Mike Sanford Fired

Simon gets the nod, is my best guess.

Hate to celebrate a guy losing his job but really hoped we'd move in another direction. It bad if I could call a defense against what offense.

Also, saw something where Simon potentially was the one dialing up plays the past two games? Not sure if theres any fire to that steam but found that to be telling based on how the offense was called vs previous games. If that's the case, I'm 100% on board with giving him the job. Much like how Rossi was elevated.
I won't feel too bad as Sanford will get another 6 figure job somewhere

hell, Robb Smith is a DC again

Blaming the person who dialed up the play at the endzone that led to a wide open WR? Blame the person who dialed up the play where CAB was wide open on the sidelines? Do you think Simon called that FG attempt too? LOL.
You didn’t detect my sarcasm

1) There is a reason fleck passed on him last time
2) absolutely nothing has changed the past 23 months that leads me to think someone internal should get it

If he does choose Simon I won’t cancel my season tickets. But I’ll be surprised if it’s an internal person.
When Fleck passed on him last time, Simon had only been a WR coach. But Fleck did think highly enough of him to promote him to co-offensive coordinator. Now Simon has two years of experience as co-OC, which he didn't have last time. Only the coaching staff knows exactly what his duties have been during that time.

I don't know if Simon is ready and don't really care either way. But passing on him last time probably has no bearing on it.

I don’t NOT want him to be OC

I am predicting he won’t be the OC

If I had my choice we would run an entirely different system. But that’s not happening under fleck. So we aren’t getting anyone I want.
Ok. Yeah, I think Fleck will hire someone who also coaches the QBs. I would prefer Simon, but yes, I think Fleck will go in another direction.

As to you, didn't you just say you'd cancel your season tickets if Simon was hired? LOL. You kind of are saying you don't want him to be the OC too.

God there are some F'ing gimmicks in college football.

Love how the NFL does it right, in that respect.

When Fleck passed on him last time, Simon had only been a WR coach. But Fleck did think highly enough of him to promote him to co-offensive coordinator. Now Simon has two years of experience as co-OC, which he didn't have last time. Only the coaching staff knows exactly what his duties have been during that time.

I don't know if Simon is ready and don't really care either way. But passing on him last time probably has no bearing on it.
If he passed on him last time because he didn’t think he would be a good OC it would 100% have bearing on it

If I had my choice we would run an entirely different system. But that’s not happening under fleck. So we aren’t getting anyone I want.
What system would you run? I’m genuinely curious. You’ll need to be very specific.

oh for sure, if people think OC change will mean we'll stop being a run heavy team, check with me offense, etc....they're in for disappointment

Ok. Yeah, I think Fleck will hire someone who also coaches the QBs. I would prefer Simon, but yes, I think Fleck will go in another direction.

As to you, didn't you just say you'd cancel your season tickets if Simon was hired? LOL. You kind of are saying you don't want him to be the OC too.
I said I wont***** cancel my season tickets.
Read it again

He would run Coon Rapids offense.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

God I love seeing Some guy flail around like a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest

My God…what’s that??? Is that…that…Kirk Ciarocca’s music?!?!

What system would you run? I’m genuinely curious. You’ll need to be very specific.
I would run something with more utilization of a traditional 5 step passing game so it doesn’t look totally awkward and out of place.

This probably means fewer 6 and 7 linemen sets.
fewer sets with and H and a TE

more 3 and 4 wideout sets

I would run something with more utilization of a traditional 5 step passing game so it doesn’t look totally awkward and out of place.

This probably means fewer 6 and 7 linemen sets.
fewer sets with and H and a TE

more 3 and 4 wideout sets
That isn’t specific. You talking pistol? Going to find athletes to play those positions? Give us some comparisons.

If Sanford was such a bad fit, I wonder why Fleck hired him in the first place. Hope he does a better job of vetting the replacement.

Promote Simon to OC and bring in Ciarrocca as an offensive analyst.

Tons of people were immediately down on the hire. Very little past success. Seemed like a Robb Smith esque hire at the time. All name and very little results
My wife's family are Notre Dame fans and several said Sanford was a bad hire (he was their OC for two seasons also).

Glad PJ pulled the plug.

I won't feel too bad as Sanford will get another 6 figure job somewhere

hell, Robb Smith is a DC again
oh right.. i'm not feeling bad about it so much as just don't want to celebrate a guy losing a job. he'll bounce back, for sure.

Top Bottom