Minnesota @ Illinois Game Thread

Yup, the Gophs definitley need to make some jumpers to open up the inside. Otherwise, the Illini will just pack it in.

With the way the Illini pressure the ball, this team is really missing a player that can create for himself off of the dribble. Take advantage of the Illini's agressiveness.

Halftime, down by 5...why do I feel like we deserve to be up by about 10-15? Oh, I know why, if we could make any outside shots (how many 3's rimmed in and out??!!, and just as many have been atrocious should-be airballs that hit the backboard); if we could hit even 30% of our outside shots we'd easily have a decent lead. Illinois isn't exactly lighting it up, but they're shooting a hell of a lot better than the Gophers from outside. By the way I HATE f-ing Meacham. He should change his given name to Immediocre Exceptagainst Minnesota.

The way we're dominating them on the boards, we have a chance. We have a ton of energy, which is great, but I think that energy is affecting our shots and has now resulted in bad passes too. Hoffarber and Joseph need to take over, their shots have been the closest to going in. Nolen needs to shoot the open 3 too. Westbrook getting hot would be nice, but he's so streaky that I don't know if this is his game, if he hasn't shown anything yet.

When DJ plays well and when Hoffarber shoots well are the two times when the Gophers are most dangerous and dominate. So far only the first half is true, and Tubby needs to put Hoff in for more time. He's out of his slump, even though he isn't lighting it up like last year. Part of his problems are likely due to his decreased playing time since his ankle sprain.

Lets hope so. If we can start hitting from the outside, we will stretch the court and we will own the boards even more than we already do tonight. Plus cut down on the TO's. 12 is too many for the first half.

the fact that we're down 5 ain't bad. the 3s will start falling, right?

If one goes, a bunch may go. But this may just be one of those games. It happens. At least they're playing really hard and showing lots of emotion. That's been lacking during their down-stretch.

cncmin,

Only reason Meacham drives you nuts is because just like everyother shooter in the big ten, the gophers always lose them for open looks. It doesn't fail.

I wish Hoffaber got as many open looks as the Gophers give up to opposing gunners/shooters.

it needs to be said again. DJ is a beast.

"So far only the first half is true, and Tubby needs to put Hoff in for more time. He's out of his slump, even though he isn't lighting it up like last year"

When did he get out of his slump? Yes he had one huge second half but has done nothing since

If Johnson played with this much heart all year we wouldn't be on the bubble

Would they please call a moving screen on that Big Goon Tisdale? I know they aren't calling a tight game, but his moving screens are so obvious I'm ready to throw something at the TV.

No offense to Damian, because he's playing a great game. But he's playing within his cabalities and stepping up with the situation allows.

But these announcers are talking of a hot streak? A streak is scoring a bunch either off of three's or from creating on your own. He's doing a job of making his shots, but I think they go too far acting like he's unstoppable, if his teammates would just get him the ball. This isn't Kobe going for 81.

Gophers need to play smarter, seriously. GET IT inside gophs.

-GoldN

am i blind or did i see stats for Wisconsin and Indiana. hahahahaha.

stop turning the ball over and we win this game easy even without the jump shots falling. We're on pace for 20-25 TO's

Hey! Is Stickum banned in basketball? Would somebody in Maroon please hang on to the darn ball and stop handing them the game!

Go figure...Busch gets hammered on his basket, no call, then gets called for a mild forearm. Either let them play or call it both ways!

Top Bottom