Minnesota State High School Basketball Tournament

I was disappointed in Apple Valley and the big-time prospects on that team. Granted the game against Hopkins was a blowout, but Bertram and Trent Jr didn't display great sportsmanship. Bertram had that ugly elbow to the face that should have warranted an ejection, and Trent walked right through his teammates on his way to the bench giving a hard shoulder to one of the younger guys. Perhaps that's the frustration that boils over when you're not accustomed to losing. I also thought it was a little shady that only Tre Jones showed up for his all tournament award last night, and he seemed to laugh/mock when Trent's name was called. I'm guessing he can't get out of MN fast enough.

I was disappointed in Apple Valley and the big-time prospects on that team. Granted the game against Hopkins was a blowout, but Bertram and Trent Jr didn't display great sportsmanship. Bertram had that ugly elbow to the face that should have warranted an ejection, and Trent walked right through his teammates on his way to the bench giving a hard shoulder to one of the younger guys. Perhaps that's the frustration that boils over when you're not accustomed to losing. I also thought it was a little shady that only Tre Jones showed up for his all tournament award last night, and he seemed to laugh/mock when Trent's name was called. I'm guessing he can't get out of MN fast enough.

Thought so too. Refs didn't even catch it. Not sure how 3 refs miss that.

100% agree with u on the 2 that didn't show up for their all tourney trophies. As good as Trent is, he's got a TON of. Growing up to do. Hopkins played great defense against him and when that happens u have 'work' harder and he liked to settle way to much! Bertram is a garbage player...he could have a caught a cold that was thrown his way!

Goodhue up one at half and still in the game at ten minute mark isn't completely destroying in my book. But I suppose North didn't care if they were down at half. lol Wright really played well for Hopkins last night Guessing Tre was just laughing because he was the only AV there. I really thought Trent would dominate but Hopkins guards all outplayed him.

I enjoyed watching the Rund kid from Fergus. He's a player! I don't know where he projects for college level, but he's the unquestioned best player on a state runner-up team as a sophomore. He'll be fun to watch for the next couple of years.

Another sophomore PG that was fun to watch was #5 from Braham--a Larson I think. I know it was AA and very few people on this board give that level any credit, but that kid can fly!

Goodhue up one at half and still in the game at ten minute mark isn't completely destroying in my book. But I suppose North didn't care if they were down at half. lol Wright really played well for Hopkins last night Guessing Tre was just laughing because he was the only AV there. I really thought Trent would dominate but Hopkins guards all outplayed him.

2nd half score was 43-19...I'd consider that an ass whooping-difference in opinion have a nice sunday

One of the most impressive players in this year's tourney to me was Ryan Larson the sophomore guard from Braham. He is light right now and only 6 1', but his court awareness, speed, and decisions were very impressive. If he can put on a little weight i could see him becoming a legit D1 prospect.

Thanks, you would think Lynch or Dave Lee would mention that during the broadcast. To me it is interesting to know.

They mentioned it noting how Khalid (spelling?) was not able to attend because he was still playing professionally overseas.

Thanks, you would think Lynch or Dave Lee would mention that during the broadcast. To me it is interesting to know.

Don't get me going about freakin' Dave Lee. Guy comes into each game with 4 or 5 talking points and just repeats them endlessly. Plus, the endless inane statements about how "the fans are into the game." Hey Dave - the game's on TV - I can see and hear the fans. I don't need you to keep telling me about the fans.

And I was really disappointed in Kevin Lynch. guy added almost nothing to the broadcast.

I watched a couple of the quarter-finals on Spotlight TV, and their announcers were honestly better than Dave Lee, because they just called the game. They didn't try to be a "personality."

Thought so too. Refs didn't even catch it. Not sure how 3 refs miss that.

Unfortunately the refs saw it because they called a foul on it.

I wish the tournament would go to 2 or 3 classes. Talent is spread to thin. Would love to see DLS play up against the bigger schools, but can't fault them for wanting to stay in AAA. Same with North, everyone wants them to opt up. At the time of the classification they were a 1A school. If you saw their football team, there were not a lot of extra kids on the sidelines. If 1 or 2 players got hurt the cupboard is pretty bare. I think North would have been challenged in the AA bracket - Cal, JCC, Braham.

Don't get me going about freakin' Dave Lee. Guy comes into each game with 4 or 5 talking points and just repeats them endlessly. Plus, the endless inane statements about how "the fans are into the game." Hey Dave - the game's on TV - I can see and hear the fans. I don't need you to keep telling me about the fans.

And I was really disappointed in Kevin Lynch. guy added almost nothing to the broadcast.

I watched a couple of the quarter-finals on Spotlight TV, and their announcers were honestly better than Dave Lee, because they just called the game. They didn't try to be a "personality."

Except for openly recruiting for Minnesota... not that it is a bad thing!

Samm Jones from Delasalle with the thirsty stare at Allie Arlt. :clap::clap:

Good thing the camera didn't pan out to show his bulge!

Unfortunately the refs saw it because they called a foul on it.

I wish the tournament would go to 2 or 3 classes. Talent is spread to thin. Would love to see DLS play up against the bigger schools, but can't fault them for wanting to stay in AAA. Same with North, everyone wants them to opt up. At the time of the classification they were a 1A school. If you saw their football team, there were not a lot of extra kids on the sidelines. If 1 or 2 players got hurt the cupboard is pretty bare. I think North would have been challenged in the AA bracket - Cal, JCC, Braham.

I don't recall that. You sure we are talking about the same one. The one I was referring to was on a free throw attempt. I didn't think there was a foul called.

I don't recall that. You sure we are talking about the same one. The one I was referring to was on a free throw attempt. I didn't think there was a foul called.

I will concur that there was a foul called

Girls Tournament:

Check out at the :40 mark.

#12 from Becker. 8th Grader McKenzie Kraemer.

Pete Maravich returns.

[video]http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/show/wcco-4-news/video-3374326-girls-state-basketball-quarterfinal-highlights/[/video]

Top Bottom