MN v MI Post Game Thread: Gophers Ball Out in 2nd Half

Proud of the fight of course, but man it’s hard not to look at what could have been.

Blocked punt
Jackson fumble
Missed field goal
Couple of third and longs we couldn’t get off the field and Michigan scored.

Certainly nice to see the contrast in second half effort from Iowa, but dug ourselves too much of a hole.

Tale of two halves = another moral victory.... which does not pay the bills.

Game ball to the official on the ultra questionable offside call on the onside kick. Did NOT appear to be offside.... game likely at least to OT or possible regulation win for us.

I know the offsides was bad. Gophers should have not allowed that 4th Q field goal, though.

Great effort by the team! Great adjustment by the coaches! Unfortunate call by the refs on that onside kick that killed the game. They need to figure out a way to play complete games. If they can do this then the Gophers can beat most BIG teams. The first half of Iowa and second half of Michigan were both great halves of football.

This defense is real. Just have to put it all together!

Dogshit call, may have cost the Gophers the Jug and a historic comeback for the program

To have effectively 2 turnovers inside the 20, a garbage call against us, and still almost win in the Big House is a sign of a team that's going to win some big games this year.

My bet is that it starts next week vs. USC, a team that is #5 nationally in pass attempts per game.

That offside call f****d us. That was not offsides. Unfortunately it can't be reviewed. Quite the second half though. Its reassuring that they have more fight in them than the fans, me included.

Proud of the fight of course, but man it’s hard not to look at what could have been.

Blocked punt
Jackson fumble
Missed field goal
Couple of third and longs we couldn’t get off the field and Michigan scored.

Certainly nice to see the contrast in second half effort from Iowa, but dug ourselves too much of a hole.
You have to play nearly perfect to beat a team like Michigan on the road and those first half miscues turned out to be too much to overcome.

This team has some fight in it and there is a lot of season left.

If we played the 1st half like we did the second half we win that game.

Which switched to a more up tempo offense, which prevented Michigan's defense from subbing out, which tipped the scales in favor of our OL, which improved the pass protection and allowed Brosmer to execute.

Good adjustment by the OC, but the OL still needs to clean it up. I still think Callahan should be fired. The OC should not have to make adjustments to compensate for the OL.

Try a hurry up offense against USC. This season is a wash whether we make a bowl or not, let's tinker with some things and have some fun with it. Let Brosmer keep on balling out in his senior year.

Wonder when the side judge learns that he made the wrong call? Player feels better I'm sure.

You have to play nearly perfect to beat a team like Michigan on the road and those first half miscues turned out to be too much to overcome.

Normally I'd agree you need to play perfect to beat someone like Michigan but today if the Gophers played perfectly they would have won by 10 or more.

I agree, too much given up to overcome. The 1st down penalties were a killer. Given all that, they were in a position to win at the end with a proper call.

Great effort by us that hopefully can carry over. But anything inside of 2 minutes should be reviewed because he was not offsides.
That being said, we were that close DESPITE digging ourselves into a big hole. I think we really found something with the rhythm the offense.

A moral victory is better than a blowout and the offsides was objectively a blown call but at the end of the day, loses against rivals in back to back weeks is tough. We get another shot at rivals in back to back games at the end of the season, if we can win both of those (even with bad calls in our favor or moral victories for our opponents) and win another two games somewhere to get in a bowl this can still be an okay season. If we lose the remaining two rivalry games, PJ's seat better be pretty hot. At the end of the day the final score is what matters and with a few exceptions the final score has been consistently bad in rivalry games.

This loss is on the coaching staff. What was the plan on the blocked punt...we had nobody back to block. Was somebody not on the field? And on that first TD run...either the LB or DE went to the wrong gap...wtf this is week 5. And our center is now called Shaky McJumpy cus that motherfucker jumps more than a cocker spaniel

Please say this is the end of PJ’s Tressel ball game plan. They should play up
Do some of you even watch the games? I mean we are 5 weeks in and this offense has not even remotely resembled the stuff some of you keep bringing up over and over and over again.

Do some of you even watch the games? I mean we are 5 weeks in and this offense has not even remotely resembled the stuff some of you keep bringing up over and over and over again.
I get your point, but the run plays are still the same and those aren’t working. I do think he tried to play Tressel ball some in the first half today but yes it’s been loosened up all year. The bigger issue in the first half was the amount of horizontal plays we tried and this defense is just too fast.

PJ has been playing possession ball all season. It’s the same old, until today. This is the first time in years I have seen the offense run a no huddle offense.

Unlucky that the refs were as usual shit.

Good showing from the boys.

PJ has been playing possession ball all season. It’s the same old, until today. This is the first time in years I have seen the offense run a no huddle offense.
Except earlier this season?

Top Bottom