Mike Sanford Fired

1) There is a reason fleck passed on him last time
2) absolutely nothing has changed the past 23 months that leads me to think someone internal should get it

If he does choose Simon I won’t cancel my season tickets. But I’ll be surprised if it’s an internal person.

it has to do with how he balances coaches, recruiting duties, etc

I don't know what he'll do but there is reason for what he does.....

Does he give it to Simon and change up other duties? Possibly

I thought Sanford was a good hire, but I agree it didn't work
Tons of people were immediately down on the hire. Very little past success. Seemed like a Robb Smith esque hire at the time. All name and very little results

Fleck isn’t a Simon for OC fan or he would’ve hired him already
Fake post is fake.

Fleck wanted to hire his buddy and gave fake reasons about wanting a QB coach as the OC.

You're just a useful idiot

Tons of people were immediately down on the hire. Very little past success. Seemed like a Robb Smith esque hire at the time. All name and very little results
I was blinded by a pro sanford article that highlighted his recruiting at Notre Dame and few other items and glossed over failures, which I was unaware of as I'm not too familiar with coordinators outside of MN

hell, the only real coordinator's in the B1G I'm aware of are Jim Leonard, Brian Ferentz, and Robb Smith

Edit: How did I forget Jay Johnson, MSU OC

NO F'ING WAY!!!!!! HAAAA HAAAA!!!!

PJ Fleck, you did it. You put your ego (your hyper sense of loyalty) aside, and did what was best for the program!!!!
He fired his DC mid season a few years back. I think we make more of his ego then is really there. We weren't great at offense this season, but it was no where near the disaster our defense was in 2018. I'm not surprised he waited until the end of the season given we were mediocre vs. horrendous. And part of that mediocre was losing significand WR talent and RB depth.

1) There is a reason fleck passed on him last time
2) absolutely nothing has changed the past 23 months that leads me to think someone internal should get it

If he does choose Simon I won’t cancel my season tickets. But I’ll be surprised if it’s an internal person.
So you respect Fleck's opinion so much that the #1 reason you don't want him to be the OC is because Fleck didn't hire him for the position a couple of year ago.

However, if the same PJ Fleck hired him now, you'd be so pissed you cancelled your season tickets?

LOL. Gotcha.

So you respect Fleck's opinion so much that the #1 reason you don't want him to be the OC is because Fleck didn't hire him for the position a couple of year ago.

However, if the same PJ Fleck hired him now, you'd be so pissed you cancelled your season tickets?

LOL. Gotcha.
I don’t NOT want him to be OC

I am predicting he won’t be the OC

If I had my choice we would run an entirely different system. But that’s not happening under fleck. So we aren’t getting anyone I want.

Maybe. Or maybe he changes his mind.
It's more than just changing his mind too.

Simon took on more responsibilities. It's entirely possible that Fleck thought going from WR coach to calling plays was too much of a leap. Maybe that changes now that Simon has been an OC.

Simon gets the nod, is my best guess.

Hate to celebrate a guy losing his job but really hoped we'd move in another direction. It bad if I could call a defense against what offense.

Also, saw something where Simon potentially was the one dialing up plays the past two games? Not sure if theres any fire to that steam but found that to be telling based on how the offense was called vs previous games. If that's the case, I'm 100% on board with giving him the job. Much like how Rossi was elevated.

Top Bottom