Minnesota native Lu’Cye Patterson commits to the Gophers

Is
How many other teams besides us lost 3 $500K+ players and didn't buy any other high-priced players to replace them?

Yes it's possible that Patterson will be good. But being down 2 good starters still stinks. Christie will transfer if he doesn't stay in the draft.
Is there a site that specifies which players received what from said schools? I can't find one, if you could help out with that that would be much appreciated. Thanks

It's telling that even in those rare instances where Hawkins was outmatched physically, CBJ didn't slide Mitchell over to play PG, or even to defend the opposing PG. Ryan James said during the season that the staff wished they had a stronger PG who they could have gone to in those situations, and they believe Asuma will be that player. Last year at least, there was no one on the roster that the stafff thought could guard those bigger, stronger PG's better than Hawkins. It's also noteworthy that teams came throwing big money at Hawkins to play PG for them, while Mitchell is....still here, and looking at splitting time with Patterson.
You certainly reference Ryan James a lot.

He's wrong as much as he is right. And is pissy whenever challenged.

You certainly reference Ryan James a lot.

He's wrong as much as he is right. And is pissy whenever challenged.
Who's keeping score?

Ryan does his homework. What I enjoy most is his in depth analysis after watching video and then offers his insight on new recruits to his readers. In the past few days, he did a comprehensive analysis on 2025 recruits and 5 man Trey Edmonds on his strengths and weakness. When asked, he offers his thoughts on various topics and uses his sources. Is he perfect, heck no. But who on this site does what he does? And any better?

Keep the dream alive. Ryan James said CBJ was keeping his portal stuff quiet so other teams wouldn't know what he was up to. Maybe Evans is already in the fold, waiting for Christie to get drafted, and we're going to pay him with money we had set aside for Christie? Hard to imagine Evans would transfer as a Senior, to a team where he likely wouldn't start, but a guy can dream.
My dream as well. At this time. It appears that Evan’s has not committed. There were some posts about Syracuse interest about two weeks ago. Maybe we will be surprised after Christy spills the beans!

My dream as well. At this time. It appears that Evan’s has not committed. There were some posts about Syracuse interest about two weeks ago. Maybe we will be surprised after Christy spills the beans!
I may have mentioned that Evans is also on my wish list......

Who's keeping score?

Ryan does his homework. What I enjoy most is his in depth analysis after watching video and then offers his insight on new recruits to his readers. In the past few days, he did a comprehensive analysis on 2025 recruits and 5 man Trey Edmonds on his strengths and weakness. When asked, he offers his thoughts on various topics and uses his sources. Is he perfect, heck no. But who on this site does what he does? And any better?
Your opinions are valid. Mine too.

Funny, I and a few others in here were throwing accurate figures around about two months ago what players were getting and I was laughed at with my "I know a guy" posts. I even said at the time, it was way more crazy (higher) than I had thought and shared it here.

I and others were laughed at for these numbers, funny how now these numbers have come to be accurate and people are either:

A. Acknowledging the numbers and crying about them
B. Finding a way to denounce the numbers that our players got on the transfer market despite no evidence to contrary

Last edited:

Funny, I and a few others in here were throwing accurate figures around about two months ago what players were getting and I was laughed at with my "I know a guy" posts. I even said at the time, it was way more crazy (higher) than I had thought and shared it here.

I and others were laughed at for these numbers, funny how now these numbers have come to be accurate and people are either:

A. Acknowledging the numbers and crying about them
B. Finding a way to denounce the numbers that our players got on the transfer market despite no evidence to contrary
Is there a site that specifies which players received what from said schools? I can't find one, if you could help out with that that would be much appreciated. Thanks

Yeah kissmyass.com

Continue to be in denial or don't no difference to me

Yeah kissmyass.com

In other words, absolute pure conjecture on your part. And you wonder why people question you.

Keep up the good work though.

In other words, absolute pure conjecture on your part. And you wonder why people question you.

Keep up the good work though.
See you have taken option denial, thanks for the support

IMO, we WILL be better if we add one more BIG wing to our current roster.
Christie would be fine, but the portal contains better big wings.
Just one man's opinion.
We will 100% be better than last year, but our conference record may not dramatically teflect that because the BigTen will be so unbelievably strong after the merge and upgrades around the league. Big Ten could get 12-13 teams in NCAA Tournament.

We will 100% be better than last year, but our conference record may not dramatically teflect that because the BigTen will be so unbelievably strong after the merge and upgrades around the league. Big Ten could get 12-13 teams in NCAA Tournament.
Patterson is the only player we added who looks like he could equal one of the 3 guys we lost. Maybe.

There's no way we'll be nearly as good as we'd have been if we'd have kept our team. Not even close.

Patterson is the only player we added who looks like he could equal one of the 3 guys we lost. Maybe.

There's no way we'll be nearly as good as we'd have been if we'd have kept our team. Not even close.
We will be better at the 5, simply because Payne has a back problem that cost him playing time last season.
Payne has no handles, was a poor defender and an average rebounder.He will be replaced by two experienced guys, Mitchell and Edmonds, who also add 5 more fouls if necessary and Mitchell was a nationally ranked rebounder.
Garcia and Fox will return to upgrade the 4.
If we get Odukale and (i hope) Evans, they will upgrade the 3.
Mitchell, Rigsby and Williams will replace just Mitchell at the 2.
Patterson and Asuma will replace Hawkins which will add depth at PG, although I think that Hawkins will be hard to replace.
I think 4 out of 5 positions will be upgraded with PG the possible exception.

Last edited:

Yeah kissmyass.com

So you whine like a 5 year old then attack someone like a child. Yeah that lends credence to your story. (even if said poster is annoying as heck)

But lets say you are right...want a cookie? How small a person are you that you cry like this on a fan message board?

Oh and before you go all Middle School insult on me, I am not in denial. You are quite possibly correct. I just dont care and I find it sad you act like a 5 year old because some people might not believe some rando on Gopherhole when he speaks about stuff with no built up credibility to back up his claims. Yeah we should definitely trust you...no one ever lies or misrepresents themselves on the internet ;):rolleyes::oops:

What I said was that MN would be better next year than we were in '23-'24, but our record may not reflect it because the Big Ten is so much stronger. I have no idea how good MN would be if they kept all their players. That is a completely different discussion.

OK. I am not going to compare anything to a mythical team where everyone returns from last year.
My comparison is last year's team as they played last year to next year's team (minus Christie plus Christie's replacement) as they will play next year.
I am not disputing anything you say.
I shouldn't have posted my comparison as a reply to your comparison because they are really independent of each other.

What I said was that MN would be better next year than we were in '23-'24, but our record may not reflect it because the Big Ten is so much stronger. I have no idea how good MN would be if they kept all their players. That is a completely different discussion.
I don't know why this distinction is so hard for people to understand.

So you whine like a 5 year old then attack someone like a child. Yeah that lends credence to your story. (even if said poster is annoying as heck)

But lets say you are right...want a cookie? How small a person are you that you cry like this on a fan message board?

Oh and before you go all Middle School insult on me, I am not in denial. You are quite possibly correct. I just dont care and I find it sad you act like a 5 year old because some people might not believe some rando on Gopherhole when he speaks about stuff with no built up credibility to back up his claims. Yeah we should definitely trust you...no one ever lies or misrepresents themselves on the internet ;):rolleyes::oops:
Lol, I am crying now? He provided sarcasm, so I gave it back. Not that deep. You don't care but somehow thought to respond? Now who's in denial?

I don't want or need anything on here from you or elsewhere, just highlighting that what I and others said months ago is now being confirmed and reported on by valid outlets (Athletic ect...)

That's it, that's my post.

We will be better at the 5, simply because Payne has a back problem that cost him playing time last season.
Payne has no handles, was a poor defender and an average rebounder.He will be replaced by two experienced guys, Mitchell and Edmonds, who also add 5 more fouls if necessary and Mitchell was a nationally ranked rebounder.
Garcia and Fox will return to upgrade the 4.
If we get Odukale and (i hope) Evans, they will upgrade the 3.
Mitchell, Rigsby and Williams will replace just Mitchell at the 2.
Patterson and Asuma will replace Hawkins which will add depth at PG, although I think that Hawkins will be hard to replace.
I think 4 out of 5 positions will be upgraded with PG the possible exception.
The fact that you're serious is hilarious. Delusional.

I love constructive conversations...also shoe-size/peeing contests can be entertaining for a page or two. I think we've exhausted the entertainment value. Just my opinion. Hopefully no one takes it personally and feels the need to troll reply.

OK. I am not going to compare anything to a mythical team where everyone returns from last year.
My comparison is last year's team as they played last year to next year's team (minus Christie plus Christie's replacement) as they will play next year.
I am not disputing anything you say.
I shouldn't have posted my comparison as a reply to your comparison because they are really independent of each other.
It isn't mythical. It's what should have happened if there was any sanity involved.

It's what should have happened in your mind. It's not how the world works.
It used to be how college basketball worked. Up until this off-season. The bidding on players is really picking up now.

I think it's insane.

you can "What-If" this stuff until Heck freezes over.

What If everyone comes back, but Player X blows out his knee in the first week of the season?

What If everyone comes back but someone pulls a 'Carrington' and causes dissention in the locker room?

What if everyone comes back, but some of the players just don't play as well next season as they did last season?

What if everyone comes back but Little Green Men from Roswell show up, put everyone on their space ship and subject them to anal probes?

you can "What-If" this stuff until Heck freezes over.

What If everyone comes back, but Player X blows out his knee in the first week of the season?

What If everyone comes back but someone pulls a 'Carrington' and causes dissention in the locker room?

What if everyone comes back, but some of the players just don't play as well next season as they did last season?

What if everyone comes back but Little Green Men from Roswell show up, put everyone on their space ship and subject them to anal probes?
But up until this year...having your players return wasn't considered to be an outlandish fairytale.

Lol, I am crying now? He provided sarcasm, so I gave it back. Not that deep. You don't care but somehow thought to respond? Now who's in denial?

I don't want or need anything on here from you or elsewhere, just highlighting that what I and others said months ago is now being confirmed and reported on by valid outlets (Athletic ect...)

That's it, that's my post.
But it wasn't sarcasm. I was actually looking for you to provide a link to your NIL dollars for players. Do you have one other than kissmyblackass.com?

Top Bottom