Kamal Martin - 2020 NFL Combine
Feb. 27, 2020

Gophers NFL Combine 2020 - WR Tyler Johnson - Part 1
Feb. 25, 2020

Gophers NFL Combine 2020 - WR Tyler Johnson - Part 2
Feb. 25, 2020

Antoine Winfield Jr.: I can play anywhere | 2020 NFL Combine
Full Interview, Feb. 28, 2020
He bleeds purple! Rick Spielman, are you listening?

Last edited:

NFL Combine Cornerbacks and Safeties workouts this afternoon 12:00-6:00 PM CST NFL Network.

FIFY

Last edited:

Sam is my brothers nephew. According to my brother Sam has been contacted by several teams that are interested in signing him as a free agent. Would be awesome if he was drafted. Either way he most likely ends up on some teams roster to start changing training camp.
Sorry to ask, but wouldn't he also be your "nephew"?

Why is the 40 times important? You'd have to ask Jalen Myrick that. In the 20178 NFL Combine, the Gophers CB had a Prospect Grade of 5.6 going into the combine. He ran an official time of 4.28 seconds in the 40 yard dash. The fastest time got him drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 7th Round.

He is now playing CB for the DC Defenders of the XFL.

Last edited:

Why is the 40 times important? You'd have to ask Jalen Myrick that. In the 20178 NFL Combine, the Gophers CB had a Prospect Grade of 5.6 going into the combine. He ran an official time of 4.28 seconds in the 40 yard dash. The fastest time got him drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the 7th Round.

He is now playing CB for the DC Defenders of the XFL.

It's just another piece of information.

Antoine Winfield - Run 1 is 4.48 seconds.

Run 2 is 4.46 seconds.

Last edited:

Safeties 40 times:

1. L'Jarius Sneed - LSU, 4.38
2. Tanner Muse - Clemson, 4.42
3. Terrell Burgess - Utah, 4.46
3. Jeremy Chinn - SIU, 4.46
3. Antoine Winfield, Jr - 4.46

Antoine Winfield Jr's official time is 4.45.

AWjr looked very good in all the drills so far. Very smooth, fluid, and natural.

AWjr looked very good in all the drills so far. Very smooth, fluid, and natural.
He is tearing up the drills. He looks like one of the best athletes at Safety.

The announcers have such a SEC bias, talking up most of those players.

36” vertical for Winfield. Tied for 7th among safeties.

In summary, the NFL Combine site ranked the following Gophers by Prospect Grade, and their rank within each position as follows:

Antoine Winfield, Jr. - Safety
Prospect Grade: 6.36
# Safeties in combine: 26
Position Rank: 3

His stock will rise with his stellar performance.
My prediction: Very late in the 1st Round to 2nd Round.

In my biased opinion, he is the best Safety in the 2020 Class.

Tyler Johnson - Wide Receiver
Prospect Grade: 6.16
# Wide Receivers in combine: 55
Position Rank: 21

This deep class has to hurt TJ in terms of where he will be ultimately drafted. We all know his intangibles, and his body of work the last two seasons speaks volume. We have to wait until Pro Day to see his 40 time and in depth evaluations to see if his stock will rise further.

The draft combine commentators were saying there is a projection that 27 wide receivers will be taken in the first three rounds of the draft.

My prediction: Late 2nd Round to 3rd Round.

Carter Coughlin - Linebacker
Prospect Grade: 5.58
# Linebackers in combine: 36
Position Rank: 27

Kamal Martin - Linebacker
Prospect Grade: 5.46
Position Rank: 33

Both CC and KM are in a somewhat crowded linebacker field. CC's official combine run of 4.57 40 does help his cause a little. KM will have to show what he can do. His injuries will probably be under scrutiny. Both will have the Pro Day to argue their cases for being drafted.

My prediction: Mid 7th Round to UDFA.

As someone has said, going UDFA may net them more money. The new XFL League may also be an option.

Carter Coughlin

Kamal Martin

I do not believe there will be 27 receivers taken in the first 3 rounds, since teams will have different needs, and there are so many receivers that they can afford to wait until later rounds.

My predictions:

Winfield 1-2

Johnson 5-7

Coughlin 6-7

Martin UDFA

Williamson and Renner are also potential day 3 or UDFA.

Sam could be considered my extended family, but not by blood. He is a nephew of my brother from his wife's sister. Does that make any sense? Ha Ha

Your sister-in-law's blood nephew. Aka....his aunt is your sister-in-law.

?

I do not believe there will be 27 receivers taken in the first 3 rounds, since teams will have different needs, and there are so many receivers that they can afford to wait until later rounds.

My predictions:

Winfield 1-2

Johnson 5-7

Coughlin 6-7

Martin UDFA

Williamson and Renner are also potential day 3 or UDFA.
I'll take the under all day on this one. I'll say round 3-4

Top Bottom