Mike Max: ‘Auburn’s Speed Might Be A Little Bit Much’; biggest problem "self doubt about do we belong with the big boys"

Fortunately, the Minnesota sports mindset didn't hold here like Twins against the Yankees, the Vikings in the playoffs, etc. The Gophers stood up the the big boys and won!

Auburn looked faster....on all of a handful of plays. Otherwise the Gophers looked faster.

"Big boys" is something that comes out of that dipwad's mouth a lot. It's clearly projection on his part. He knows he's no Mark Rosen or RJ Fritz or Randy Shaver and will never be.

If anything Minnesota looked like the faster team, and certainly the more physical one. TJ flat out burned that CB on the game deciding play.

Auburn class ranking on 247 from 2015-2019: 8th, 9th, 9th, 12th, 11th.
So about top 10 average, which is pretty solid but much lower than the Bama, Clemson, Ohio St rankings.

Either way the gophers have to play with intensity on the lines or our skilled players won't have a chance.
Really?, my Googling showed Auburn was #7 star-wise last year. They got one 5 star guy and multiple 4-stars.

If anything Minnesota looked like the faster team, and certainly the more physical one. TJ flat out burned that CB on the game deciding play.
I agree. I didn't see any Auburn CB closing the gap on Johnson. He's plenty fast.

I have lived in the Houston area for about 38 years of my 54 on this earth and I can confirm that "y'all" is used all day every day down here. the other word used constantly is "fixing" as in ....
Yall fixin to eat?

"Y'all" is just part of the vernacular here in Texas.
HoustinTXGopher is correct. I've lived in West Texas (grew up in northern MN and went to HS there but left for college) for over 25 years. People use "y'all" constantly, both in everyday speech and also in writing/emailing. Just a normal thing here in the desert of West Texas. Same with "fixin' to". But my favorite is the double plural, "all y'all". People say this all the time. HoustinTXGopher- do they say "all y'all" in the big cities like Houston?

HoustinTXGopher is correct. I've lived in West Texas (grew up in northern MN and went to HS there but left for college) for over 25 years. People use "y'all" constantly, both in everyday speech and also in writing/emailing. Just a normal thing here in the desert of West Texas. Same with "fixin' to". But my favorite is the double plural, "all y'all". People say this all the time. HoustinTXGopher- do they say "all y'all" in the big cities like Houston?

Of course, we wouldn't want to exclude anyone. LOL

Really?, my Googling showed Auburn was #7 star-wise last year. They got one 5 star guy and multiple 4-stars.

I believe Auburn is #7 star-wise for the incoming class of 2020. Those guys aren’t on the 2019 season team. Auburn was 12th and 11th in classes for 2018 and 2019 (forget which year was which), the most recent ones with players on the field for the Outback Bowl.

"Big boys" is something that comes out of that dipwad's mouth a lot. It's clearly projection on his part. He knows he's no Mark Rosen or RJ Fritz or Randy Shaver and will never be.

Max clearly is a wanna bee. I think he thinks he is one of the big boys due to his position. NOT.

Mike Max is whiney sniveling little moron. He hates the U and backstabs Gopher sports constantly....I know...I've personally heard him do it.

On Sunday morning with Sid, I'd rather hear Sid speak. Max is always trying to ask these cutsie, little questions, and then he laughs. I want to stab myself.

On Sunday morning with Sid, I'd rather hear Sid speak. Max is always trying to ask these cutsie, little questions, and then he laughs. I want to stab myself.
I want to hear the punk max admit he is a badger fan and total turncoat ... he is a total tool (that’s a nice word for him )

I want to hear the punk max admit he is a badger fan and total turncoat ... he is a total tool (that’s a nice word for him )
I actually don't give a turkey who he cheers for. My thing is that he's an insufferable personality, an atrocious interviewer, and has a face for radio. My wife likes the WCCO news, but she'll invariably switch the channel when he comes on.

Have you notice how F‘d up Mike Max eyebrows are sometimes? He needs to lay off the Botox.

Glad we have a chance to vent about Max a bit.
1. His voice alone bugs the crap out of me
2. He's a name dropper who brings up the fact that he played American Legion baseball or something therefore he likes to relate to his guests a fellow athlete.

Why are still talking about this Doubting Thomas?

I actually don't give a turkey who he cheers for. My thing is that he's an insufferable personality, an atrocious interviewer, and has a face for radio. My wife likes the WCCO news, but she'll invariably switch the channel when he comes on.
I could give a rip who your wife likes to listen to on the radio... mike max is a punk

Mike Max walks the Mpls skyway system staring at people hoping he gets recognized.

Haha -- I think some of you are being a little hard on Mike Max. I know he does care about the team, and the concerns about Auburn's speed and do we belong with the big boys were valid concerns going into the game. You have to be very impressed with that win over Auburn for many reasons. It was the best bowl victory of any of the Big Ten teams and gives the team a lot of mojo ending the year.

Top Bottom