Minnesota/Illinois game thread

Hoffarber and Nolen were both Monson's recruits that Tubby kept.

Name one shooter Tubby has recruited since he's been here. There's got to be better pure shooters playing intramurals on campus.

He recruited Paul Jesperson, and is currently recruiting Matt Thomas, both of whom are supposed to be very good shooters I believe. Wasn't Austin Hollins brought in as a shooter as well?

He recruited Paul Jesperson, and is currently recruiting Matt Thomas, both of whom are supposed to be very good shooters I believe. Wasn't Austin Hollins brought in as a shooter as well?

Wally Ellenson also appears to be a good shooter.

Oto is a shooter as well. I think he can develop into a Jon Diebler type of player.

Something else I don't think anyone has talked about is that we were in the bonus with about 12 minutes left in the 1st half and only had four free throw attempts the rest of the half. We should have been taking it to the basket every possession to get them in foul trouble and go to the line.

Name one shooter Tubby has recruited since he's been here. There's got to be better pure shooters playing intramurals on campus.

Yes, the defense in intramurals is very similar to that of Big Ten Basketball.

wait, you wanted chip in after he was absolutely horrible all night? Really? And I thought your politics were bad..

"All night." He played 8 minutes. He missed some shots- as did others. If this team is going to win Andre Hollins is going to have to play more and Tubby needs to show he has confidence in him in games like this. Maverick is a great kid and team player but he will only take you so far.

"All night." He played 8 minutes. He missed some shots- as did others. If this team is going to win Andre Hollins is going to have to play more and Tubby needs to show he has confidence in him in games like this. Maverick is a great kid and team player but he will only take you so far.
He only played 8 minutes because he was taking too many shots that he's proven he's not going to make often. I think the only reason Maverick had the ball at the end of the game is because No one really stepped up to take it. Everyone was just kinda standing there when he got the ball to the other end of the floor.

Top Bottom