Minnesota Gophers - 2020 NFL Draft

Brady's got a lot of weapons - Gronk, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin -- but he's traditionally leaned on the slot where there's opportunity for TJ to play a lot.

Hot damn. Both of the top Gophers to TB. TJ gunna be possible catching passes from Brady? Doesn't get much better than that haha.

Bummed that the Vikings didn't get either of them...

Here is hoping any or all of these guys get their names called.Carter Coughlin, Kamal Martin, and Chris Williamson

TJ lucked out, going to Brady. I’m not sure what their depth chart looks like at WR.

TJ lucked out, going to Brady. I’m not sure what their depth chart looks like at WR.

I just looked. It's Evans, Godwin and a bunch of guys I've never heard of before except former QB John Franklin

Brady's got a lot of weapons - Gronk, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin -- but he's traditionally leaned on the slot where there's opportunity for TJ to play a lot.

It's always difficult to tell how specific skills will translate, but I agree with you. Brady has really elevated guys like Johnson throughout his career.

Wow - we have our third Gopher drafted! Two more to go.

This is good press for Gopher Recruiting.

Bucs are coming up here again. Any chance they go trifecta and take Carter?

I just looked. It's Evans, Godwin and a bunch of guys I've never heard of before except former QB John Franklin

They just lost Breshad Perriman, their number three, to the Jets this offseason. Honestly....when I saw TB on the board....I was hoping that they would grab him. Likely to be the #3 receiver. Catching passes from Brady. Going with teammate, AWjr.

I would have preferred he stayed in MN with the Vikings....but Spielman is a dickface and had passed on him several times already. Better that he landed in a good spot.

Gophers being represented well in the draft. PJ has done tremendous things for this program, but the turn around started with Kill/Claeys. This was their last recruiting class.

I wonder if the Bucs went to the Outback bowl...

Considering we were playing at their stadium? I'm guessing that they definitely had personnel there watching. Doesn't hurt that we were playing Auburn was our opponent. And if I remember correctly....TJ had over 200 yards receiving in that game.

I love that all 3 of our drafted players are going into great situations for them. They each have an opportunity to start and/or play a lot starting in Wk1 (if there is one). Great players who are getting great opportunity. Go shine and be elite. Build that boat in the NFL for Gopher Nation.

They just lost Breshad Perriman, their number three, to the Jets this offseason. Honestly....when I saw TB on the board....I was hoping that they would grab him. Likely to be the #3 receiver. Catching passes from Brady. Going with teammate, AWjr.

I would have preferred he stayed in MN with the Vikings....but Spielman is a dickface and had passed on him several times already. Better that he landed in a good spot.
You know, makes you wonder if there isn't something there as Tyler was picked in the 5th round at 161 AND the Vikings took a 2nd receiver at 176, who was rated much lower than Tyler. The Vikes had 3 picks in the 4rth Round and 3 picks in the 5th. You have J.D.S. going to Nebraska when Fleck wanted him (I admit, I don't know how hard he tried to recruit him but I'm guessing he wanted him badly) but to me it smells like Senior Spielman maybe does have an issue with the Gophers and Fleck?? I don't know, conspiracy theories abound here but to me it's a tad fishy. Why not take the local guy IF you're looking to get another receiver... you certainly had enough picks to make it happen.. I say he's a Dick as well!!!

I don't know much about the NFL scouting process, but I can't imagine TJ won't succeed in the NFL. He's been playing (and dominating) at the highest levels of D1 FB for the past 4 years. Why people think he suddenly wouldn't be able to even compete against many of those same athletes simply because they're wearing an NFL uniform is beyond me. It's just odd.
[/QUOT

Everything is faster, much faster in the NFL on the same sized field. Thus, players who were fast enough, big enough, smart enough at the Big Ten level will, or will not, be fast enough, big enough, smart enough at NFL. All the small guys, slow guys will be gone. Only the Big Ten elite will have a chance.

It's great. 4 guys drafted and a couple more who will make teams later...great year.

Tampa Bay is Gopher Country!
January 1, 2020 is when it became Gopher country and now it will continue to be Gopher country, hopefully for years to come!! Excited for these guys and I've always liked Brady and Gronk so looks like I have my 2nd favorite Pro team to follow now!

Old friend Jashon Cornell goes to the Lions.

You know, makes you wonder if there isn't something there as Tyler was picked in the 5th round at 161 AND the Vikings took a 2nd receiver at 176, who was rated much lower than Tyler. The Vikes had 3 picks in the 4rth Round and 3 picks in the 5th. You have J.D.S. going to Nebraska when Fleck wanted him (I admit, I don't know how hard he tried to recruit him but I'm guessing he wanted him badly) but to me it smells like Senior Spielman maybe does have an issue with the Gophers and Fleck?? I don't know, conspiracy theories abound here but to me it's a tad fishy. Why not take the local guy IF you're looking to get another receiver... you certainly had enough picks to make it happen.. I say he's a Dick as well!!!

Hard to say. TJ seems like he would have been an obvious pick for the Vikings.

Top Bottom