Michigan State vs. Nebraska

GoForGold

Reaction score
Who do you want to win? In any case, I'm looking for to this game, relaxing and still reveling in that 8-2 record.

I'm cheering for Nebraska. I know the odds are slim of us winning the Legends but them winning this game helps us the most in that regard.

Posted by badgergopher:
Updated list of what to root for this week in bold sorted by likelihood (BCS rankings):

To win the Big Ten:
16 Michigan St. -3.5 @ 29 Nebraska

To get gameday:
ESPN wait until Sunday to announce CGD location
74 Indiana @ 22 Wisconsin -18.5
12 Oklahoma St. -1 @ 24 Texas
34 Texas Tech @ 5 Baylor -24.5
25 Georgia @ 7 Auburn -3
37 Washington @ 13 UCLA -3
23 Miami -3 @ 30 Duke
31 Ball St. @ 15 N. Illinois -7
39 Oregon St. @ 19 ASU -13.5
40 Houston @ 20 Louisville -16.5
17 UCF -17 @ 111 Temple

To get a January 1 bowl game:
4 Stanford -3 @ USC
44 Ga. Tech @ 8 Clemson -10
53 Florida @ 10 S. Carolina -11
103 Iowa St. @ 18 Oklahoma -21
1 Alabama -24.5 @ 62 Miss St.
3 Ohio St. -32 @ 84 Illinois
57 Syracuse @ 2 FSU -38.5
52 Utah d. 6 Oregon [off]

I'll be rooting for NE today for sure!!

MSU. I want them to have nothing to play for in two weeks, and we finish second.

MSU. I want them to have nothing to play for in two weeks, and we finish second.

I'm kind of leaning that way too. The fact that we've avoided Ohio State this year looks like a really good thing. 10-2 and a nice New Year's bowl is more than enough for me. Plus, I don't want to be forced into rooting for the Hawkeyes in the final week of the season. Who loves Iowa?

I will rooting for a slugfest, something that will take something out of both teams. Nebraska has to win. But a banged up Husker team and a Bruised Michigan State have games yet to be played that seem meaningless but are in our favor. Michigan State Travels to Northwestern. Nebraska on the road at Penn State. I think the Huskers lose to Penn State in Happy Valley. The Huskers are 7-0 vs. Michigan State, I hope they end the day 8-0.

We are in the mix for the Rose Bowl with 2 games left and there are actually people on this message board who are against this happening.

And for the record, I highly doubt Nebraska wins this game. Their offensive line is beat up, even moreso than when we played them. I'd be surprised if they ran for more than 40-50 yards today. Add that to a freshman QB starting and they just won't score enough points.

We are in the mix for the Rose Bowl with 2 games left and there are actually people on this message board who are against this happening.

Yeah, I don't get it either. This is a special season, might as well shoot for the stars. It's rare that we are in the conference champion mix this late into the season.

So the question is: Do we think (1) MSU is more likely to lose @Northwestern or (2) Nebraska is more likely to lose either @PSU or home vs Iowa? These are not very daunting opponents for either team. Iowa is likely the best of the 3, but I don't see Nebraska dropping its final home game. I think PSU is a mess now and don't expect them to beat Nebraska even though it's PSU's final home game. So that leaves me seeing Northwestern beating MSU as our best hope. Therefore I'm cheering for MSU today followed by a two game skid for the Spartans (which also means we'd be playing MSU for the Championship of the Legends if we beat Wisky--could we get two College Gameday Games? ;) )

First loser is a high goal, a stretch for many Gopher fans.

I have no dog in this fight other than I have more friends from Nebraska than from Michigan. I dislike Michiganders almost as much as I hate Iowans. I can't forget the years of being pushed around the field by the Huskers either.

There is no discussion here. The Gophers best chance of getting to the B1G title game requires a Nebraska win.

Sparty, so I can really give my brother, the Nebraska grad, a ration of **** at Thanksgiving.
Having grown up a Husker fan, I now love the fact that they are struggling. They thought they were going to own the Big 10 and their fan base has now resorted to blaming the "terrible conference" they joined for the failings of their all important football team. Hope MSU shuts them out.

Nebraska has to lose one, and this is the most likely one - and MSU has to lose two, which isn't likely to happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nebraska win today and go to Indianapolis after running the table. But this will show us just how good MSU is.

Nebraska is pissing it away .. third turnover in the first 10 minutes.

...moving the ball surprisingly well with all the OL injuries. The TOs will be what kept MSU in the game, but I think the home team wins this.

This is impossible! I understand that the Gophers' best chance is with a Nebraska win. But rooting for Nebraska is like hoping Santa brings used undies and a lump of coal, or like hoping the sensitivity in your tooth will mean you can get a root canal, or hoping your wife finds the pics of your girlfriend on your Iphone. It's just wrong.

This is impossible! I understand that the Gophers' best chance is with a Nebraska win. But rooting for Nebraska is like hoping Santa brings used undies and a lump of coal, or like hoping the sensitivity in your tooth will mean you can get a root canal, or hoping your wife finds the pics of your girlfriend on your Iphone. It's just wrong.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time with it. I'm being an optimist and considering this game a win-win no matter the outcome. If Nebraska wins, it helps us. If MSU wins, well, it means Nebraska lost.

Top Bottom