Mike Leach has passed away

Not good. He was a character in his own way. Did have trouble with some players (not sure who was telling the truth) and of course differences with Clayes. Never like to see anyone go through this health issue. 15 minutes without oxygen isn't good. If he does recover, he'll never be the same based on what I've seen with a friend.

Thoughts are with him.

I actually met him once when I worked in minor league baseball. It was in between his TT and Washington St jobs. He was working a football camp in the area along with some other coaches so they came to throw out a first pitch.

He was a nice guy, kinda awkward but that's what you'd expect.

This will be a job for the Fixer. Well to be perfectly honest with ya……

I actually met him once when I worked in minor league baseball. It was in between his TT and Washington St jobs. He was working a football camp in the area along with some other coaches so they came to throw out a first pitch.

He was a nice guy, kinda awkward but that's what you'd expect.
Have you shared the story on Gopherhole before? It sounds vaguely familiar, but I might be thinking of something else.

Have you shared the story on Gopherhole before? It sounds vaguely familiar, but I might be thinking of something else.
I’ve probably mentioned it before. Iowa Wesleyan had a summer camp and was able to bring back former coaches. I don’t remember everyone but it for sure was Leach, former Kentucky head coach Hal Mumme and Pat Poore who was the WR coach for the Gophers at the time under Kill. I talked to Poore about the Gophers a bunch.

For a small school, there’s been a lot of successful coaches come through the Wesleyan program.

I thought this when I heard Leach went for some time without breathing (oxygen) but didn't want to post prematurely. Sad. I had a close family member that had a sudden heart attack with a gap in time before resuscitation. She never regained consciousness but was kept alive on a machine for a few days.

In the end, if you're gonna go, it's not a bad way to go; much better than long drawn-out painful alternatives (I know. Morbid). Peace to the family.
It's as mysterious as life itself. We had a family member that had her heart stop for an estimated 10 to 15 minutes. Obviously never the same, but she lived for a few years and even regained some speech function. She eventually passed away, but she cheated death for a few years.

May all involved be comforted by the love of there communities and the presence of the most high.

I’ve probably mentioned it before. Iowa Wesleyan had a summer camp and was able to bring back former coaches. I don’t remember everyone but it for sure was Leach, former Kentucky head coach Hal Mumme and Pat Poore who was the WR coach for the Gophers at the time under Kill. I talked to Poore about the Gophers a bunch.

For a small school, there’s been a lot of successful coaches come through the Wesleyan program.

Yeah Dana Holgorsen played for Mumme and Leach there as well. There was a good book, The Perfect Pass, written a few years ago that chronicles Leach and Mumme’s rise through CFB over the years. They did some amazing stuff together

Ha! I even saw the name Mick Caba amongst their coaches. He was at Inver Hills in the early 80's.

Mississippi State football coach Mike Leach had a massive heart attack on Sunday in Starkville and was transferred to University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, where he is still being cared for on Monday.

According to multiple sources, Leach, 61, collapsed at his home in Starkville, but did not receive medical attention for between 10 to 15 minutes. EMTs used a defibrillator machine and delivered multiple shocks to restore normal heart rhythm.

After he was stabilized at Oktibbeha County Hospital, he was transported by helicopter to UMMC.

Sources said two of four his children are already in Jackson with the other two en route.

It appears, according to sources, that Leach may have suffered seizures with the possibility of brain damage. Sources said the situation is dire, and MSU said Leach was in "critical condition" in a statement Monday..

Sad situation for his family and a loss for the football community. He will certainly be missed

as a healthcare provider, unfortunately this is how most of these cases end up if it is this long without cpr. To everyone out there, please learn BLS as you can absolutely save a life. Would imagine no one was there when he collapsed/was found down, but you can be the difference in someone making it or not if you can deliver good cpr. CPR and time to defib are the only things shown to change mortality in out of hospital arrest.

RIP Coach. Loved his style, we need more guys like him.

When he emerged on the national scene at TT there was an article about him in SI, The New Times?. I followed his career from then on.
I always liked people who shake up the established way of doing things, and are their own persons. He was the epitome of that.
I will miss him.

Very sad news for his family and friends. Shocking news, a huge loss for college football.

Top Bottom