Minnesota State High School Basketball Tournament

I love watching all the 'little things' of the state tourney every year!
Like how Novak SR sits cross legged on the Hopkins bench looking like the 'czar' of the Hopkins program!
How after the big WIN LV north had they went over to their student section to celebrate.

First time watching the tourney in a looooooong time.

Reuvers can catch the ball. Pitino doesn't recruit big men that can catch.
Reuvers can drive around players from the top of the key. Could you imagine Konate or Dedoiu doing that.
Reuvers can shoot. Pitino doesn't recruit shooters
Reuvers can rebound. Pitino did recruit Murphy so maybe he will consider Reuvers.

Now that them there's some funny stuff...

Yeah Rund (sp) is going to become a very solid player. By the time he's a senior, if he continues to improve, look out. Very nice player as a 10th grader.

Excellent player, that kid can shoot and has decent quickness.

We're going to the championship game Saturday night hoping to watch a Lakeville North victory!

What a game for Xavier Johnson of Hopkins. He absolutely torched the AV defense.

Coffey had some trouble taking care of the ball last night.

Last night Jordan Murphy and Stephon Sharp said hi, shook hands with and talked to Michael and Matthew Hurt for a few mins. I also told Michael I was looking forward to watching him play for the U next year. He was wearing his gophers hoodie. Smiled, and said he was looking forward to next year too. Guess that's good.

Also, Amir did not look 100%, but his defense on gary Trent Jr. really raised my eyebrows. Amir is so long he really made Trent work for all of his looks, and it showed in the boxscore. Made a huge difference in the game as Hopkins has so many players who can step up and score, whereas AV leans on Trent to create a lot of offense and Trent tends to force his looks. Definitely the least impressive game I've seen from Trent and I have to say a lot of it was because of Amir's defense.

Last night Jordan Murphy and Stephon Sharp said hi, shook hands with and talked to Michael and Matthew Hurt for a few mins. I also told Michael I was looking forward to watching him play for the U next year. He was wearing his gophers hoodie. Smiled, and said he was looking forward to next year too. Guess that's good.

Also, Amir did not look 100%, but his defense on gary Trent Jr. really raised my eyebrows. Amir is so long he really made Trent work for all of his looks, and it showed in the boxscore. Made a huge difference in the game as Hopkins has so many players who can step up and score, whereas AV leans on Trent to create a lot of offense and Trent tends to force his looks. Definitely the least impressive game I've seen from Trent and I have to say a lot of it was because of Amir's defense.

Coffey's defense on Trent was a game changer, took him out of his game from the get go, Apple Valley had no one to go to and it really showed.

I take it Theo John and Nate Reuvers are now 1A and 1B in priority for us and Wisconsin. Coffey is a beast on defense that by itself will make us a much better team next year.

the story

I didn't get to see it but I also see Tre had 1 assist and 8 turnovers with just 10 pts. He usually raises his game when Trent struggles.
3 for 17 on 3's. Team had a total of 5 assists and 17 turnovers.

This just in from Vegas:
Class A North over Red Lake by 10, then North over Goodhue by 16 in the champ.
AA St. Croix over Annandale by 15 in the champ.
AAA DeLaSalle over Fergus by 15.
AAAA Hopkins over North by 18.

I hope I'm wrong but lots of dominating teams in each Conference. If anyone could have beat Hopkins it was AValley. North, St. Croix, and DeLaSalle should have all played up and they would still be among the favorites.

I didn't get to see it but I also see Tre had 1 assist and 8 turnovers with just 10 pts. He usually raises his game when Trent struggles.

This just in from Vegas:

I hope I'm wrong but lots of dominating teams in each Conference. If anyone could have beat Hopkins it was AValley. North, St. Croix, and DeLaSalle should have all played up and they would still be among the favorites.
Ya Hopkins really stepped up on defense. El Amin a legit D1 Prospect and he was coming off the bench, crazy depth, really made it tough on Apple Valley, they didn't get enough out of Bertrum either, I can't see him doing well in the MAC without dropping some weight. He also isn't 7'0" tall

What a game for Xavier Johnson of Hopkins. He absolutely torched the AV defense.

Johnson with the best dew in the tourney. His hair reminded me of a manicured chia pet!

This just in from Vegas:

Remind us why we don't just have A and AA.

This just in from Vegas:

Goodhue is much better then Red Lake. North will beat Red by thirty and win championship by ten over Goodhue.

I was so impressed by Xavier Johnson I didn't know he was that good. AV defenders had no way of keeping him in front of them. He's quick, can shoot, drives the lane hitting floaters. If he was taller he'd be big time.

I was so impressed by Xavier Johnson I didn't know he was that good. AV defenders had no way of keeping him in front of them. He's quick, can shoot, drives the lane hitting floaters. If he was taller he'd be big time.
He was the best player on the floor for sure. Apple Valley just didn't look like the same team I saw last March. Jones and Trent looked very ordinary.

North leading Red Lake 49-37 at the half. Both teams running every chance they can North's athleticism defensively has been the difference so far.

North leading Red Lake 49-37 at the half. Both teams running every chance they can North's athleticism defensively has been the difference so far.
I;m waiting for Tyler Johnson to get loose for a dunk. Seen him dunk this year and he is off the charts.

Anyone know what channel for Charter in Rochester carries the state tourney?

Goodhue is much better then Red Lake. North will beat Red by thirty and win championship by ten over Goodhue.

I would take that bet...north can name the score against any of these 1a teams and they will completely destroy goodhue-you're being a homer

I would take that bet...north can name the score against any of these 1a teams and they will completely destroy goodhue-you're being a homer
I've seen north play an Onalaska team very comparable to Goodhue and it was a game late in the second half.. They lose focus on defense, quit rebounding and get loose with the ball way too much. They would be frustrated to coach. No homer here I like watching North.

Braham is playing well early against the much taller St Croix Lutherans. Dave Lee is going on about Pie Day.

Score????? Completely destroy? I like North's team but they have flaws.

Congrats to the North Polars for a great season! I am predicting another championship for the Braham Bombers. Incidentally, North defeated Braham in the state football tournament this year. Ryan Larson and Tyler Johnson have been two great two sport athletes for their teams .

First time seeing Reuvers. Really hope the Gophs get him. Great touch for a big man.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom