Minnesota/Illinois game thread

Prolific said:
You and I have very different definitions of good.

So Illinois purposely didn't go up by more because they are caring and generous souls? Got it.

Got it your are an idiot. I can ignore you now.
Maverick has "played well"
Ralph is the problem.

This tells you all you need to know about pacific folks.
Is there an ignore function on this board. I am going to investigate it and potentially use it for the first time.

Nice usage of vocabulary though.

Got it your are an idiot. I can ignore you now.
Maverick has "played well"
Ralph is the problem.

This tells you all you need to know about pacific folks.
Is there an ignore function on this board. I am going to investigate it and potentially use it for the first time.

Nice usage of vocabulary though.

I'll take this as you waving the white flag. Do you have a rebuttal or are you just going to hide behind the internet tough guy image?

Prolific said:
Missing open shots. Look beyond the box score.

Love that argument.

Teams score a lot, gophers play bad defense.

Teams don't score a lot, they are just playing bad.

What is your reasoning for only being down 10, because it isn't the offense?

Love that argument.

Teams score a lot, gophers play bad defense.

Teams don't score a lot, they are just playing bad.

What is your reasoning for only being down 10, because it isn't the offense?

Why are you putting words in my mouth? Of course it's not the case every time, this time it was though. And I didn't say the offense wasn't bad as well, it was worse than the defense.

I'll take this as you waving the white flag. Do you have a rebuttal or are you just going to hide behind the internet tough guy image?
I am going to hide behind my Internet tough guy image.

Honestly no rebuttal can be made. Sometimes you just cut your losses in conversations with people. You are a lost cause.

Ok you two kids behave - turn the channel Rubio is about to come in.

The only hope is pressing and hope the Illini keep turning it over and get some easy layups.

I am going to hide behind my Internet tough guy image.

Honestly no rebuttal can be made. Sometimes you just cut your losses in conversations with people. You are a lost cause.

"No rebuttal can be made but I still win."

Ugh. Now I remember why I don't post here very often.

The only hope is pressing and hope the Illini keep turning it over and get some easy layups.

Totally agree Moses. We have to find a way to get points in transition and mix the flow up. With our continued lack of half court execution, points in transition is critical.

Go Gophers!!

Ralph's regression continues...How hard is it for a 7 footer to dunk? He's about 35% on layups..

Ralph is fine if used properly, which is why he'll play at the next level. How many mid-range jumpers has he missed?

And just like that - points in transition!!

Go Gophers!!

jamalo said:
Ralph is fine if used properly, which is why he'll play at the next level. How many mid-range jumpers has he missed?

He'll play at the next level - LOL Jamalo you crack me up homie!!

This has been an ugly-ass game (ugly enough to start schoolyard fights on the gamethread), but we're in it, on the road. I doubt we take it, but I think this team has 9 conference wins in it. They're weirdly gritty. Except Ralph. Ralph is the anti-gritty.

Eliason missed a layup...seriously???? Just a layup!!!!!

Ralph is 4-13....how do you even do that as a 6'11 guy in college?

And nice move by Mav. Maybe he isn't so worthless after all?

tubbytubbytubby said:
This has been an ugly-ass game (ugly enough to start schoolyard fights on the gamethread), but we're in it, on the road. I doubt we take it, but I think this team has 9 conference wins in it. They're weirdly gritty. Except Ralph. Ralph is the anti-gritty.

I'd add that this team is incredibly young. It's most guys first big 10 game. Probably start 0-2, but I think they'll be okay after that.

Side note, leaur is getting eaten alive by Kevin love.

He'll play at the next level - LOL Jamalo you crack me up homie!!

How much do you want to bet? There is a place in the league for soft, tall dudes who can hit from mid-range and beyond. Hell, even Brad Lohaus made it for 5 years or so in the league!!

What a game. Great comeback. This Gophers team just won't quit or die.

How much do you want to bet? There is a place in the league for soft, tall dudes who can hit from mid-range and beyond. Hell, even Brad Lohaus made it for 5 years or so in the league!!

Ralph fools people by making one out of every 5 fifteen footers he takes. He's not a good shooter. I'll paypal you 100 dollars if he's an NBA player.

Keep the defensive pressure up and keep running!

Half court basketball is our weakness on both ends...We might have a shot if they can play the transition game.

Wow. If we can find a way to steal this game that would be incredible.

Ralph fools people by making one out of every 5 fifteen footers he takes. He's not a good shooter. I'll paypal you 100 dollars if he's an NBA player.

Bet on. Plus, he's a great passer. He'll play at the next level. Maybe not for long, but he'll play.

jamalo said:

Oh sorry - my fault I misunderstood. You were talking about a European league.

Top Bottom