Fleck was fairly upbeat in his presser.

When asked about Mo he kind of put his down. It's over with Mo

You can put it in a boot. Some people walk on it without surgery. Wouldn’t read anything in to what he’s wearing post game but looked like at least a partial Achilles live

Take it easy guys, next guy up, this offensive scheme still looks good to me. Bell couldn't play at wide out, so they found a couple of other recievers that can run a crossing route and catch the ball in the red zone. oh and they found a third reciever that they have always had, it's called the tight end. I think 3 catches tonight. OSU quarterback has wide open recievers to throw too. IMHO the best QB in the game was Morgan, he had to be more accurate than Shroud
I guess you forgot that our defense is still pathetic

So what is the MASH Unit list after tonight's game?

Chris Autman-Bell
Mo Ibrahim
Mike Brown-Stephens
Jordan Howden

Anyone else?

You can put it in a boot. Some people walk on it without surgery. Wouldn’t read anything in to what he’s wearing post game but looked like at least a partial Achilles live
I had an Achilles tear from running and was out of running for a year. Hopefully, he is not done. He came back because he had more to prove and to help the team.

Top Bottom