Minneapolis Question

DeltaHog

Reaction score
Guys,

Going to a Timberwolves game tomorrow night.
Can someone recommend a good place to eat close to
Target Center?
By good I don't mean Olive Garden.

Thanks guys.

Capital Grille or if you don't mind walking a bit, Manny's in the Foshay Tower is probably the best steak house in town.

Concur on Manny's. It's the best place in town.

Were I you, I'd just skip the Wolves game. Yeah, they're that bad. And that's coming from a Gopher football fan. :)

Well my company has 4 tickets on the second row behind the Wolves bench.
I wouldn't buy a ticket but since they were free, good tickets why not?

Well my company has 4 tickets on the second row behind the Wolves bench.
I wouldn't buy a ticket but since they were free, good tickets why not?

Lucky for you the Wolves are hot right now, they are on their longest winning streak of the year :)

Yeah it'll be something to do....I just wouldn't expect a win or anything like that lol

Concur on Manny's although if you want to go old school Murrays still has some charm (go for the butterknife). If you want lighter fare or are pressed for time, Palomino isn't bad for a chain. There's usually some great talent in there as well.

Guys,

Going to a Timberwolves game tomorrow night.
Can someone recommend a good place to eat close to
Target Center?
By good I don't mean Olive Garden.

Thanks guys.

Bradstreet Craftshouse across the street from Target Center. You can spend as much as or little as you want. Try the Fairview Manhattan.

Glueks has really good beer and food is underated

Glueks, brews there own beer, very tasty beer heck actually some of the best beer for reasonable prices, and the food is actually not to bad for
a place known for there beer. If your looking more on the food side, Fogo De Chao the
Brazillian skewered grilled meat place is not bad. If your up for chowing on a lot of grilled meats, It's a national chain but you fill up your gutt, and it is fairly
tasty. If you want a nice meal, more of an upscale atmosphere than Capital Grille has pretty good food a tad pricey but the food is good though. Manny's steakhouse is an experience you should save when not being rushed to go to a game, if you really want to enjoy one of the best steaks and a good drink the atmosphere that place should be enjoyed as an evening itself. Foshay is a bit of a walk it's supposed to be chilly tommorow so if you go to Manny's give yourself some time to get there from the skyway.

Being from Minneapolis I've never thought twice about the skyway but out of towners always think its pretty cool.

Also I concur with everything gopherdudepart2 said about the food. Depending on what you want any of those places are good choices.

Ike's - it's on 6th street jus two blocks away. Great, unique place.

hooters, right across from the target center, best steak this side of the mississippi

Concur on Manny's although if you want to go old school Murrays still has some charm (go for the butterknife). If you want lighter fare or are pressed for time, Palomino isn't bad for a chain. There's usually some great talent in there as well.

Hoop tramps!-lol

BTW I enclosed a link to Manny's.

Here is a web address for Murray's for you (DeltaHog) to paste into your browser. http://www.murraysrestaurant.com/

I haven't been there for years, but the Monte Carlo used to be a pretty nice spot for late night. That is if you are looking for something after the game. http://events.twincities.com/minneapolis-mn/venues/show/346107-monte-carlo-bar-cafe. It is a bit of a hike from the Target center though.

There are many others including Spill the wine (that is if you are a wine drinker) that are more moderate and somewhat close.... There are so many restaurants that have closed due to the economy, that I can't keep track of what is still open in Minneapolis.

all the options everyone has listed are fantastic but i'll throw a couple more into the mix...solera and 112 eatery. neither are terribly far from target center, especially solera. hope you enjoy whatever you end up choosing!

all the options everyone has listed are fantastic but i'll throw a couple more into the mix...solera and 112 eatery. neither are terribly far from target center, especially solera. hope you enjoy whatever you end up choosing!

Thanks! Solera was the place I was trying to think of. Even If I did come up with it, I wasn't sure it was still open anyway. Cosmos portions wouldn't fill Kate Moss, so I won't suggest that one. I was only there once a few years ago for drinks and dessert and couldn't believe how small the dessert was for the price.

Great suggestions - 112 is my favorite restaurant in the entire state, and Solera is right up there.

A few more options:
Ike's on 6th Street - great burgers and meat - but be sure to order the homemade guac and homemade chips that just came out of the deep fryer.
Nami - if you like sushi, on 1st Ave and 3rd
McCormick & Schmick's - on Nicollet and 8th, it's a little farther, but have great appetizer specials until 6:30p.m.

I think we are going to do Ike's due to the recommendations and the location.
It looks like we can probably go ahead and park at the Target Center and walk
to Ike's then just head to the game.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I will have to check out Fodo do Chao next time I am up this way.
That place looks great.

Fogo de Chao is amazing. Agree with PBTubby on that one. Fast for the day before you go. And don't bring any friends who are PETA members. Or Hindu. One tip if you want to save some $$$. They have pretty much the same menu but the price is a lot lower at lunchtime. The salad bar isn't as elaborate, but you don't go there for the lettuce.

I'd go with something light and inexpensive, as you probably will be losing it sometime in the second quarter. They are bad.

The Seville is right across the street. Great atmosphere and very friendly service.

The Seville is right across the street. Great atmosphere and very friendly service.

Damn you. I fell for that hook, line, and sinker.
Clicked on their website and got the "Warning, You are trying to access a website that is not
allowed by etc, etc, etc.
Category: Adult Content.

Good one.

I thought Manny's was closing down, wasn't it? There was a big thing about it a month or two ago...

+1 on 112 Eatery, even though you've already made your decision.

I dont really know the 'hotspots' in Minneapolis, but I believe the Hard Rock Cafe is pretty close to the Target Center.

Top Bottom